Atrix to ATT xperia play

Search This thread

HighJeep

Aug 21, 2011
I have a bootloader unlocked, rooted atrix running ninja speed freak. I love it! I have been useing an Android device for a little over a month. I really would like to go buy the xperia play for att when it comes out. I am just worried about the 400mb of internal storage. I am under the impression all Apps must be stored on the device, not the sd card. I hear if you root your device you can then store apps on the sd card, I just have not messed with it since this atrix has 16 gigs internal storage.

From my reading it looks rather difficult to root a branded phone. Now id love to unlock the bootloader to flash the doom kernal to overclock a bit for Final Fantasy IIV. I am a big gamer and just love the slide out control pad though.

What would you all think? Keep the atrix, get the new iPhone if it ever comes out, or get the xperia play for ATT?

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

HighJeep

Aug 21, 2011
Also I will gladly pay someone to handle this remotely for me. Team viewer or something along those lines

edokassiah

Feb 22, 2011
im using a r800x which is the vzw version
this thing is crazy fast overclocked and stripped of the bloatware runs smooth on stock rom
thats what i did i stripped the crap outta the stock rom i removed the preloaded games only kept crash due to needing the files for psxperia
i bought this with the intention of psxperia fpse and ALL the emulators enough to fullfill my naughty needs lol

downside is the internal mem but depends on the users if your an app whore then you need to figure shi out
but i uno it does come with a 8gb pre installed

the bootloader was a bi#% to unlock for vzw r800x
gsm models can be unlocked thru the website you just enter your imei number and root away

im happy with it due to the gaming capabilities and things as far as rom dev etc is barely beginning cant wait to see what happens
i honestly just hate the storage nothing a 32 gb sd card wont fix

just boils down to if ur a gamer and a techy
it does take some time to use psxperia but def worth it
i uno in the end the hardware is good just a matter of software which sony is notorious for this thing is just underrated due to lack of support nothing a little xda love wont solve lol
i will never go back to the icrap

HighJeep

Aug 21, 2011
im using a r800x which is the vzw version
this thing is crazy fast overclocked and stripped of the bloatware runs smooth on stock rom
thats what i did i stripped the crap outta the stock rom i removed the preloaded games only kept crash due to needing the files for psxperia
i bought this with the intention of psxperia fpse and ALL the emulators enough to fullfill my naughty needs lol

Exactly what I want to do with the AT&T version! Hopefully I can. Comes out the 18th. Gonna pick it up then. Hopefully I can figure out a root, and bootloader unlock solution

paxChristos

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 27, 2011
West Bend
App2sd is very easy on the Xperia Play, even without root

Get android sdk, open up command prompt (for windows users) navigate to platform-tools, and type in:

adb shell
pm setInstallLocation 2
reboot

Saved so much space with this!

Sent from my R800x using XDA App

Reactions: HighJeep

HighJeep

Aug 21, 2011
From reading through tons of these forums, looks like what I need to do is purchase a sim unlock code, then ill have fastboot access, allowing me to unlock the bootloader and root. Right?

edokassiah

Feb 22, 2011
From reading through tons of these forums, looks like what I need to do is purchase a sim unlock code, then ill have fastboot access, allowing me to unlock the bootloader and root. Right?

sim unlock is different only thing sim unlocking will do is let you use tmobile or any other gsm service(sim card) on it

things are a bit hasty right now for unlocking the bootloader but im sure things will get moving again
guess we can only wait and see until its released to see about the website bootloader unlocking

Reactions: HighJeep

HighJeep

Aug 21, 2011
Ah I see. Well hopefully it will run decent till a good solution is found. This play will be my second android device. Still a bit new to this platform. Gotta say its easier then messing with consoles!

Now to overclock and remove bloat is the bootloader unlock required or just root? I'm sure if I could just freeze apps that would help out

Last edited:

edokassiah

Feb 22, 2011
Ah I see. Well hopefully it will run decent till a good solution is found. This play will be my second android device. Still a bit new to this platform. Gotta say its easier then messing with consoles!

Now to overclock and remove bloat is the bootloader unlock required or just root? I'm sure if I could just freeze apps that would help out

i personally love it
plus just the novelty of it
unlocked bootloader is needed for for overclocking because it involves flashing files thru a custom recovery
not sure of the gsm version but the cdma version thru verzion the bootloader needs to be unlocked to flash the root files thru custom recovery also

yeah you can carry the majority of the consoles in your pocket lol

cutthroat31

Jul 26, 2011
Los Angeles
I was one of those people who switched from an iPhone 4 to the Xperia Play and let me tell you I am happy that I did. I loved my iPhone4, but gaming on it was not the same without that gamepad. The only downside (for me at least) is that the XPlay isn't as snappy or responsive as the iPhone (even overclocked and with bloatware stripped).

But like I said, you should get the XPlay if you're more of a gamer...

edokassiah

Feb 22, 2011
I was one of those people who switched from an iPhone 4 to the Xperia Play and let me tell you I am happy that I did. I loved my iPhone4, but gaming on it was not the same without that gamepad. The only downside (for me at least) is that the XPlay isn't as snappy or responsive as the iPhone (even overclocked and with bloatware stripped).

But like I said, you should get the XPlay if you're more of a gamer...

ios in general does run faster and cleaner but because the way the software was designed you dont to many task managers its not a resource hog
android on the other hand thats why phones are now coming out with better processor more ram to even run gingerbread etc and future os updatess

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    App2sd is very easy on the Xperia Play, even without root

Get android sdk, open up command prompt (for windows users) navigate to platform-tools, and type in:

adb shell
    pm setInstallLocation 2
    reboot

Saved so much space with this!

Sent from my R800x using XDA App

sim unlock is different only thing sim unlocking will do is let you use tmobile or any other gsm service(sim card) on it

things are a bit hasty right now for unlocking the bootloader but im sure things will get moving again
    guess we can only wait and see until its released to see about the website bootloader unlocking