Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ayysir

Aug 30, 2011
Bronx, NY
***Mod Edit*** (Copied from final post)

Ayysir said:
All Samsung GS3 updates will now be directed here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2129993

One central thread for d2lte since they are combined

Redirect all inquiries there!

hello_halo.png

paranoid_instructions4zkp3.png

MAKE A BACKUP
1. UPDATE RECOVERY
2. FACTORY RESET
3. INSTALL ROM
3. INSTALL GAPPS

DOWNLOADS

4.0x Main Link

KNOWN BUGS:

• LED is a bit wonky
  • PA OTA FCs

paranoid_hintsu4kjw.png

XDA:DevDB Information
AOSPA 4,0, ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
ayysir
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: ParanoidAndroid

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2013-09-14
Current Beta Version: 3.99-RC2

Created 2013-07-31
Last Updated 2014-05-24

Last edited by a moderator:

OGWisdom

Aug 5, 2009
Milwaukee-414
I think its still uploading

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Not uploading yet! Its still building :D

@Mysticfrog-jb update to cm10? Or the stock rom that just dropped? I've been @ work all day. Only been in the forum for like an hour max and its about time for bed.

This will be definitely complete by the morning time and I should have the rom up before I go to work ladies & gentlemen...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][JB:CM10:HYBRID] PARANOIDANDROID 2.54 STABLE-Update- -*NOV 20th*-

Original OP
    ***Mod Edit*** (Copied from final post)

Ayysir said:
    All Samsung GS3 updates will now be directed here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2129993

One central thread for d2lte since they are combined

Redirect all inquiries there!

hello_halo.png

paranoid_instructions4zkp3.png

MAKE A BACKUP
    1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET
    3. INSTALL ROM
    3. INSTALL GAPPS

DOWNLOADS

4.0x Main Link

KNOWN BUGS:

• LED is a bit wonky
    • PA OTA FCs

paranoid_hintsu4kjw.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSPA 4,0, ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    ayysir
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: ParanoidAndroid

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2013-09-14
    Current Beta Version: 3.99-RC2

Created 2013-07-31
    Last Updated 2014-05-24
    Alright kids, as promised, here's the run down of things to follow with PA:

1) The PA team has some new features and things that they say are going to make using your phone a whole new experience, as if paranoid android already isnt a whole new experience, but more is always better :) ! Something to do with the systemui of the rom.

2) YES, the PA team does plan to rebase paranoid android with android 4.2 aosp! They said in doing this, it will allow for better optimization for the device family. (Not sure what this entirely means, but again, sounds like nexus support) We will also be free of modifications and changes that the PA team does not support! (No longer would any issues be of the cm10 base, which should make the rom a lot more stable, when we get it all together) The PA team will also not suffer from "nightly", where releasing is always a gamble. However, some things such as the cm theme manager and lockscreen customizations will be put back in! And we'll also be developing a separate gapps for use with the rom, which will provide better connectivity and support!

3) Finally, the team has said that cm-pa can go on, we will be able to sync up the latest cm10 changes into the rom and provide updates that way, but the PA team is moving to the new base and WILL discontinue work on cm-pa! Which basically means, might as well move on to the new.

Again guys, this is going to mean a HUGE change in the way I do things and the rest of the devs for PA! I am going to have to learn a lot more. I mean I can always keep the cm-pa going with the newest commits and such, but I like to be on the bleeding edge and am going to see how this will work out for all other devices that aren't branded nexus.

Thank you for your time and have a blessed night all!
    Well ladies and gentlemen, as for my surprise...

As you know, paranoid android has taken a completely new twist! Using aosp android 4.2 instead of cm 10.1 has been hard work for the pa team! I am pleased to announce that the pa team has finally uploaded all of the new files for paranoid android 2.99! Until now, only the nexus devices were getting builds and now a couple of other builds have emerged. I did run the new update on my note and all I can say is...OMG! The community is certainly in for a real treat. A lot has changed and there is a new paprefs.

However, I will say this... The pa team ONLY have nexus devices!! Nothing else! Which means the pa team can only troubleshoot in the areas of the nexus! All other devices have been labeled legacy devices and as such, will only be supported if the official dev for each device modifies and removes overlays and other such! The hardware and kernel trees HAD to be used from cm 10.1 to be able to get it to work properly.

On the note, for a first release, it was pretty solid and stable but has some quirky bugs that needs to be worked out or even tuned and touched up. Its still very new for the rest of us and in saying that, some work to be able to bring this to other devices!

I will be trying to make a build for the gs3 along with the dev whom I choose to take over for me. As he will have to go through a little bit as I do, to be able to bring this to you guys! I ask that you all be patient, but be anxious, just a little bit...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium