Official Jellybean Kies Update!!

Search This thread

greekunit690

Feb 2, 2011
Islandia, NY
I would like to know what type of battery life people are getting with the stock JB rom. I'm on the unofficial AOKP 4.2 and have had outstanding life @ 1d 20h 4m with a 45min bluetooth call without charging at 7% left! I don't do much in my phone so screen time is usually less than 25%. I can post a screen shot if there are any doubts, but the stock ICS rom gave me just as good performance. Still love my CM 10.1 and AOKP though. The dev's have done some outstanding work!

Battery results will probably not be accurate for the next couple of days after some full charge cycles. I would say by friday-saturday you should start seeing good results

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

lingowistico

Jan 4, 2013
Stockholm
goo.gl
Any notable change from the Rogers version? Any thoughts on the radio?

+1 Would like to know this! Ofc except for bloatware/spyware. Radio seems to be the same for me, which is good. GPS works perfectly which is a first for any non Rogers rom for me :eek:
Differences from Rogers JB:
Network mode from mobile networks settings is not there while it is on the Rogers rom. See for yourself in the screenies. Haven't noticed anything more so far.
Also Rogers only has three shortcuts to apps on lockscreen, AT&T has four.
There's probably more differences but i haven't found them so far.

Attachments

• attjb.jpg
    attjb.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 647
  • rogersjb.jpg
    rogersjb.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 649
Last edited:

livefree79

Jun 16, 2012
Samsung and at&t are lame. Now had it been 4.2.2 I would be excited. I have problems getting excited when two multi-billion companies can't push out updates in a timely fashion

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

mtdew

Dec 29, 2012
Samsung and at&t are lame. Now had it been 4.2.2 I would be excited. I have problems getting excited when two multi-billion companies can't push out updates in a timely fashion

I really doubt Sammy is the issue. First off all elements of touchwiz are designed for every DPI so if they have one phone with tw ux then they can compile for all. The biggest thing would be phone specific changes, inclusion or exclusion of features and a the kernel. None of this would take their teams terribly long but the update structure is really based on demand so its out of Samsung's hands. The fact that we went from 2.3.5 to 2.3.7 to 4.0.4 to 4.1.2 is pretty impressive given most phones rarely see an large update cycle like this. I'm calling this a business decision based on popularity of the galaxy line overall particularly how well the s2 sold overall.

lingowistico

Jan 4, 2013
Stockholm
goo.gl
...None of this would take their teams terribly long but the update structure is really based on demand so its out of Samsung's hands. The fact that we went from 2.3.5 to 2.3.7 to 4.0.4 to 4.1.2 is pretty impressive given most phones rarely see an large update cycle like this. I'm calling this a business decision based on popularity of the galaxy line overall particularly how well the s2 sold overall.

[rantmode]Sorry for out of context quote and i agree with most of what you said. But, the fact that we went from 2.3.5 to 4.1.2 is simply explained by the raw computing power of this pda/smartphone (whatever you want to call it) and it's hefty pricetag. No one would buy a phone for whatever the starting cash price was if it was not going to last.

Lame performance "fixes" like ramdisk for weak phones are a hassle and even once applied an ICS/JB rom will still not run as smooth as it's supposed, there will still be random fc's and lagginess. So you can't count those custom aosp roms in to the equation.
That would be like saying "someone hacked Windows RT to run on HTC HD2! So why doesn't HTC make it official?!!" because it's a proof of concept and the devs skill and nothing else at all and anything else is physically impossible.[/rantmode]

And finally, yes, we should be grateful for all the little things that come our way in this life of ours. :)

mtdew

Dec 29, 2012
[rantmode]Sorry for out of context quote and i agree with most of what you said. But, the fact that we went from 2.3.5 to 4.1.2 is simply explained by the raw computing power of this pda/smartphone (whatever you want to call it) and it's hefty pricetag. No one would buy a phone for whatever the starting cash price was if it was not going to last.

Lame performance "fixes" like ramdisk for weak phones are a hassle and even once applied an ICS/JB rom will still not run as smooth as it's supposed, there will still be random fc's and lagginess. So you can't count those custom aosp roms in to the equation.
That would be like saying "someone hacked Windows RT to run on HTC HD2! So why doesn't HTC make it official?!!" because it's a proof of concept and the devs skill and nothing else at all and anything else is physically impossible.[/rantmode]

And finally, yes, we should be grateful for all the little things that come our way in this life of ours. :)

I'm sorry exactly how many phones even decent ones see 3 full updates to different versions. Not many last I checked, people don't buy phones for updates they buy phones at that time based on need. Raw computing power has nothing to do with this. They update based on demand, Samsung builds the updates for their phones particularly flagships for international variants but in the us carriers control update streams carriers pay to test it and have it pushed and implemented. Where in that process is it only about whether or not a phone can handle it.

mrfeuss

Dec 22, 2012
Nowheresville, NJ

Another point is that the majority of the purchasers of this device are nearing their contract expiration. Samsung has a vested interest in not extending a device's useful too long. Releasing the 4.1.2 update will satisfy most people until they're able to upgrade, but this is probably where the support stops. They want people (and carriers) buying their latest and greatest.

Reactions: mtdew and Trinition

byob916

Jan 16, 2012
I for one would like to pass along my perfect condition skyrocket when I upgrade to the S4, But I just hope it'll be fine when I put the newest stock back on it. I'm sure as hell not giving it to my mom fully rooted with a custom rom lol. And my first skyrocket died in a couple months and this one has lasted over a year now. idk.. I'm just worried. About everything... Uhhh and what's with the S4 being the only new phone with ddr3 RAM?? Everyone else's sucks lol

Bleedos

Mar 7, 2013
Montreal
I hope that there will be custom ROMS for the skyrocket for at least another year and a half. I stopped looking for a new phone when I flashed a custom ROM :thumbup:

:: edit ::
And I don't think that Sammy will push the next major update to the skyrocket

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Last edited:

rcartwr

Mar 31, 2012
Chattanooga
I would like to know what type of battery life people are getting with the stock JB rom. I'm on the unofficial AOKP 4.2 and have had outstanding life @ 1d 20h 4m with a 45min bluetooth call without charging at 7% left! I don't do much in my phone so screen time is usually less than 25%. I can post a screen shot if there are any doubts, but the stock ICS rom gave me just as good performance. Still love my CM 10.1 and AOKP though. The dev's have done some outstanding work!

I have been running my Skyrocket stock and after the JB upgrade the battery life does seem to be taking a hit, even after 3 or 4 battery cycles. Say about 7-10%.

cejack

Sep 26, 2007
JB 4.1.2 via Kies = Crap

Been just sticking with Stock ROM as it does the trick for me. Have ICS 4.0.4.

Kies just dies and says "PC Failed to recognise the mobile phone"...

Kies is just plain useless for folks that would just like to upgrade their Android when an update comes out. Really disappointed as the update to ICS 4.0.4 worked just fine.

Tried it on three different machines - XP, Windows 7, Windows 8

Guess I'll have to try Odin / CWM / TWRP with the Stock 4.1.2 ROM from AT&T. Pain in the !@#.

rcartwr

Mar 31, 2012
Chattanooga
Been just sticking with Stock ROM as it does the trick for me. Have ICS 4.0.4.

Kies just dies and says "PC Failed to recognise the mobile phone"...

Kies is just plain useless for folks that would just like to upgrade their Android when an update comes out. Really disappointed as the update to ICS 4.0.4 worked just fine.

Tried it on three different machines - XP, Windows 7, Windows 8

Guess I'll have to try Odin / CWM / TWRP with the Stock 4.1.2 ROM from AT&T. Pain in the !@#.

I had that happen to me. I rebooted the phone and Kies and it worked after that. YMMV. I was using a Win 7 system.

cejack

Sep 26, 2007
I had that happen to me. I rebooted the phone and Kies and it worked after that. YMMV. I was using a Win 7 system.

I must have re-booted Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 over fifty times. The phone requires a battery removal re-boot so the phone was getting re-booted too.

Kies has proven completely useless if you want to do a stock update to the new stock ROM via Kies. I'm running with AT&T S2-Skyrocket.

Last edited:

trajik78

Mar 27, 2012
New York City
Flashed the latest 4.1.2 Samsung ROM. All I can say is...nah. Stupid haptic noise. Still no free hotspot or tethering...(AT&T i know). Touch-Wiz still feels like a large turd on top of stock Android.

Wait for Cyanogenmod 10.1 stable boys...make you feel better about not having a new phone so much.

Reactions: livefree79

Feb 15, 2016
hi
i am using at&t sgh i727 and i cant switch the network mode. it is either 2g or 4g i cant go 3g. i need your help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just thought everybody would like to know it is available on Kies UCMC1 :victory:
    Great now all the noobs will come out again :banghead:.

Great now all the noobs will come out again :banghead:.

Just ignore them if they bother you instead of whining about it before it even happens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
    Haha mtdew was right, jelly bean rolls out and the noobs come flocking in like a bunch of dumb birds...

Sent from my SGH-I927 using xda premium