[ROM-FroYo] Official Froyo HTC Sense ROM (16/07 v1.0c | OpenDesire Team)

Search This thread

triciens

Aug 1, 2010
Help! I have updated to the ROM, and my battery won't charge to 100%. It charges to 99% and the orange light stays on. No green light :( :confused:

lalachill

Aug 8, 2010
Hello, I have been using this rom with now problem except for the wireless hot spot.

It can only accomodate 2 users which i thought it supposed to be i think more than that?

samleung

Jul 2, 2007
After a week of using this ROM with no issues, it's becoming slower, with my recent pictures taken from the stock camera app and another camera app not showing up in the albums. I don't know whats going on

cosmocrapper

Dec 10, 2008
I'm on it now.. It's very fast. But I would really like to have a very clean ROM, with default apps and themes.

Agree with you there, nextsense rom is great but, man alive, it drains my battery quicker than Cameron Diaz drains ma baws! I'd love for AdamG to continue support for this ROM - although tbh, other than adding mods and using the OTA as a base I don't really see how it could be improved - everything is there and works well.. regardless of radio too. That said, I'd happily donate to see this ROM supported and further developed. :)

Singh400

Jul 19, 2010
Earth
Anyone know if this ROM will be updated? I prefer to have something like this, while keeping it "clean" as possible.

samleung

Jul 2, 2007
Since there's been no word on OpenDesire and this thread has gone relatively quiet with my queries getting fewer replies than before, I decided to move to LeeDroid, which offers a similar experience to OpenDesire- fast, clean and close to boot.

updiliman

Jul 10, 2010
Manila
it was really sad letting go of this ROM, now that AdamG has a galaxy S, i guess he has already abandoned this project.

any statement from adamG, please? I'd like to hear anything from you so that I'll stop checking this thread a few times a day if this will be the last of your official ROM.

Thanks.

Singh400

Jul 19, 2010
Earth
Since there's been no word on OpenDesire and this thread has gone relatively quiet with my queries getting fewer replies than before, I decided to move to LeeDroid, which offers a similar experience to OpenDesire- fast, clean and close to boot.
Yeah probably going to do the same thing. Hearing a lot of positive stuff about the LeeDroid ROM.

TieT

Dec 10, 2008
i switched to leedroid today after using this rom for the whole time, positive first impressions !

gfadmin

Jul 19, 2010
This sucks i was really hoping to use this rom.

I want Android 2.2 with HTC Sense, as close to clean as possible. Opendesire has been updated a lot within the past few weeks. I like it but i want HTC Sense as well

Last edited:

Cthugha

Mar 16, 2009
Still checking this thread and the forum every day, hoping for AdamG to release an updated ROM... :/

But I guess I'll soon have to abandon all hope and go for one of the other ROMS... Most of them don't appeal to me though, with lots of changes, etc. Maybe I'll even go for the official OTA from HTC.

A statement from Adam would be appreciated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do we need to apply Klutsh's native app2sd fix for 2.06 rom onto this OpenDesire Sense rom since it was based on that?
    About
    As most of you know I created and maintain OpenDesire, that is my main ROM and timemuncher, I try to keep ROMs as close to the original source as possible whilst adding features and mods without making compromises, I don't add UI modifications/themes/bloatware.

Requirements
    You MUST have your Desire rooted in order to use this ROM, I like to try and help all users but I will not be expanding further on this. (use search if you really need help)

Features
    • latest android build - 2.2 r1.1 (frf91)
    • frf91 google apps
    • htc sense
    • 2.6.32.15 kernel (no ocuv)
    • rooted with latest superuser (v2.2.2)
    • google app2sd
    • legacy a2sd
    • dalvik-cache2sd
    • massive apn list
    • latest busybox (v1.16.2)
    • deodexed
    • zipaligned
    • 720p/h264 camcorder

Changelog
    1.0c
    • added various locales/languages
    • added dns resolv.conf
    • changed default language
    • fixed apn list
    1.0b
    • added market fixes
    • removed boot sound
    • removed InvestPro, MusicHolic, CSL*, SIE*, InfoEasy*
    • updated Google Maps
    1.0a
    • added a2sd & cache2sd
    • added adblocking hosts file
    • added busybox (v1.16.2)
    • added cyanogen apn list
    • added terminfo to boot.img and /system/etc
    • zipaligned
    • initial release
    • added superuser (v2.2.2)

Installation
    • Ensure you have a custom recovery image installed
    • Download the zip file from the link below and copy it to your SD card
    • Restart your device in recovery mode
    • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
    • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card

Download
    YOU MUST USE THE 5.X RADIO
    RADIO: 32.42.00.32U_5.09.00.08
    ROM: Version 1.0c

Upgrading
    No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.

Credits
    911sniper - for the source
    100% for real
    hmmm, somethings not right anyone else with an orange handset used this ok?

Ive now killed 2 microsd cards so cant reflash it :(

im using the 32.41.00.32U_5.08.00.04 radio is that ok?
    I found a miss translation on wiped installation on version c.
    In settings the Italian translations for sound and display are missing.
    If you can Adam you can translate sound as "suono e audio" and display as "impostazioni display".

Tell me if you can

Regards

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk