[Q] Samsung Note 10.1 2014 or Sony Experia Z2

Search This thread

CheopsChefren

Mar 20, 2010
Have troubles deciding which of those 2 above mentioned tablets I should go for, the Samsung Note 10.1 2014 or the Sony Experia Z2 Tablet.

What are your thoughts about this, what would you recommend based on your user-experience?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

CheopsChefren

Mar 20, 2010
Thanks for the answer, but you also know just specs don't say anything about use in real world.

I am interested in hearing what people think of their tablet. Your comment about the S Pen is also something i like, i use a pen with my Surface Pro and i really enjoy it.
But, real life experiences is what i hoep to hear in here :)

kornelius1982

Dec 6, 2012
Tbilisi
www.overclockers.ge
Thanks for the answer, but you also know just specs don't say anything about use in real world.

I am interested in hearing what people think of their tablet. Your comment about the S Pen is also something i like, i use a pen with my Surface Pro and i really enjoy it.
But, real life experiences is what i hoep to hear in here :)

Maybe I`m not clear enough, I own Note 10.1 2014 and my brother just bought Z2 tablet and I have ability to compare side by side these tablets. After playing with both I`m confident in my choice and never regret my decision about Note 10.1, especially when it comes to battery life and display.
However I have to say Z2 is more stylish and significantly lightweight and slim.

CheopsChefren

Mar 20, 2010
Thanks Kornelius. Glad to hear you have experienced both tablets.
And good to hear youy choose the Samsung Note 10.1,, which makes me think about that one more.

warboat

Dec 20, 2005
Melbourne
Note 10.1 wins

I don't have a Z2 tablet but I have a Z1 phone, Note 3 and this Note 10.1
The thing I don't like about the Z1 was the lack of hardware buttons.
I don't like how part of the screen is wasted to provide these buttons on the Z1 as well as other Android tablets I've owned like Nexus 7, Asus TF101, TF201, TF300, TF700, Padfone Infinity.
Having gone from Dell Streak 5 to Note 1, Note 2, Note 8, Note 3, and Note 10.1 I feel kind of lost sometimes without the hardware buttons.
I feel like Samsung got it right, and Google Nexus and all the onscreen button camp got it wrong.
I even prefer the back button on the right as it has better ergonomics being directly under my right thumb as a right hander when using devices 2 handed.
And then there is the S-pen and Sketchbook Pro that puts the Note tablet on a different level.
If I was buying on looks and form, it would be Z2 looking pretty.
If I needed to use it with function over form, Note 10.1 wins easily.