TMC works with igo8 and hypergps

Search This thread

skaterazn

Apr 29, 2009
hello i've tried this like 50 times, but it doesn't work for me.

Can someone make a step by step instruction for iGO8?
or just post the sys.txt and the system.ini and the hypergps-settings.

thx in advance.

hello i've tried this like 50 times, but it doesn't work for me.

Can someone make a step by step instruction for iGO8?
or just post the sys.txt and the system.ini and the hypergps-settings.

thx in advance.

It isn't that hard anymore. I only have to perform these steps after a rom flash:
1. Install hypergps beta 8
2. Start hypergps
3. Push 'TMC' button
4. Plugin headphones to function as antenna
5. Start iGo (you can close hypergps, but it's not necessary)
6. TMC unit is probably recognised by iGo. If not, go to Menu - Settings (page 2) - TMC and search for TMC receiver. If it's not found fast, try to set it to search for Royaltek protocol on COM9 (standard values in HyperGPS)
7. Go to navigation mode and wait for TMC messages to come in.

You can check TMC messages (messages display an envelope or warning triangle icon below 'next move' area) by pushing in the right top of the screen (battery / gps meter) and after that the TMC icon (3rd icon in the low part of the screen)

There's no need (anymore) to change any stuff in system.ini or sys.txt. If you have done so in your attempts, put a ; in front of a line to let iGo ignore it for now or just delete it.

rebreanradu

Jan 11, 2011
and does anyone have a kit, a link from where i can download it?
and also is it posible to download torents on phone? if so, with what program, does anyoane have a kit instaler?

Last edited:

casanova13

Feb 22, 2014
install hypergps

It isn't that hard anymore. I only have to perform these steps after a rom flash:
1. Install hypergps beta 8
2. Start hypergps
3. Push 'TMC' button
4. Plugin headphones to function as antenna
5. Start iGo (you can close hypergps, but it's not necessary)
6. TMC unit is probably recognised by iGo. If not, go to Menu - Settings (page 2) - TMC and search for TMC receiver. If it's not found fast, try to set it to search for Royaltek protocol on COM9 (standard values in HyperGPS)
7. Go to navigation mode and wait for TMC messages to come in.

You can check TMC messages (messages display an envelope or warning triangle icon below 'next move' area) by pushing in the right top of the screen (battery / gps meter) and after that the TMC icon (3rd icon in the low part of the screen)

There's no need (anymore) to change any stuff in system.ini or sys.txt. If you have done so in your attempts, put a ; in front of a line to let iGo ignore it for now or just delete it.

How do you install hypergps?
When you unzip the file you finde a few files inside and after?
Can you give step by step how to do?

Thank you.