[Q] Cyanogenmod 11 Freezes and Reboots

Search This thread

russian392

Apr 30, 2012
Simpsonville, SC
Okay, i have a few issues with CM11
This really happened all of a sudden yesterday. I would use the phone normaly, like send a text message or browse the web or use any other app and it would freeze, stay like that for about 10 seconds then reboot. I figured this is an overclock issue, but ive used the phone before and this problem wasn't so bad, it would happen like once every few days but not every 10 minutes.
Anyone else have this problem?

After thinking its overclock but logically its not, i thought it might be ART, i switched to art and it booted up fine and stuff, but i never bothered to check if it was working! and when i go to dev options it says im using dalvik, so i changed it to art and rebooted. It booted up back into dalvik again. Anyone know why this could be?

And since i couldnt change to art to see if it would fix the problem, i have installed a few apps lately.
Soundcloud, and SGS Touch screen enhancer. I dont think it has anything to do with those apps.

Ram is usually around 60% usage and even when i tried turning on every single app and playing some games at the same time nothing happened! This happened only durring normal average usage and every 10 minutes. By the way my phone was charging during that time...maybe it has something to do wit that?

giokaxo

Jan 19, 2013
თბილისი
Art switching problem is because of xposed framework... Delete it and after this you can change runtime to ART....

Reboot's reason is that your phone uses more ram... My phone reboots when its ram is on 90%... Which governor and io schedule do you use?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

russian392

Apr 30, 2012
Simpsonville, SC
Art switching problem is because of xposed framework... Delete it and after this you can change runtime to ART....

Reboot's reason is that your phone uses more ram... My phone reboots when its ram is on 90%... Which governor and io schedule do you use?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

gotcha. Well guess im stuck with dalvik

I use smartassv2 and row at 1.9ghz

why would it use MORE ram when i clear my ram on a regular basis (no auto clear apps though). i usually keep one or 2 apps open at a time at most 4. and try to keep usage to a minimum to increase battery life.

giokaxo

Jan 19, 2013
თბილისი

why would it use MORE ram when i clear my ram on a regular basis (no auto clear apps though). i usually keep one or 2 apps open at a time at most 4. and try to keep usage to a minimum to increase battery life.

install greenify, seeder and Ram manager pro.... they will help to speed up your phone

change to INTERACTIVE DEADLINE min cpu 384 max 1512.... i have it on cm11 and its quiet fast and i don't have any problem

Last edited:

russian392

Apr 30, 2012
Simpsonville, SC
I uninstalled snapdragon battery guru and didn't use any of those apps, and no more reboot issues

But now running interactive with deadline

Sent from my MB886 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Taha Haq

Mar 7, 2013
karachi
Getting the exactly same problem ... Any body got any solution ?

BTW I am using greenify and task manager to kill and greenify apps so at least I have 300mb of ram available everytime..
Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Ballinville

Jun 12, 2014
Works fine to me

I have CM 11 and no have any problem the Atrix works fine and no one problems. But when i instal Smart app lock is when the cel phone begin to reboot. Simply unninstall this app and works very well again.

It´s just my experience.

:cool:

Taha Haq

Mar 7, 2013
karachi
I don't have that app ... I get freeze in some apps for e.g when I go into gallery and tap a screen shot continuously then phone freezes.

Taha Haq

Mar 7, 2013
karachi
Does this happen on AOSP-based ROMs too?

No I haven't tried any aosp rom but I will give it a try .... I tried different builds of cm11 but all have the same issue ... I will try validus ROM which you suggested and will post my experience .

Edit: tried validus ROM but got some issues in it ... Some apps were not installing in validus rom also I don't like nova launcher ... Back to cm11 now I will try any other aosp-based ROMs .... I will update modem as soon as I get my new p.c

Last edited:

robobub

May 10, 2013

Just out of curiosity, what extra stuff do you use xposed for on CM11?

Dacik

Aug 20, 2014
Tirane
It's not about the cpu. it's all about ram. use greenify to hibernate the unused apps that take ram like google+,maps... it worked for me and now i have 0 freezes and 0 reebots ;)