[ROM] KA6, build date 2011.01.18

Search This thread

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
SGH-T959_T959UVKA6_T959TMKKA6_T959UVKA6_T959UVKA6_UV_TMB

ro.build.date = 2011.01.18 21:53:23 KST
ro.build.fingerprint = Samsung/SGH-T959/SGH-T959/SGH-T959:2.2/FROYO/UVKA6:user/release-keys

NOTE: Contains update to secondary bootloader ( but not a signed one )

http://www.multiupload.com/GZT6ZYFX46

NOTICE: I do not have this device model, nor have I tested the ROM, I'm only telling you where to find it.

Donate for my efforts (see sig) or at least use the thanks button if you don't want to donate :)

Uploaded by request - krylon360

Last edited:

oquinones

Jul 31, 2010
Orlando

ro.build.fingerprint = Samsung/SGH-T959/SGH-T959/SGH-T959:2.2/FROYO/UVKA6:user/release-keys

NOTE: Contains update to secondary bootloader

NOTICE: I do not have this device model, nor have I tested the ROM, I'm only telling you where to find it.

Donate for my efforts (see sig) or at least use the thanks button if you don't want to donate :)

Hopefully where it says "NOTE: Contains update to secondary bootloader" that means that I'll be able to use Heimdall on my Mac now. :)

Reactions: dinhductho

RobBull69

Oct 9, 2009
Chicago
Thanks Chainfire. I don't think I'll be a guinea pig with this update because of the secondary bootloader. Sammy's already been playing with a locked bootloader with its tab firmware.:mad:

XPLANE9

Aug 29, 2010
The secondary bootloader updates scares me, as if you bork up the bootloader not even odin will save your phone. And I would refrain from flashing this until the devs search through it and make sure there is no locked bootloader in the rom. The galaxy tab had a locked bootloader in one leaked rom.

I WOULD NOT FLASH THIS DUE TO THE BOOTLOADER UPDATE UNTIL DEVS HAVE SEARCHED THROUGH IT.

EDIT: Saw the edit in the OP Chainfire. Not signed. What is the update to the bootloader anyways?

Last edited:
Reactions: Xintros

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Waiting for somebody else to guinea pig is always a good idea, especially if bootloaders are in the package.

However I did check the bootloader before posting, it doesn't seem signed / locked / protected. And you can always flash without the bootloader, just remove sbl.bin from the tar archive before you flash it.

XPLANE9

Aug 29, 2010
The bootloader is basically what loads the boot image, rom, kernel, and all of that to start the phone. If you bork that up, the phone will not even start up, not even download mode since that is connected to the bootloader and is normally not affected by rom flashes.

eminembdg

Jan 10, 2008
Philly
Waiting for somebody else to guinea pig is always a good idea, especially if bootloaders are in the package.

However I did check the bootloader before posting, it doesn't seem signed / locked / protected. And you can always flash without the bootloader, just remove sbl.bin from the tar archive before you flash it.

Chainfire has already stated in the OP that it's not signed

Reactions: tenbeau

ndwgs

Oct 8, 2010
Everywhere
Chain,

I would've pressed on the thanks button, but i'm limited to 5...

LOLOL, we need more Thanks!!

I wonder what this secondary bootloader is... I'm tempted to flash.

Sent from the helm of Vibrant Galaxy!

jumaaneface

Feb 23, 2010
Bridgewater, VA

I'll be the "guinea pig" for everyone here after i odin this to see if everything is gonna be legit. i have a nexus s as my backup phone so this is just my toy. should i try to odin back to a 2.1 rom with a sbl.bin included?
also as a side note should i check the box in odin that says bootloader update? lol:D

Reactions: hanbaoquan15

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NOTE: Contains update to secondary bootloader ( but not a signed one )

i don't know too much about bootloaders. how does having a second one mean they are being more open? or was that sarcasm i didn't catch. lol

It doesn't. God knows what he meant. In total these devices have no less than 4 bootloaders (Initial Boot Loader, Primary Boot Loader, Secondary Boot Loader, and in case the SBL is corrupt, it even has a full secondary SBL - a backup). That doesn't make it more open, it has nothing at all to do with it. They're just pieces of code that run in a certain order to get your device up and running.

This ROM includes a new SBL, which - aside from finally loading the kernel - provides such things as "download mode" (the SBL in general, not this specific update specifically)

SBL works just fine. didnt lock me at all.
    My guess, some douche at tmo hw locked his phone on accident...or flashed a ATT rom.. lol, and wanted the SBL to be included.