Diefferences in google apps packages

Search This thread

CJCord

May 28, 2012
Moin

CM 11 M3 was just released and i want to (again) use CM. On my older phone (Ace aka. cooper aka. S5830) there wasnt much choice, but now i dont know which package to choose from. standard google packages, PA Gapps and their derivatives...

What are differences, their pros and cons? Or are they the same? And finally: which package to use for what purpose. (in my case in combination with CM11.)

maybe we can make this thread a sticky. their might be other ppl having he same problem.

Thanks in advance=)

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
Moin

CM 11 M3 was just released and i want to (again) use CM. On my older phone (Ace aka. cooper aka. S5830) there wasnt much choice, but now i dont know which package to choose from. standard google packages, PA Gapps and their derivatives...

What are differences, their pros and cons? Or are they the same? And finally: which package to use for what purpose. (in my case in combination with CM11.)

maybe we can make this thread a sticky. their might be other ppl having he same problem.

Thanks in advance=)
To understand the differences between all these packages you need to read. I know that PA Team and Banks (at least) explain well what are their packages.
To sum up the differences are the size of included "bloatwares" and the last updates. Moreover some of them are inverted or multi-DPI.
With CM11 you simply need GApps called "4.4.2" or directly "CM11"