Thanks Meter: 10,502

By thecubed, Inactive Recognized Developer on 18th September 2013, 04:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th November 2013, 02:55 PM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyorbee

Hi it this method will work with intenational d802 version? And I wonder, I heard that LG G2 will get OTA to KitKat 4.4, when I will be rooted, I will still recive this OTA? And if yes, that mean I will become unrooted? And if yes, will this method will still work on kitkat to root my phone again?

Asking that too.
10x
The Following User Says Thank You to isotoper For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift isotoper Ad-Free

11th November 2013, 04:46 PM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 291

More
Thumbs up My LG G2 wont connect or wont show up in ADB
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecubed

Howdy everyone!

Here's another neat root! [...]

Ok. I come from a rather nice line of android devices and still had my shared piece of issues with this rooting procedure.
Here is what I experienced;
LG G2 802 Swedish version, sold to me by the operator "Halebop"/TeliaSonera
My device wont show up as connected while in adb window. It just read "offline" or "unauthorized".

My solution;
  • Used a second computer
  • Installed the drivers from here
  • Without USB debugging enabled I attached the G2 to the computer and let the drivers install
  • I chose to connect my G2 as MTP in "PC Connections"
  • Now I enebled USB debugging under developer options
  • And then i did, inside the "IORoot" folder (containing the adb.exe-file) I ran the "root.bat-file"
  • When it didnt connect to the G2 I once again disabled USB debugging and then re-enabled it.

Of course this is a rather novice and trail-and-error approach but it worked for me and therefore I make it searchable through google right here.

To all developers out there; thank you for making my digital life wonderful

Best regards from Sweden
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaherdin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kaherdin Ad-Free
11th November 2013, 06:55 PM |#503  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 34

Donate to Me
More
Can i root my D805 Device ?

Bad choice... missed my One
11th November 2013, 08:47 PM |#504  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 324

More
Can we update this XDA thread to reference iorootv11 that supports the Sprint version that was found here http://downloads.codefi.re/shelnutt2/g2/spr.

I tried it last night and it works on the Sprint LS980 version. It will be nice to have an easy way to tell folks with the Sprint version to reference this XDA thread for root.
The Following User Says Thank You to ericdabbs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ericdabbs Ad-Free
12th November 2013, 02:16 PM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Edit: Delete
12th November 2013, 02:23 PM |#506  
Flag France
Thanks Meter: 102

Donate to Me
More
Worked on my D802, thanks !
13th November 2013, 04:22 AM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
OK, im new to LG and just picked up my d801 earlier today. Attempted root with this and everything seemed to go through without a hitch, saying it was successful. All root apps seem to work, but I never get any prompts for superuser and no apps show in superuser either. I then tried to install twrp and again, it was successful but I'm not sure how to access recovery. Thanks in advance for the help!
13th November 2013, 05:17 AM |#508  
Flag Lincoln
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Okay this is a total PITA on the Verizon version. It always stalls at looking for device. I had to keep switching between mtp modem, ethernet and usb debugging before it finally went through. I still don't know how I did it. I never want to do it again.

Superuser doesn't prompt for root access I uninstalled it and SuperSU works fine.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
13th November 2013, 06:15 AM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 399

More
Used this method on my VS980 with the OTA installed....worked perfectly! Thanks for posting 😀

The Following User Says Thank You to simon_lefisch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift simon_lefisch Ad-Free
13th November 2013, 07:58 AM |#510  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 324

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisphoenix7

Will unrooting the phone untrip the root checker?

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmarranzino

NO..

Where do you find the area that flags or trips the root checker? Is this applicable to all variants of the G2?
13th November 2013, 08:17 AM |#511  
Flag Lincoln
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_lefisch

Used this method on my VS980 with the OTA installed....worked perfectly! Thanks for posting 😀

How did you get this to work on your Verizon edition? I had to do all these connects and reconnects, enabling disabling usb debugging, changing between modem and Ethernet. I'd get it past waiting for device then have to figure it out again when you have to unplug and replug. I don't even know how I eventually got it to go through both steps.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)