[APP][4.0+] OmniSnitch - Seamless app switching

Search This thread

figo_yjm

Aug 1, 2014
Buenos Aires
Can I replace the slim taskmanager with onmiswitch just like you can in onmi Rom? Long press home to bring up onmistwicher

Yes you can. I assume that if you want to replace the slim task manager, you must be using SlimRom. Then: Settings > Navigation > physical buttons > check the first box to enable custom actions > Home button long press.

Any other ROM, you're able to set this by using GravityBox (Xposed module) and edit HW buttons custom actions.

PunkUnity

Dec 1, 2012
Camarillo
Yes you can. I assume that if you want to replace the slim task manager, you must be using SlimRom. Then: Settings > Navigation > physical buttons > check the first box to enable custom actions > Home button long press.

Any other ROM, you're able to set this by using GravityBox (Xposed module) and edit HW buttons custom actions.

For me it just brings up the app settings. Like going into the app itself and not activating the actual recents switcher.

TomeG2kc

Hi,
It's possible to update Omni Snitch to handling icon pacs, like in latest OmniSwitch?

--==||==--
WySwiftkey'owane i wyTapatalk'owane z mojego Wspaniałego G Pro Drugiego.
--==--
Swiftkeyed and Taptalked from my Great G Pro The Second
==
TomeG2kc aka Tomasz G.

str8str

Apr 1, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Anyone looking for an app to enable navigation /resents buttons in lollipop try nomone resolution changer in play store. Happened on it by accident to change screen resolution and it has a floating virtual button settings which automatically hides and can open recents.

---------- Post added at 06:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 AM ----------

Anyone looking for an app to enable navigation /resents buttons try nomone resolution changer in play store. Happened on it by accident to change screen resolution and it has a floating virtual button settings which automatically hides and can open recents.

Last edited:

ratbags

Jan 19, 2015
Hi guy,

As I said in http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54078587&postcount=19 , I made a app to show omniswitch overlay that you can use a shorcut or something like that to show the overlay. Today I made the proper modifications to run with omnisnitch provided by @EatHeat.

Thanks for this port.

Don't know if I've got this wrong but this creates an app called toggle omnisnitch which when run makes the screen flash and nothing more. I thought I'd find a shortcut to initiate from a gesture but no. Am I missing the point? Thanks. Kit Kat.

ratbags

Jan 19, 2015
Also, I seem to be able to kill apps by swiping them up but I read this feature doesn't work?!

erwinsie

May 29, 2005
SyDnEy
will this work on N9005 lollipop 5.1.1?
Edit
Ok tried and work ie I can install and run it but no recent apps are showing. Other setting and button seems fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: MindArchr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    On the OmniROM website, I saw that the OmniSwitch feature would only work for Android 4.4.x.

Having a long history of backporting apps and other features, I decided to have a go at this too. So here it is, OmniSnitch, a completely backported version of OmniSwitch. This has been backported to ICS and with a few changes will work on HoneyComb too. But having 0.1% of the android market, I'm not going to be supporting it.

FEATURES
    (Same as OmniSwitch)
    • Enable/Disable
    • Start on boot
    • Animate overlay
    • Icon size
    • Opacity
    • Show/Hide memory usage
    • Show/Hide app name
    • Action buttons
    • Enable/Disable drag handle
    • Position of drag handle
    • Color of drag handle
    • Opacity of drag handle
    • Auto hide
    • Set favourites
    • Set favourites position

Downloads at end of third post.

SCREENIES

ICS
    2IKjNyN.png

DOWNLOADS

Downloads will have their version names at the end.

Betas will have BETA tag at the end of the name.

ICS, JB or KK will be at the end if its only meant for that version.

SOURCE

Source is available on my Github. Licensed under GPL. Contributions and pull requests are welcome

NOTE

You cannot just compile and upload this to the Play Store. If you do make major changes and upload, do follow the GPL terms. Also give proper credits if you use this anywhere else except for personal use.
    Known Bugs

Apps cannot be killed by swiping or by using the action buttons. This has to do with permissions. I have tried installing it as system app but still it seems to have issues. If anyone can make it work, do post here. However, this issue should not be there if it is compiled and installed along with a ROM. So its not really a bug but a limitation of android(for now).

CHANGELOG

• V1.0
      • Initial Release
    CREDITS

• maxwen for OmniSwitch
    • sarkar1990 for testing on JB
    • amit.mb for testing on KK
    • b16h22 for testing on KK
    • Emulator for testing on ICS :cyclops:
    Reserved. Just in case.