[ROM][05.10.12] CleanROM 4.5 Standard / Pro -★| ICS 4.0.3 | Tweaks | Skins! |★-

Search This thread

punman

Jan 13, 2011
Milwaukee, WI
blog.punman.net
WiFi is just stupid. You have to go to WiFi settings then advanced settings and they add a trick check box that you need to turn ON that says something like "Leave WiFi OFF" or something stupid like that. Stupidest thing I have ever seen in my life.

I noticed something odd, I didn't set up wifi until I had the ROM running for a while and my accounts all set up, 4G is actually faster. But, in the interest of saving battery, I like to enable it at home. So the first time I set up my home wifi connection, the 4G icon remained on with the wifi on also (I had wisely already gone and found all the "trick" check boxes.) After a reboot, it behaved normally -- when in range of wifi, 4G would go away, wifi on, when out of range, 4G would come on, wifi off.

Just FYI. Was a minor annoyance.

Otherwise everything is working fine. Thanks! :)

chefthomas99

May 14, 2010
Texas
I noticed something odd, I didn't set up wifi until I had the ROM running for a while and my accounts all set up, 4G is actually faster. But, in the interest of saving battery, I like to enable it at home. So the first time I set up my home wifi connection, the 4G icon remained on with the wifi on also (I had wisely already gone and found all the "trick" check boxes.) After a reboot, it behaved normally -- when in range of wifi, 4G would go away, wifi on, when out of range, 4G would come on, wifi off.

Just FYI. Was a minor annoyance.

Otherwise everything is working fine. Thanks! :)

Do you have never auto turn on WiFi checked?

Sent from my ICS Clean Rom on the Rezound!

Serinety

Account currently disabled
Aug 29, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
Like type "fastboot flash unlocktoken" then drag and drop the actual file into the command window? Hmm...

This happened to me too. just keep trying the command . when it fails, press up arrow on keyboard to paste the command again, then enter. I did this 5 or 6 times in a row and then it took. watch your phone screen for the unlock prompt. it will work.

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

Wipe batt stats after full charge

You know this does nothing right? google came out with an article stating that battery stats.bin is in no way related to the battery percentage or battery life. also, batterystats.bin is wiped everytime you unplug your phone from the charger.

op should power phone off and charge till green light. I have 3.8 battery and it gets to 100. just fine

chefthomas99

May 14, 2010
Texas
This happened to me too. just keep trying the command . when it fails, press up arrow on keyboard to paste the command again, then enter. I did this 5 or 6 times in a row and then it took. watch your phone screen for the unlock prompt. it will work.

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

You know this does nothing right? google came out with an article stating that battery stats.bin is in no way related to the battery percentage or battery life. also, batterystats.bin is wiped everytime you unplug your phone from the charger.

op should power phone off and charge till green light. I have 3.8 battery and it gets to 100. just fine

Thank you for clarifying that. I'm just old school. Now I know. :D

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Whats the issue you are having? Sorry I missed it.

Sorry about the late response, I went to bed after being too frustrated with this. I followed your HOW TO to prepare for the new CleanRom; downloaded the RUU from Android Police (used the 3rd link), renamed to PH98IMG and put it on the root of the SD card, relocked in fastboot, ran the RUU twice (it did something weird the first time, didn't come up with the list of partitions or whatever it checks but ran and the screen was off for a while). Anyway, right now I've still got a locked bootloader and am on the RUU (without root) and obviously stock recovery. I have tried several times to unlock bootloader using the same token I used to originally unlock the phone, but every time it just hangs; when I send:

fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

I get:

sending 'unlocktoken' (0 kb)...

And it sits there forever until I either cancel (Ctrl-C) or close the command prompt. Phone will be unresponsive in bootloader for a short time then finally can be rebooted, etc with the physical buttons.

I suppose it could be worse, I could be stuck with no OS period, but at least my phone is useable...I just don't have root, nor any way of having root, nor a custom recovery...no more wireless tether etc for me...

rileyd5

May 6, 2008
Pittsburgh
ics is definitely growing on me. Love how you can add custom icons to the rosie with Desktop Visualizer. :)

thanks again Scott.

Attachments

• 2012-03-18_10-45-11.jpg
    2012-03-18_10-45-11.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 160
  • 2012-03-18_11-11-55.jpg
    2012-03-18_11-11-55.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

luke1333

Aug 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
any other kernels available for this rom yet? will like ziggys kernel work?? and can anybody make a volume wake mod too? thanks scott great rom so far!!! :)

racinwarrior

Aug 12, 2010
Sorry about the late response, I went to bed after being too frustrated with this. I followed your HOW TO to prepare for the new CleanRom; downloaded the RUU from Android Police (used the 3rd link), renamed to PH98IMG and put it on the root of the SD card, relocked in fastboot, ran the RUU twice (it did something weird the first time, didn't come up with the list of partitions or whatever it checks but ran and the screen was off for a while). Anyway, right now I've still got a locked bootloader and am on the RUU (without root) and obviously stock recovery. I have tried several times to unlock bootloader using the same token I used to originally unlock the phone, but every time it just hangs; when I send:

fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

I get:

sending 'unlocktoken' (0 kb)...

And it sits there forever until I either cancel (Ctrl-C) or close the command prompt. Phone will be unresponsive in bootloader for a short time then finally can be rebooted, etc with the physical buttons.

I suppose it could be worse, I could be stuck with no OS period, but at least my phone is useable...I just don't have root, nor any way of having root, nor a custom recovery...no more wireless tether etc for me...

go through the process at htcdev.com again to get you unlock code again. make sure you boot into fastboot. it should say fastboot usb in white text with a red background. then you can unlock, push amon ra recovery and flash the rom. the rom is rooted so no need to worry about regaining root

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

any other kernels available for this rom yet? will like ziggys kernel work?? and can anybody make a volume wake mod too? thanks scott great rom so far!!! :)

the only other is the over clock kernel from Sebastian. keep in mind that Joel was right and that it is an older kernel, but i have been using it all day at 1.8 ghz with no issue

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][05.10.12] CleanROM 4.5 Standard / Pro -★| ICS 4.0.3 | Tweaks | Skins! |★-

CR4.5-Rez-1.png

CR4.5-Rez-2.png

about.png

CleanROM Developer Edition was designed to be a cleaned up Verizon Stock ROM Leak of Ice Cream Sandwich with a lot of Sense Removed! All HTC and Google Apps are up to date as of 5/9/2012. ROM is de-odexed and based on Leaked RUU 3.11.605.22. ROM Supports both Gingerbread and ICS Firmware and S-ON or S-OFF!
    Please read the installation instructions!!! They have changed!

features.png

Removed VZW Bloat!
    Custom Tweaks App by Jan!
    Custom Team Blackout Sense 4.0 Clock Widget Skin
    Performance and Battery Enhancements!
    ES File Explorer
    WiFi Tether
    Battery Icon with Percent (Stock Battery on SD Card)
    Super Extended Quick Settings
    No Location Icon
    Can be flashed with either firmware and S-ON or S-OFF

Pro.png

The Professional Edition of CleanROM

This ROM is identical to CleanROM Standard with the exception it is even cleaner;

The following are removed in this build:
    • All Social Networking apps and libraries
    • HTC Reader
    • Verizon Instant Messenger
    • Verizon Back up Service
    • Verizon Media Manager
    • Plus One
    • Picasa

NOTE: The Pro Edition Does not and will not support any of the removed apps. Please dont waste your time asking.

tweaks.png

Statusbar Tweaks
    Hide and Reorder Quicksetting
    Quick quicksettings toggle: If no notification to clear will show Quicksettings
    Hide WiFi Config
    Hide Specific Notifications Icons: Alarm / GPS / Bluetooth / WiFi / Data / Headset / Volume
    Battery Tweaks with MIUI Battery bar
    Clock Options
    Recent Apps Toggle
    Enable Transparency

Sense Tweaks
    Smooth Rosie Tweaks
    Toggle Unlock animation
    Toggle 5 Column App Drawer
    Toggle Paginated App Drawer
    Enable Transparency

Lockscreen Tweaks
    AOSP Lock Screen toggle
    Custom Carrier Caption
    Toggle Menu Key to Unlock
    Volume Keys to wake

Misc Tweaks
    Phone Info menu
    Capacitive Back light Settings
    Selectable Overscroll Colors
    Options for Advanced Power Menu

Advanced Tweaks
    Fix permissions
    Zipalaign apks
    Mount system rw/ro
    Wipe Battery stats
    Wipe cache/dalvik

changes.png

Changes in Version 4.5 - 5/10/2012
    • Added: Blackout ICS Skin
    • Fixed: Blackout Original Skin
    • Updated: Install method for S-ON / S-OFF! Read the install instructions! Major Changes to support all install methods!
    • Updated: Kernel and build.prop from 3.14 Leak
    • Updated: Facebook, Flash, Maps, Streets
    • Removed: SD Card Contents. Now seperate downloads. Read the install instructions!

tether.png

• Start Application
    • Go to Settings
    • Select Device Type -> Galaxy Nexus LTE
    • Select Change Setup-Method -> netd (master)
    • Select Enable WiFi-Encryption -> Your Choice
    • Select Routing Fix
    • Start Tether and allow Root

installation.png

There are 4 ways to install CleanROM 4.5

NOTE: If you are not S-OFF or on ICS Firmware you will need to download the Extra's and place them on the root of your SD Card BEFORE you flash the ROM! They are no longer included in the ROM file itself!

Method 1: Installation for S-OFF Devices on ICS firmware
    • S-OFF Recomended!
    • Copy ROM to SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • wipe data / Factory Reset
    • Flash ROM
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

Method 2: Installation for S-ON Devices on ICS firmware
    • Copy ROM to SD Card AND PH98IMG.zip to ROOT of SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash ROM
    • Use Developer Menu to reboot to bootloader and flash the boot.img file in the PH98IMG.zip
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

Method 3: Installation for S-OFF Devices on Gingerbread firmware
    • Copy ROM to SD Card AND GB Firmware Patch to ROOT of SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GB Firmware Patch
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

Method 4: Installation for S-ON Devices on Gingerbread firmware
    • Copy ROM to SD Card AND PH98IMG.zip AND GB Firmware Patch to ROOT of SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GB Fimrware Patch
    • Use Developer Menu to reboot to bootloader and flash the boot.img file in the PH98IMG.zip
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

extra.png

Download PH98IMG.zip HERE! This is only for S-ON Devices

Download Gingerbread Firmware patch HERE! - You only need to do this if you are on Gingerbread Fimrware!

Flash All Zips except PH98IMG in recovery but you all knew that!

thanks.png

teamblackout.png

And the following XDA Developers and Members: dsixda - drellisdee - racinwarrior - lrod0175 - VinceOB - j4n87 - eboelzner

Alternate Kernels

I have created a flashable 3.13.607.5 Kernel and a flashable 3.14.605.5 Kernel for the ROM.

Some people feel that the 3.13.607.5 kernel gave better battery and cooling than the latest kernel.

Feel free to download and test for yourself!

These are in old school method as to make one simple step for everyone. This also resets mainver to 1.00.000.0 :D

Instructions
    1. Download to root of SD Card
    2. Reboot to Recovery
    3. Flash Zip
    4. Phone will reboot to hboot
    5. Press power one time so it will scan the SD Card
    6. Install boot.img when prompted
    7. Reboot when prompted

Download the 3.13.605.7 kernel HERE

Download the 3.14.605.5 kernel HERE
    Reserved for future use....
    Reserved for future use....
    Np. Not trying to bite your head off or anything, but wipe is always almost recommended.

You get to go off on someone and get a thanks for that.

I post a killer ROM and then a mirror by request and I get **** :(

700+ downloads in 7 hours and I have 12 thanks. Im not complaining... But really?