AT&T Captivate be used without data?

Search This thread

Darkangels6sic6

Feb 3, 2011
Please try to refrain from long sarcastic rants that dont contribute. but yes this question thread does belong in the Q&A forum... Moved!

This confuses me. We are in q&a. I've seen quite a lot of threads in q&a with someones response being go to the q&a with that stuff????

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

ubikt

Feb 18, 2012
i have a plan of only 25 mb, enought for whatsapp and facebook messenger, use droidwall to not allow other data usage

deBricker

May 4, 2012
The Dreaming City, The Reef
You can if you go with straight talk. They have the Bring Your Own Phone program. Buy a SIM for 16 dollars from their website and just pop it in. And if your looking for the APN settings, just search my username in the Q&A and you'll see my working APN profile.

45 dollars unlimited EVERYTHING.... just don't abuse your data or they'll cut you off for a day... the term abuse means don't use 100mb of data everyday. Lol

Darkangels6sic6

Feb 3, 2011
You can if you go with straight talk. They have the Bring Your Own Phone program. Buy a SIM for 16 dollars from their website and just pop it in. And if your looking for the APN settings, just search my username in the Q&A and you'll see my working APN profile.

45 dollars unlimited EVERYTHING.... just don't abuse your data or they'll cut you off for a day... the term abuse means don't use 100mb of data everyday. Lol

That's pretty awesome. Their internet is really slow anyway though so you should be fine.

ericpeacock79

May 28, 2011
I was told by at&t store worker (who is a friend of mine) that with any android phone, just go to settings and disable data connection and at&t will never know the difference. He said both of his kids phones are setup like this and they use wifi only with no problems.
..... according to my friend, if a smartphone connects to the data network at&t will automatically add a data plan to that line.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Way to contribute a solution. If you're living unplugged as you say, then why are you here? If you have nothing positive to contribute to our community, then don't post anything and leave.

Sent from my Captivate
    Please try to refrain from long sarcastic rants that dont contribute. but yes this question thread does belong in the Q&A forum... Moved!