Help!? Removing the Root from a stock ROM zip?

Search This thread
G

GT_Zoom

So I spent hours searching for the stock ROM for my HTC Desire 300, so that I could unroot it. Then I deleted the entire OS/Rom by mistake and was left with a brick. Finally, I managed to find this stock version. It's rooted, and has the same SuperSu error about updating. Is there any way for me to remove the root files from this zip? so that the phone won't be rooted when I flash the rom? Which files would I remove?

In the Zip I have the following items:

META-INF (Folder)
Boot (Disk Image File)
Recovery (Disk Image File)
System (Disk Image File)

Trust me, I have searched for hours, there is no stock ROM for the 300 without a root =/

andreiav

Jun 4, 2014
Brasov
So I spent hours searching for the stock ROM for my HTC Desire 300, so that I could unroot it. Then I deleted the entire OS/Rom by mistake and was left with a brick. Finally, I managed to find this stock version. It's rooted, and has the same SuperSu error about updating. Is there any way for me to remove the root files from this zip? so that the phone won't be rooted when I flash the rom? Which files would I remove?

In the Zip I have the following items:

META-INF (Folder)
Boot (Disk Image File)
Recovery (Disk Image File)
System (Disk Image File)

Trust me, I have searched for hours, there is no stock ROM for the 300 without a root =/

The app SuperSu can do this for you. Go into Settings in SuperSu, scroll down to CLEANUP and you can find there Full unroot. So, just flash the rooted rom, and unroot from SuperSu

Last edited: