How to setup Verizon Wireless APN Settings for MMS

Search This thread

nismopc

Oct 31, 2010
I can't believe this hasn't been stickied but this is how to apply the APN Settings to most ROM's that are Android 4.0+. Most ROM's have this information already baked in, some do not. I created this little tutorial not only for people that are new to this, but also for veterans who need a quick reference for the actual settings. Can we please get this Stickied?

APN Settings for MMS...

Appreciate this post. Although it's a couple months old, I was having issues with my Inc2 for last 3 weeks and been racking my brain and the interweb :p to find a fix. I am running Unofficial CM7 Nightlies and could not get MMS to work. I also tried 3 other ROM's to go back to that I know it worked on. For some reason, the APN would not get set. I used the settings provided and now I can send MMS!

:D

arjangt

Feb 8, 2009
hi, i am in the process of searching for a fix but so far haven't come across anything for this case. am running CM10.1 with 4.2.2 on a vzw s3, rooted and unlocked. i installed the apn data (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2044449) but still when i go to more settings -> mobile networks there is nothing about APN anywhere ...

any clue about this ?

Reactions: Datdurtyboi

NeverSeparate

Jan 22, 2012
hi, i am in the process of searching for a fix but so far haven't come across anything for this case. am running CM10.1 with 4.2.2 on a vzw s3, rooted and unlocked. i installed the apn data (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2044449) but still when i go to more settings -> mobile networks there is nothing about APN anywhere ...

any clue about this ?

Someone might be able to help anyway but you are in the wrong forum. This is for the incredible 2.

Sent from my Carbonated Gnex

arjangt

Feb 8, 2009
Someone might be able to help anyway but you are in the wrong forum. This is for the incredible 2.

Sent from my Carbonated Gnex

ah, sorry for that, just noticed. but i haven't seen anything similar for the s3. i assumed in was software-related since it's the APN settings that aren't there.

i once flashed a different mod (not sure which?) where I was able to see but not edit the APNs. I think slimbean may do the trick, will try it anyway.

Osiris19

Apr 4, 2011
the setting should in fine but it doesn't work. I'm on pageplus running MIUI v5

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

VZW MMSC String

APN Settings for MMS

9. Select "MMSC" and enter "http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms" and select "OK"

@fallendown I hope you are ok & didn't break a hip when you hit the ground. JK Thanks for the write up that makes it short & simple for peps good job

I Just wanted to share a VZW String that I use on Customer phones & have had pretty good results with it for a couple years now.

So in the MMSC spot you can put the above String &if that don't work you could put:

http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms?X-VZW-MDN=1234567890
REPLACE 1234567890 with the 10 Digit Phone # of the Device.
Make sure that you put this is exactly the same as above the ?,X, - & Caps at the end must be entered correctly & the same as above.

I usually just put this in now a days & skip the testing the String without the extra. Hope this helps a Few people

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

When I do this on the 10.2 RC1 for CM it gives me the following error: MMC field must be 3 digits

Anyone know a fix?

You need the MMSC not the MMC Field & if you are entering the string into the MMSC Field then the has a bug. Look in the Rom thread & see if anyone has posted the issue already. If not then post a question asking about it. Is what I suggest.

Osiris19

Apr 4, 2011
@fallendown I hope you are ok & didn't break a hip when you hit the ground. JK Thanks for the write up that makes it short & simple for peps good job

I Just wanted to share a VZW String that I use on Customer phones & have had pretty good results with it for a couple years now.

So in the MMSC spot you can put the above String &if that don't work you could put:

http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms?X-VZW-MDN=1234567890
REPLACE 1234567890 with the 10 Digit Phone # of the Device.
Make sure that you put this is exactly the same as above the ?,X, - & Caps at the end must be entered correctly & the same as above.

I usually just put this in now a days & skip the testing the String without the extra. Hope this helps a Few people

I tried this on miui v5 and no matter what I do, it will not send or receive. Its the only rom that doesn't work. Every other rom I never had to touch the APN. Any idea on this? Would using mms.apk from say cm10.1 work?

Any idea on this? Would using mms.apk from say cm10.1 work?

I know you didn't direct this toward me but yes you could try using the mms.apk from a working rom. I know you may not want to use a different text app but since you are posting about snagging an apk from 1 rom & putting it on another mms must be important to you. So you could try go sms pro & put that string with your number into the go sms pro app & see if that works. If those options don't work post back I have some other tricks to try.

Sent from my SM-T217S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Osiris19

Apr 4, 2011
I know you didn't direct this toward me but yes you could try using the mms.apk from a working rom. I know you may not want to use a different text app but since you are posting about snagging an apk from 1 rom & putting it on another mms must be important to you. So you could try go sms pro & put that string with your number into the go sms pro app & see if that works. If those options don't work post back I have some other tricks to try.

Sent from my SM-T217S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I used to use that app before and loved it. Ill try it and get back to you on that thanks!

[Edit] it worked. Go sms sends mms and the stock messaging app is still unable. Thanks again!

Last edited:

elarson006

Oct 5, 2010
I can't get it to work on my Droid 4.

In case it helps anyone, Droix Razr Maxx, running slimkat 4.4... MMS was working when i first flashed the rom, but then about a week later I kept getting "No APN specified".. I did this fix in the APN settings. It didn't seem to take effect until a reboot. Working well so far!

Thanks

JB Books

May 14, 2016
Verizon must have it blocked now, as its all grayed out and menu shows nothing for adding new APN
least in the new Droid Turbo 2 from Verizon, so this no longer is a valid help

ViperGeek

Sep 12, 2008
Merrimack, NH
I'm not sure if this will help anyone else out (or has already been posted), but here are the latest APN settings from a Galaxy S7 Edge:

Name: Verizon Internet
APN: VZWINTERNET
MCC: 311
MNC: 480
APN type: default,dun,supl
APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN roaming protocol: IPv4/IPv6
Mobile virtual network operator type: None

All other values “Not set”.

- Dave

Reactions: shallmann

AngelPrints

Mar 23, 2015
Los Angeles
I'm not sure if this will help anyone else out (or has already been posted), but here are the latest APN settings from a Galaxy S7 Edge:

- Dave

Those are the same settings I have on my Moto G5 Plus as well from this year.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can't believe this hasn't been stickied but this is how to apply the APN Settings to most ROM's that are Android 4.0+. Most ROM's have this information already baked in, some do not. I created this little tutorial not only for people that are new to this, but also for veterans who need a quick reference for the actual settings. Can we please get this Stickied?

APN Settings for MMS

1. Goto Settings
    2. Under Wireless & Networks select "More..."
    3. Select "Mobile networks"
    4. Select "Access Point Names"
    5. Press the Setting soft key
    6. Select "New APN"
    7. Select "Name" and enter "Verizon" and select "OK"
    8. Select "APN" and enter "internet" and select "OK"
    9. Select "MMSC" and enter "http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms" and select "OK"
    10 . Press the setting softkey
    11. Select "Save"
    12. In the APN screen select your new "Verizon" APN
    13. Finished
    +3 (keep the combo going!)
    It is for paranoid, i tried the way you suggested in that thread but even before i can get into apn settings i get kicked back to settings....
    This is how it goes
    1.hit menu
    2.hit settings
    3.click more
    4.click wireless networks
    5.click apn
    6.get kicked back to main menu

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda app-developers app

Goto post #526 in Paranoid/Pac thread and start there. I personally never had that problem with PA, or PAC.....but I have gone back to Psycho's Build 4 because I don't like the apps baked into PA and PAC....

any clue about this ?

- Dave