[TOOL] [15/07/11] AMT v1.8.5 - Sim Unlock, S-OFF, Downgrade - Added Auto Detection!

Search This thread

wez89

Nov 24, 2008
Manchester
Bricked my device and htc fixed the device, unfortunately i lost all root access which wasnt a problem as il just root the device again..

Considering htc put 2.3.3 on my device and visionary is for froyo i was looking at a different and easier method, stumbled upon this which i thought was great :) so connected my device, knowing i will need to downgrade but thought the gingerbreak apk would be a nice easy smooth way to gain root before downgrading, problem is, the app just doesnt seem to be doing anything.. :/

My device is connected to 'charge only'
i have usb debugging on
disabled all htc sync programs
ran the gingerbreak on my device, the loading wheel is spinning but its been like that for about 10minutes now and nothing is happening :/

any ideas, i could manually gain root but i wanted something simple

crestofawave

Dec 17, 2011
Heraklion
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
It is advised to only use the rooting/unlocking method as described in the Wiki, as it is the easiest yet safest way of doing so.

Honestly, it's pretty simple, in my opinion anyway. Had we found a faster yet still reliable rooting method it would already be documented.

You can use either Setherio's downgrade guide found here and then follow the wiki, or Strawmetal's Downgrading AND Rooting one. You can find all the resources here.

Strawmetal's guide is only directed to Vision users, as opposed to Setherio's which is directed to a multitude of devices, and as such it is more comprehensive and potentially simpler/easier to follow.

On a last note, please avoid Visionary as it has been known to brick phones.

Last edited:

wez89

Nov 24, 2008
Manchester
It is advised to only use the rooting/unlocking method as described in the Wiki, as it is the easiest yet safest way of doing so.

Honestly, it's pretty simple, in my opinion anyway. Had we found a faster yet still reliable rooting method it would already be documented.

You can use either Setherio's downgrade guide found here and then follow the wiki, or Strawmetal's Downgrading AND Rooting one. You can find all the resources here.

Strawmetal's guide is only directed to Vision users, as opposed to Setherio's which is directed to a multitude of devices, and as such it is more comprehensive and potentially simpler/easier to follow.

On a last note, please avoid Visionary as it has been known to brick phones.

thankyou for the strawmetal link, used that to downgrade and root my device

Abdullah Dot

Aug 13, 2011
Jeddah
Recently got my vision with 2.3.3 and already s-off. Now I need only root and recovery with strawmetals method. . Or still need to downgrade it first. ..

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda app-developers app

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
All ready s-off? You don't need to downgraded and chances are you're rooted. If you have a stock non-rooted ROM on there right now just flash a new one in recovery, if you have stock recovery then flash a new recovery via fastboot.... You know what, boot into you're bootloader and write down everything on that screen here, as well as which recovery you have, then any advice given will be more helpful

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Reactions: Abdullah Dot

Abdullah Dot

Aug 13, 2011
Jeddah
yes already s-off , rom is stock and recovery is stock as well .

VISION PVT SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-0.85.0013
MICROP-0425
RADIO-26.10.04.03_M
eMMC-boot
Apr 11 2011, 23.36:27

Android system recovery <3e>

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
good, now we just need to know how the phone got s-off, being you are stock everything then i assume it was with gfree but HERE IS HOW TO CHECK
the bottom of that post explains it, if you find your phone was originally rooted with gfree then go ahead and flash one the two PC10IMG.zips that are posted there, then boot to your new recovery and flash a custom rom. if you find it wasnt then let me know and well go from there

Abdullah Dot

Aug 13, 2011
Jeddah
good, now we just need to know how the phone got s-off, being you are stock everything then i assume it was with gfree but HERE IS HOW TO CHECK
the bottom of that post explains it, if you find your phone was originally rooted with gfree then go ahead and flash one the two PC10IMG.zips that are posted there, then boot to your new recovery and flash a custom rom. if you find it wasnt then let me know and well go from there

as after applying commands permission is denied no result, error !
i couldn't found out whether if it was soffed with gfree ...
im stuck in my new touch recovery,
current rom :- GRI40 . can i continue flashing
because now my bootloader is
VISION PVT ENG S-OFF
HBOOT-0.84.2000 ( PC10***** )
MICROP-0425
RADIO-26.13.04.19_M
eMMC-boot
Sep 8 2010, 15:56:38

Last edited:

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
It could potentially be dangerous to flash one of those .zips with out confirming you were explointed with gfree... being that it seems to have worked my guess is everything is fine
Now just pick a rom and flash it via recovery, if your not sure how look for rizzo izzos guide on how to flash a rom, its in the first few pages of the general section, be sure to thank him!

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AMT - Advanced Multi Tools - For HTC Android Devices

To Run on Windows XP - Make sure you have .NET Framework 4.0 installed. (Fixed Finally!) :)

Remember to replace the ENG HBOOT with the correct one for your device!!!

Changes / Improvements:
    ----------------------------
    Code:
    [B]Version 1.8.5[/B]
    [B]--------------[/B]
    [B]1. Fixed: (Spade) Desire HD Product Variant should now detect correctly.[/B]
    [B]--------------------------------------------------------------------------[/B]

[B]Version 1.8.4[/B]
    [B]--------------[/B]
    [B]1. Fixed: Recoded the complete detection routine. Now it should detect the board instead of device name and allow for network branded variants.[/B]
    [B]2. Removed: Checking for and rejecting custom roms. So feel free to experiment![/B]
    [B]--------------------------------------------------------------------------[/B]

[B]Version 1.8.3[/B]
    [B]--------------[/B]
    [B]1. Fixed: ROM Detection bugs. (Hopefully)[/B]

[B]Version 1.8.2[/B]
    [B]--------------[/B]
    [B]1. Fixed: Changed the way AMT detects ROM versions. More accurate![/B]
    [B]2. Added: AMT will now detect if you are trying to use it with a NON-HTC device.[/B]
    [B]3. Updated: AMT now utilises gfree v0.7[/B]

[B]Version 1.8.1[/B]
    [B]--------------[/B]
    [B]1. Fixed: An issue with G2 / Desire Z users where ROM version could not retrieved, preventing them from starting AMT.[/B]
    [B]2. Added: AMT will now detect if 'release-keys' is in the build description of the ROM to determine whether it is a STOCK ROM or not.[/B]

[B]Version 1.8[/B]
    [B]------------[/B]
    [B]1. Fixed: An issue where the Temp Root method AMT uses caused the Device Info Query to fail. Now you will be prompted to reboot your device and must restart AMT.[/B]
    [B]2. Fixed: A serious bug when you had the 'Flash ENG HBOOT' option checked and you commit changes, you would often get an error saying Unable to calculate MD5 checksum.[/B]
    [B]3. Added: Better string search capabilities, making data capture and validation alot more accurate thus eliminating lots of bugs.[/B]
    [B]4. Fixed: A few bugs in the Auto detection functions. Now flashing options will be disabled if you do not have an ENG HBOOT installed. Also improved the auto detection functions.[/B]

[B]Version 1.7[/B]
    [B]------------[/B]
    [B]1. Added: Detection on startup to determine if HTC Sync and its Tray Icon is running then prompts the user to terminate them.[/B]
    [B]2. Improved: Support for Gingerbread ROMS has been improved slightly. AMT will now auto install the GingerBreak APK if the device is not already rooted.[/B]
    [B]3. Added: Check for device connection before installing an APK Package.[/B]
    [B]4. Changed: New better looking application icon added.[/B]
    [B]5. Fixed: Windows XP Support finally works![/B]

[B]Version 1.6[/B]
    [B]------------[/B]
    [B]1. Added: Auto Detection capabilities which notifys you and disables settings in AMT that are not supported by the installed ROM.[/B]
    [B]2. Optimized: Added error checking for required files. If they are missing the application will not crash.[/B]
    [B]3. Added: Toast notification system to alert the user to long operations to indicate the application is still working and not crashed.[/B]
    [B]4. Added: Aesthetic improvements to Startup and Shutdown of AMT.[/B]
    [B]5. Improved: Stability is now alot better than before![/B]
    [B]6. Added: Query Device Info option to display: Device Model, Bootloader Version, Radio Version, ROM Version, Android Version and CID.[/B]

[B]Version 1.5[/B]
    [B]------------[/B]
    [B]1. Added: Option to install an APK Package to the device.[/B]
    [B]2. Optimized: Improved error checking further and optimized the code in several places.[/B]

[B]Version 1.4[/B]
    [B]------------[/B]
    [B]1. Added: Option to Kill ADB Server upon application exit.[/B]
    [B]2. Fixed: Optimized the code for the Verify Device Info option so should now display correctly on most ROM's.[/B]

[B]Version 1.3[/B]
    [B]------------[/B]
    [B]1. Improved error checking throughout AMT.[/B]
    [B]2. Added: MD5 Hash checking when flashing ENG Bootloader.[/B]
    [B]3. Added: Checking for whether device is TEMP or PERM Rooted.[/B]
    [B]4. Added: Verify Device Info option to check CID, secu_flag and SIM Lock status.[/B]
    [B]5. Added: Downgrade ROM option to automatically patch the misc partition for you so all you need to do is flash the relavant ROM afterwards.[/B]
    [B]6. Added: Supported ROM's button to inform you which ROM version is required for which device.[/B]
    [B]7. Fixed issue where obtaining TEMP ROOT would not work first time.[/B]

[B]Version 1.2[/B]
    [B]------------[/B]
    [B]1. Fixed: Device occasionally failed to reboot after performing operations.[/B]
    [B]2. Added: Boot.img flashing option for flashing custom kernels easily.[/B]
    [B]3. Added: Now you can browse for Recovery, Radio, and Boot images so you are not restricted to preset file names. ENG HBOOT filename will remain fixed for safety so invalid images are not flashed in error.[/B]

[B][B]Version 1.1[/B][/B]
    [B]------------[/B]
    [B]1. Rooting now works correctly.[/B]
    [B]2. Fixed CID length check before 'Committing Changes'.[/B]
    [B]3. Moved Recovery flashing option, You can now flash Recovery independantly as long as you have 'ENG HBOOT'.[/B]
    [B]4. Added: Radio flashing option. You must have 'ENG HBOOT' in order to use this option.[/B]
    [B]5. Changed: You now have to tell AMT if you REQUIRE Perm Root rather than stating if you already have Perm Root.[/B]
    [B]---------------------------------------------------------------------------[/B]

[B]Version 1.0 [/B]
    [B][B]------------[/B]-[/B]
    [B]Initial Release.[/B]

Application Capabilities:

- Temp Root
    - Perm Root
    - Radio S-OFF
    - Flash ENG HBOOT (S-OFF)
    - Flash Recovery
    - Flash Radio
    - Flash Boot
    - Remove SIM Lock
    - Change CID
    - Set Super CID
    - Display CID, secu_flag and SIM Lock Info
    - Patch Misc Partition to Enable Downgrading
    - Install APK Packages
    - Auto Detection Capability
    - Detailed Device Query

AMT now knows if your ROM is compatible with S-OFF, whether you are running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and need to use GingerBreak and even knows whether your HBOOT is SHIP, ENG or DEV! AMT Knows! It will even terminate HTC Sync for you! :)

So no more need to mess about following guides and manually typing ADB commands! AMT will even patch the version for you to enable downgrading with ease! :)

To make sure everything works correctly, make sure you do the following on your device:

- Downgrade your firmware if necessary.
    - Enable USB Debugging.
    - Disable Fast Boot.
    - Enable Unknown Sources in Application Settings.
    - Connect Device in 'Charge Only' mode.
    - Exit HTC Sync in Windows (Including Tray Icon)

This tool is designed to work with the following devices: Desire HD, Desire Z and T-Mobile G2.

May work with other devices but only been tested on Desire HD.

Use with extreme care and caution, as I dont take any responsibility for any carelessness etc...

This package contains:

- gfree
    - gfree_verify
    - Superuser
    - Busybox
    - flash_image
    - psneuter
    - root_psn
    - misc_version
    - GingerBreak APK

All credits for these tools go to their respective authors!

Have Fun!
    First! :)

Can this be too good to be true?
    First! :)

Can this be too good to be true?

It works for me! :) Test on my Desire HD, sometimes you have to commit the changes twice but it does work! :)
    fixed it had to install the android drivers ..one quick question if i downgrade to say stock rom to get the sim unlock feature can i go back to the rom im on now and still have the sim unlocked ??

Yes you can, sim unlock is permanant.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    ive rebooted 5x now should i try another rom i think im gonna try another stock rom and see what i get or what happens
    like this onehttp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1074852 its de-oxed if that means anything or helps

AMT has only been fully tested on Untouched Stock ROMS. If the ROM is deodexed, its modified, you should really use an unmodified ROM to avoid any issues. :)