[ROM] Clean ROM - Stock UI - RTM 8858 Base - Focus v1.3 - 7.8 Official

Search This thread

TrashSlash

Apr 17, 2012
Barranquilla
I have changed the search provider inside IE from Bing->Google but what about the soft-button in the bottom row? Is there no way to change how this acts? For the life of me I cannot figure it out and despite searching around in this thread, I am left asking.

Thanks!
there is an app called SearchKeySettings and it´s own to ultrashot you can google it, it´s comes installed in dynamic roms

saiftheboss7

Jun 24, 2011
Dhaka
saifhassan.info
Connected Zune. This is asking for update. Should I update? If I update, will I be able to install xaps? (Technically, will I loose Root Acess?)

Another question, i installed the two cabs file. I think I should have access to all Nokia Exclusive apps. But still I'm seeing Samsung Apps! Flashing cabs didn't help. What to do?

Last edited:

TrashSlash

Apr 17, 2012
Barranquilla
Connected Zune. This is asking for update. Should I update? If I update, will I be able to install xaps? (Technically, will I loose Root Acess?)

Another question, i installed the two cabs file. I think I should have access to all Nokia Exclusive apps. But still I'm seeing Samsung Apps! Flashing cabs didn't help. What to do?
1). you can update it with zune without any problem, and don´t be fear you don´t gonna lose the unlock you gonna be able after update of do everything you can do now like side load xap´s and modify the registry
2). yes, after of install nokia driver.cab you can use the nokia apps, but you have to change the samsung market for the nokia one, you can do it with this app http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2369123, some of nokia app also require to change the device name for a nokia lumia ir order to work.

saiftheboss7

Jun 24, 2011
Dhaka
saifhassan.info
1). you can update it with zune without any problem, and don´t be fear you don´t gonna lose the unlock you gonna be able after update of do everything you can do now like side load xap´s and modify the registry
2). yes, after of install nokia driver.cab you can use the nokia apps, but you have to change the samsung market for the nokia one, you can do it with this app http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2369123, some of nokia app also require to change the device name for a nokia lumia ir order to work.

Thanks so much for OEM Market link. I'll do that. Can you tell me how to change device name for Samsung Focus? Suppose, I want to name it Lumia 800. Then what to do?

beezle

Aug 30, 2006
Hi - Thanks for the ROM.. this is first time doing anything with a windows phone as I'm more from the android world. What is the procedure for loading your theme accents cab? Thanks and sorry to bother.

TrashSlash

Apr 17, 2012
Barranquilla
just wanted to say i have used this room for almost a year and in the best one ever created for the focus,i never have had experienced a reboot or a freeze like with the dynamic and the other ones. i still loving this room:highfive:

EirikrHinnRauthi

One year later... the promise we had from AT&T for an official Windows Phone 7 ROM fell through! SAD DAY!

Well... after holding out for so long, I've finally gone ahead with this route. :)

Thanks so much for your amazing work! Wish Microsoft went ahead with WP8 for these anyway, since this is basically a Lumia 520. Grrrr.

PabloW92

Oct 19, 2011
Sorry for the noob question, I just installed this rom today, but I dont know how to install the cab files. What do I need to do that? is the Nokia store better than the samsung one?

Last edited:

kenetix

May 29, 2012
Thanks for rom

Just flashed it and I like the improvements. I just got the phone, so it will take me a while to get used to it. Been an android fan for a while. Good work. Very easy to flash. Thanks.

Ken

pgunning1

Apr 27, 2007
Hello I know this thread hasn't been updated in a long while, but does anyone have a good working rom for the HD2 by chance? It sounded as if the dev did great work with this rom but the links seem dead for the Rom.

Many thanks in advance for any help with a link for this.

ATB

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok folks, I've been running versions of my newest build on my Focus, Lumia 800, and HD2 now for about a week and all three devices are rock solid so time for a public release.

So here are the fruits of my labor. My goal was to stay as minimal and as stock as possible. Windows Phone as it is supposed to be. Most of the changes are 'under-the-hood' type changes so your device will still look stock but you will have all the perks of a fully unlocked ROM. There is support cooked in for ultrashot's packages but the XAP's have been left out. This way if you want them you can side-load them but for those that don't there is no extra clutter to worry about. For those using build 3.00 (does not apply to 3.05+) to make things easier for you all I have included the two most important ultrashot XAP's at the bottom of this post. You will need to side-load AccountManager if you want the ability to run programs that need 'Root' and if you want the ability to install XAP's via IE you will need to side-load XapDeployer. For those that aren't concerned with any of this you don't have to do anything.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOUR PHONE EXPLODES OR ANYTHING ELSE. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

【ROM Version】 Clean ROM 3.10a

【SYS Languages】 GER/ENG/ESP/FRA/ITA

【Model of Device】 SGH-I917 Rev 1.3

【OS Version】 7.10.8858.136

-official nokia rtm base
    -full unlock via ultrashot unlocks
    -csc support implemented
    -original five focus display languages only
    -original microsoft wallpapers and ringtones only
    -nokia drive included
    -removed now hub
    -removed att & rogers branding in internet explorer
    -fixed color banding
    -internet connection sharing enabled
    -diagnosis auto-installed
    -network profile auto-installed
    -high fidelity position auto-installed
    -htc app drivers included
    -flip to silence package included
    -dlna support package included
    -sd storage unlock
    -gray accent added
    -disabled system logging
    -added ability to set static ip
    -added ability to change default search provider
    -other minor tweaks and improvments

*support for Microsoft, Samsung, XBmod-Yuki, ultrashot, and voluptuary CAB updates

THANKS: DFT Team, AnDim, OSBuilder Team, xboxmod, ultrashot, ceesheim, mirolg, contable, Heathcliff74 and Microsoft

EXTRA THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR THEIR DONATIONS: RonV42

BUGS: Let me know.

OTHER: While I have included ultrashot's unlocks and added support for his SearchKeySettings the SearchKeySettings XAP is not installed. If you would like this functionality you will have to install it. Support for SearchKeySettings has been removed as of build 1.25 because it broke voice search in bing.

BATTERY: Some users have suggested that perhaps 'Extra Settings' uses extra battery. So I have attached to this post a XAP that will 'pull' 'Extra Settings' from the 'Settings' menu thus allowing it to be uninstalled. Extra Settings has been removed as of build 1.25.

As always, if you like my work please click "THANKS" ;)

DOWNLOAD build 3.10a - WP 7.8
    DOWNLOAD build 2.01a - Tango
    DOWNLOAD build 1.30 - Mango
    If you have trouble downloading try using IE9, it should work then.

MIRROR of builds 1.10, 1.20, 1.20a, 1.25, 2.00 <- Thanks SuperSport

MIRROR of builds 1.30, 2.00 <- Thanks HaVoKeR
    HOW TO INSTALL:

0.) Have MAGLDR installed on your phone and Samsung Drivers installed on your PC
    1.) Place the zip files 'OS.D000FF + CSC.D000FF + DFT_WPI_SAM1.exe + rapitool.exe' in a folder
    2.) Go to 'Settings' -> 'about' -> 'reset your phone' -> 'yes' -> 'yes'
    3.) Right when the screen goes black press and hold 'voldown + camera'
    4.) Press '<-' (cancel)
    5.) Plug your phone into your PC
    6.) Flash OS.D000FF + CSC.D000FF with DFT_WPI_SAM1.exe
    7.) Wait
    8.) Go through the setup wizard on phone
    9.) Go to 'Settings' -> 'about' -> 'reset your phone' -> 'yes' -> 'yes'
    10.) Enjoy and press 'thanks' below (optional)

EXTRA CAB's (these work with build 1.20 and later): These probably won't work well with build 3.00

1.) contable's full system skin *!*first you MUST send the REMOVE CAB to uninstall the old Storage Lock*!*
    2.) extra accents (zebra, nokia blue, htc green) and themes (night, blood, ocean, jungle) <- Build 1.25 and later
    3.) XBOX Live & Office icon 'fixer'
    You are the BEST voluptuary!! THank you so much! Everything is working smooth :)

No problem, I'm glad that solved everything for you. All I ask is if you are happy with my work just click the "Thanks" button ;)
    congratulation to your first ROM :cool:
    This release is to make sure all the backend changes I made function properly before Tango comes out so that I can be sure any quirks that might pop up then are not comming from anything I have done here. So please if you notice anything that is 'not quite right' please post it. That said this should be very stable.

-dft 8107 base
    -dft 'extras' removed (lockscreen, accents, ect.)
    -ultrashot unlocks (interop, xbl, full) *new
    -fixed color banding
    -fixed internet connection sharing
    -htc drivers (v1) *new
    -diagnosis app pre-installed (##634# call removed)
    -network profile pre-installed
    -removed now hub
    -removed help & how-to
    -removed att & rogers favorites in internet explorer
    -original five focus display languages only
    -original microsoft wallpapers and ringtones only
    -extra settings (from samsung 2nd gen)
    -high fidelity position (from samsung 2nd gen)
    -sd storage unlock
    -skydrive & skype & weather
    -nokia drive (v2.0 unbranded) *new
    -csc support implemented (more like factory firmwares) *new
    -my accents and themes (full 3rd party app support, only rom with this right now)
    -minor under the hood tweaks *new
    -support for Microsoft, Samsung, XBmod-Yuki, ultrashot, CeesHeim, contable-miro, and voluptuary cab updates *new

DOWNLOAD LINK IN FIRST POST :)