.MKV file sending problem

Search This thread

metalXcore

Feb 4, 2014
Phoenix
Hey Guys,
I have a problem with my desktop that when I attempt to transfer any .mkv file to my 32gb wifi nexus 7(2013) via USB, file explorer crashes and resets. This happens on both large and small files and only with .mkv files. I am able to zip the file and then transfer to the tablet, but this requires a lot more time and additional steps that I would rather not have to do every time. Does anyone have any solution to make the direct transfer from Windows 8 to the Nexus 7 work?

Note: I have searched Google for any solutions, but it seems the general solution is removing DivX from the desktop- which I do not have installed.

Thanks in advance!:D

metalXcore

Feb 4, 2014
Phoenix
Found the solution to my problem and am posting just in case it can help anyone in a similar instance in the future. Though I did not have DivX installed, I did have shark007's codecs installed on my desktop and this was causing the problem. I found a solution from androidcentral (Sorry I cant submit a link to the forum, my account here is new):

"Howdy again, If you are using the Shark 007 Codec Pack in Win7 x64, open the Settings Application x64 file (Run as Administrator) and go to the MKV Tab, then Tick the Disable the DivX Media Foundation splitter. The DivX MF splitter will do the thumbnailing when enabled box and this will allow you to copy and paste or send to the Nexus. Tested and working well. Hope this also helps!"

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Pandae

Pandae

Dec 14, 2013
Great to know! I've had Explorer crashes before, but only with certain AVIs (usually but not always greater than 4 gigs), and I have neither the Shark 007 Codec Pack nor Win7 x64. The general problem is that Windows is trying to make a thumbnail or otherwise grab info from the file, to where I couldn't move or delete the file outside of Safe Mode.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Found the solution to my problem and am posting just in case it can help anyone in a similar instance in the future. Though I did not have DivX installed, I did have shark007's codecs installed on my desktop and this was causing the problem. I found a solution from androidcentral (Sorry I cant submit a link to the forum, my account here is new):

"Howdy again, If you are using the Shark 007 Codec Pack in Win7 x64, open the Settings Application x64 file (Run as Administrator) and go to the MKV Tab, then Tick the Disable the DivX Media Foundation splitter. The DivX MF splitter will do the thumbnailing when enabled box and this will allow you to copy and paste or send to the Nexus. Tested and working well. Hope this also helps!"

Hope this helps!