After installing ChobitsDigitalis ROM...

Search This thread

gollayanjr

Mar 27, 2012
Quezon City
After I installed Chobits Digitalis, I can't install another rom, I tried Creed's ROM 3.2 or Ultimate Sonic Rom v5 and it' still stuck at the screen where "Samsung Galaxy Y young S5360" Os displayed. Please help. I'll press thanks to thr onr who helped and respect your feedback. I'm just a newbie here :)

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app

m.h.mahadi

Jun 24, 2012
Dhaka
www.facebook.com
Google Pixel 7
After I installed Chobits Digitalis, I can't install another rom, I tried Creed's ROM 3.2 or Ultimate Sonic Rom v5 and it' still stuck at the screen where "Samsung Galaxy Y young S5360" Os displayed. Please help. I'll press thanks to thr onr who helped and respect your feedback. I'm just a newbie here :)

1st Wipe data then re-install chobits digitalis Rom then reboot it will take much time so wait. Then install merruk kernal or any other kernel on your sgy.after successfully installing new kernel go to recovery mode,then install creed rom......
i hope it will be installed on ur sgy.. Now Wait 2-3 minutes for rebooting............
Is that method work???? Plz let me know,,,,,,,

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium

cacosubthree

Aug 1, 2012
i'm not sure about your problem but i have successfully flashed chobitdigitalis from repencis and i also succeed in reverting to repencis.
i flashed chobits, while my phone is on repencis.
then i reverted to repencis by restoring my nandroid back up of repencis. i didn't even wiped data, system or cache. just restored my backup.

thadoukuki

Aug 17, 2012
Flash stock kernel via cwm or odin and reflash the rom. Remember to wipe data and cache partition otherwise you can experience bootloops. You have been facing this problem because chobits digitalis rom has its own custom kernel.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

jmullan

Feb 23, 2011
changeing roms halts system from booting

hi

I had this same problem and i resolved it by flashing stock rom via Odin. also, you can try re-installing the previous rom again and then update to new rom by always entering recovery using the 3 key combo..this problem happens when you initiate and update from within android via rom manager or having an app reboot to recovery then installing a rom.

cheers

Alphacode

The_animaToR

Jul 29, 2012
Delhi
Do a wipe data and cache
After flashing chobits flash white kernel......;
Atleast this will not brick your phone

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium
Current Rom : Chobits v2 and white kernel with modified sharinganmod and st@matis tweak

prandroids

Aug 20, 2012
Same problem no solution

I've tried to install Repencis 3.5 and Chobits V2 reloaded. Tried it with bunch of CWM too.... but still no success with custom ROM yet :( . I have flashed stock ROM with Odin. But upon reboot always get stuck at boot animation (the one with phone model text). I have followed every step according to the ROM pages, and tried recommended CWM to do it. I have no idea where am I going wrong. :confused:

kunal19911

Jul 13, 2012
I've tried to install Repencis 3.5 and Chobits V2 reloaded. Tried it with bunch of CWM too.... but still no success with custom ROM yet :( . I have flashed stock ROM with Odin. But upon reboot always get stuck at boot animation (the one with phone model text). I have followed every step according to the ROM pages, and tried recommended CWM to do it. I have no idea where am I going wrong. :confused:

what method did you use to flash stock rom with odin (with one package or without one package) if you have previously tried one package and that flash failed after sometime then dont try the other method(one in which you dont check/choose one package option) it wont work just stick to one package technique till you get it right

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

I havent tried the rom in question but some roms like repencis have their own inbuilt kernel (mostly it's only compatile with its rom) which replaces our stock kernel so when we try to go back to stock rom or any other rom after that then we are often stuck at boot loop coz that rom isnt compatible with your present kernel

pustinjak

Mar 11, 2012
Box at the 6th floor
what method did you use to flash stock rom with odin (with one package or without one package) if you have previously tried one package and that flash failed after sometime then dont try the other method(one in which you dont check/choose one package option) it wont work just stick to one package technique till you get it right

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

I havent tried the rom in question but some roms like repencis have their own inbuilt kernel (mostly it's only compatile with its rom) which replaces our stock kernel so when we try to go back to stock rom or any other rom after that then we are often stuck at boot loop coz that rom isnt compatible with your present kernel

Next time when u flash stock rom add a totoro file to-for kernel.I do that once after Repencis PDA,CSC MODEM + totoro