[TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

Search This thread

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Hey folks,

This is a completely new build, with all the new changes baked in. We wanted to do a semi-official test release to collect bugs and hopefully do a formal official release with everything settled. The main pain point is the CSV files (see pre-install prep).

So a brief overview:

• New acoustic routing code baked in. Should fix most if not all audio routing problems, and will provide more debugging if stuff does go wrong. Also allows for more granular tweaking, see the CSV files.
  • GPS fixes for GB - GPS not only works in GB now, but it doesn't kill sleep! I was able to use GPS, get a solid lock, and put the device to sleep no problem.
  • BT should work & well with the new acoustic code. Post results.
  • RHOD users now have a choice of kernels. .35+ all have the new acoustic - so .35, .39, 3.0 and 3.1 are all fair game now... This is bundled with .27!!
  • Keep in mind, autobuild .27 kernels will produce no audio in this build... Obviously the bundled kernel will work, and the absolute newest .27 autobuild kernel does work now - Feb.27 2012 or newer.
  • rootfs tweaks - first, it will detect which kernel you're on (.27 or .35+) and automatically apply the correct firmware. Second, is it will always copy/extract the modules... failures there were getting annoying, and this is surefire if brute-force...
  • Few Easter egg apk's...
  • Probably a lot I'm forgetting, this might change ;)

Pre-Install Prep REQUIRED!!!

This step is crucial, and I forgot all about it! You must copy all of the *.CSV file from your WinMo ROM - these are in the \Windows\ directory. There's a very easy way to do this. It involves the Total Commander app for WinMo (Direct Link for the perpetually lazy...) (included in EnergyROM and others probably).

Now you're in Total Commander looking at your \Windows\ directory. Whew... lots of files. Fear not! Hit the "CTRL" button, then the green "Plus" button. This opens the Select/Unselect files dialog. Put in *.csv, press "select" and voila. All CSV files are selected. Now - File -> Copy/Move -> I want you to copy these (should be 10) files to the ROOT of your SD card. No folders!!! This is hardset right now, until we get it all implemented into the build properly. Thanks!

Install

Assuming you've done the pre-install prep; this is installed just like the other XDAndroid builds - grab your startup.txt (don't forget rel_path= if you don't have it at the root of the SD!), ts-calibration and boot!

Download

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Caveat List

• CDMA users might get a crash in phone.apk and no service on boot. If waiting doesn't resolve the issue, then reboot. Should come up fine...
  • BT might still be flaky
  • The CSV files from my TOPA100 are attached for the lazy. I'd like to gather CSV's from each RHOD, I'm curious if any ROM devs have changed them out either... This could get interesting. If you folks don't mind, post up your CSV's, point out differences with mine, etc... We're trying to figure out how to unify these, if possible! Thanks!
Please post back any issues, enjoy!

GBX0C Changelog
  • Camcorder: Now works (tested on rhodium).
  • Acoustic: Bug-fix : correct random loss of dual(rear)-mic.
  • MMS: Bug-fix: Slides with zero duration on Sprint.
  • Gps: Bug-fix: Init/de-init sequence fix (correct gps not starting up after being unchecked in Settings).
  • Gps: Bug-fix: End gps session with a correct rpc call (relevant to amss6125 devices).
  • Gps: Bug-fix: Don't send delayed position requests after session has ended (possibly relevant to Navigation issues).
  • Gps: New feature: Xtra (aGPS) -> verified to work on rhodium/cdma raph.
  • X1 specific: Screen rotation patch.
  • Added tytung's GPS injector app to AndroidApps\Other as well as updating/cleaning up some apps in AndroidApps.
  • Modified rootfs for newest apsta firmware & wifi firmware - wifi tethering now works flawlessly in the newest kernels! .27 is still bundled for the record...

Attachments

• AcousticTOPA100CSV's.zip
    8.8 KB · Views: 1,081
Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
not works for me (Topa100) stock on boot=(

Any information you'd like to provide? I can't really help you, you've given me nothing to go on.

I assume you mean "stuck" on boot. So stuck on the haret loading bar? Stuck on the flying text? Stuck on the boot animation? C'mon.

Reactions: doma999

doma999

Sep 10, 2009
Moscow
sorry, of course, I install like you write above...in console it can't detect build type...install on root of sd all std startup for topaz, no changes...if it help I'll can take a photo of console

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
sorry, of course, I install like you write above...in console it can't detect build type...install on root of sd all std startup for topaz, no changes...if it help I'll can take a photo of console

Can't detect build type... I had that yesterday, and forgot no_partitions in my startup. Perhaps same issue for you? Obviously this setup runs without a partitioned card, and if your card is partitioned you must tell the system that you want to ignore the partitions and just boot looped.

Reactions: doma999

doma999

Sep 10, 2009
Moscow
Yes, I have partitioned sd...can you post me right startup, please?
(or I have to add 'no_partitions' to my startup.txt?)

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Yes, I have partitioned sd...can you post me right startup, please?
(or I have to add 'no_partitions' to my startup.txt?)

Sigh.

Yes, you have to add "no_partitions" to your startup.txt, as below.

Code:
set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2293
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set initrd_offset 0x00a00000
set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmvkeyb_toggle=off sensor=topaz pm.sleep_mode=1 no_partitions"
boot

Poucet_OO7

Sep 24, 2010
Hi,
First of all thanks for your hard work and i'm so impressed by the way that XDAndroid changed my phone. But in this new version i remarqued that i have some missed applications in Android Market like "Tunis Radar" who is working in FRX07. There is a solution for this problem please ?

Thanks for respanding and sorry for my bad english :)

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Hi,
First of all thanks for your hard work and i'm so impressed by the way that XDAndroid changed my phone. But in this new version i remarqued that i have some missed applications in Android Market like "Tunis Radar" who is working in FRX07. There is a solution for this problem please ?

Thanks for respanding and sorry for my bad english :)

Uhm.

From what I gather, there's apps that work in FRX07 that don't work here. Tunis Radar? Is that a GPS app..? Any other apps that don't work?

Logs please.

...Or are you saying they don't show up in the Market? :confused:

Poucet_OO7

Sep 24, 2010
Hello,
Yes it's a GPS application and i can't see it in android market (it display that they are 15 results but i can see only Sygic (GPS App)).

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Reactions: Poucet_OO7

scarface5323

Apr 16, 2010
wifi not working

wifi not working,topa100 device
edit1: ok fixed if i open it before booting haret

Last edited:

lmemperador

Dec 6, 2007
hi, first of all thanks and happy new year ;)

i was testing it and i can not run "my backup pro" in order to restore all my apps. i have tried versions 2.66 and 3.01 of this app.

anybody with success in this stuff? thanks a lot
maybe with titanium backup?

i know...my backup is from froyo frx07 version but i think it is possible if the app can run and not force closes itself at the begining

what about battery? any longer results in batt life? maybe not... :)

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
hi, first of all thanks and happy new year ;)

i was testing it and i can not run "my backup pro" in order to restore all my apps. i have tried versions 2.66 and 3.01 of this app.

anybody with success in this stuff? thanks a lot
maybe with titanium backup?

i know...my backup is from froyo frx07 version but i think it is possible if the app can run and not force closes itself at the begining

what about battery? any longer results in batt life? maybe not... :)

Battery hasn't really changed.

Titanium Backup works great, I use it almost every day.

williamsnyder

Oct 31, 2009
sorry if i post in wrong section, but i found no topic about GBX0B for HTC Raphael.
i use this GBX0B for my HTC Raphael 100, and the micro doesn't work.
how can i use it?

p/s: sorry for my bad english.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey folks,

This is a completely new build, with all the new changes baked in. We wanted to do a semi-official test release to collect bugs and hopefully do a formal official release with everything settled. The main pain point is the CSV files (see pre-install prep).

So a brief overview:

• New acoustic routing code baked in. Should fix most if not all audio routing problems, and will provide more debugging if stuff does go wrong. Also allows for more granular tweaking, see the CSV files.
    • GPS fixes for GB - GPS not only works in GB now, but it doesn't kill sleep! I was able to use GPS, get a solid lock, and put the device to sleep no problem.
    • BT should work & well with the new acoustic code. Post results.
    • RHOD users now have a choice of kernels. .35+ all have the new acoustic - so .35, .39, 3.0 and 3.1 are all fair game now... This is bundled with .27!!
    • Keep in mind, autobuild .27 kernels will produce no audio in this build... Obviously the bundled kernel will work, and the absolute newest .27 autobuild kernel does work now - Feb.27 2012 or newer.
    • rootfs tweaks - first, it will detect which kernel you're on (.27 or .35+) and automatically apply the correct firmware. Second, is it will always copy/extract the modules... failures there were getting annoying, and this is surefire if brute-force...
    • Few Easter egg apk's...
    • Probably a lot I'm forgetting, this might change ;)

Pre-Install Prep REQUIRED!!!

This step is crucial, and I forgot all about it! You must copy all of the *.CSV file from your WinMo ROM - these are in the \Windows\ directory. There's a very easy way to do this. It involves the Total Commander app for WinMo (Direct Link for the perpetually lazy...) (included in EnergyROM and others probably).

Now you're in Total Commander looking at your \Windows\ directory. Whew... lots of files. Fear not! Hit the "CTRL" button, then the green "Plus" button. This opens the Select/Unselect files dialog. Put in *.csv, press "select" and voila. All CSV files are selected. Now - File -> Copy/Move -> I want you to copy these (should be 10) files to the ROOT of your SD card. No folders!!! This is hardset right now, until we get it all implemented into the build properly. Thanks!

Install

Assuming you've done the pre-install prep; this is installed just like the other XDAndroid builds - grab your startup.txt (don't forget rel_path= if you don't have it at the root of the SD!), ts-calibration and boot!

Download
    Caveat List

• CDMA users might get a crash in phone.apk and no service on boot. If waiting doesn't resolve the issue, then reboot. Should come up fine...
    • BT might still be flaky
    • The CSV files from my TOPA100 are attached for the lazy. I'd like to gather CSV's from each RHOD, I'm curious if any ROM devs have changed them out either... This could get interesting. If you folks don't mind, post up your CSV's, point out differences with mine, etc... We're trying to figure out how to unify these, if possible! Thanks!
    Please post back any issues, enjoy!

GBX0C Changelog
    • Camcorder: Now works (tested on rhodium).
    • Acoustic: Bug-fix : correct random loss of dual(rear)-mic.
    • MMS: Bug-fix: Slides with zero duration on Sprint.
    • Gps: Bug-fix: Init/de-init sequence fix (correct gps not starting up after being unchecked in Settings).
    • Gps: Bug-fix: End gps session with a correct rpc call (relevant to amss6125 devices).
    • Gps: Bug-fix: Don't send delayed position requests after session has ended (possibly relevant to Navigation issues).
    • Gps: New feature: Xtra (aGPS) -> verified to work on rhodium/cdma raph.
    • X1 specific: Screen rotation patch.
    • Added tytung's GPS injector app to AndroidApps\Other as well as updating/cleaning up some apps in AndroidApps.
    • Modified rootfs for newest apsta firmware & wifi firmware - wifi tethering now works flawlessly in the newest kernels! .27 is still bundled for the record...
    I think that on Android Topaz didn't give all the ram.. From the first try of android until now the ram is excactly the same... But 2 years ago the ram was default @ 256MB... So now i think we must check upgrade it to 288MB just for topaz..
    I don't know how to make a kernel so if someone know it's better if he can check and maybe we can pull out some more ram for topaz..

The Topaz and the Rhodium have the same amount of ram but that last 32MB that you are trying to use is reserved for the radio rom and not user accessible. You are wasting your time trying to access this... but hey if by some miracle you are able to retask that peice of memory good luck making a phone call.

My mobile is Rhodium 100.
    So can you point me where to find sources?
    https://gitorious.org/linux-msm-rhod/linux-msm-rhodv
    I know about it, but have no idea how to download anything.

On my current kernel 2.6.27 i have problem with bluetooth. When it is paired with stereo headphones only one route is working in time: when audio route works ( for calls) multimedia not (I cannot listing to the music). But if I choose after pairing to work only as multimedia (audio unticked) it is working fine.
    And there is always trouble with connecting with headse (Nokia BH 214). I need to unpair it and pair everytime I start Android. Ofcourse all *.csv files from Windows are present (11 files, why not 10?)
    Hope my logs will help.

Thanks for all your work.

You should be seeking assistance in the rhodium section. Here is the thread where you can find the newest kernels for GBX0C on rhodium:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1424495
    You want the link towards the middle of the first post "Auto Built Service...."
    But the new kernel is probably not going to fix your bluetooth issues. That said I still recommend updating to the newest one.
    not works for me (Topa100) stock on boot=(

Any information you'd like to provide? I can't really help you, you've given me nothing to go on.

I assume you mean "stuck" on boot. So stuck on the haret loading bar? Stuck on the flying text? Stuck on the boot animation? C'mon.

Can't detect build type... I had that yesterday, and forgot no_partitions in my startup. Perhaps same issue for you? Obviously this setup runs without a partitioned card, and if your card is partitioned you must tell the system that you want to ignore the partitions and just boot looped.