Post Reply Email Thread
17th February 2012, 04:34 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 614

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairshot215

If using CM7 with TWRP installed, can this be used to just simply swich from TWRP to CWM. I'm sure there are many looking for this?

yes sir! that was one of my motives! you can do all of this on your kindle fire, from any os.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smirkis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift smirkis Ad-Free

25th February 2012, 02:00 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
is it possible to add a script for installing a kernel?.
25th February 2012, 03:34 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
After installing cwm can't boot into twrp where my previous backups are done. Can you have both methods or have to reinstall twrp with gscript?
25th February 2012, 04:35 PM |#14  
Flag Peachtree City
Thanks Meter: 69

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredspierson

After installing cwm can't boot into twrp where my previous backups are done. Can you have both methods or have to reinstall twrp with gscript?

You have to reinstall.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using XDA App
25th February 2012, 05:58 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member
San Diego, CA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieandromeda

is it possible to add a script for installing a kernel?.

you can, but some kernels use different wifi drivers too, so its easier right now to flash kernels thru recovery. which kernel are you referring to?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium
25th February 2012, 06:07 PM |#16  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirkis

you can, but some kernels use different wifi drivers too, so its easier right now to flash kernels thru recovery. which kernel are you referring to?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium

i'm referring to stock kernel and intersectRaven... i'm not good in adb, thats why i always prefer script just like your gscript or flashing through recovery... can u point me to the right direction how to flash kernel using recovery... i guess i need to compile in zip file with script/signed/etc...
25th February 2012, 09:09 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
For quite a while IntersectRaven's kernels have been properly zipped for easy installation via TWRP or CWM. Just copy the .zip to your Kindle,and install via your recovery. His zip will automatically update the wifi driver, as well.

However, as a word of warning... PLEASE do a recovery-based backup of your system prior to installing any new kernel. If you don't like the new kernel's performance, you can reinstall the original kernel by restoring the /boot partition from the backup you made before installing the new kernel. Also since IntersectRaven's .zip will replace your original wifi driver, make a BACKUP of your original wifi driver in case you ever want to go back to your original kernel. To do this, use something like root explorer to copy /etc/wifi/tiwlan_drv.ko to /etc/wifi/tiwlan_drv.ko.orig. Then you can copy it back if you reinstall the original kernel.

By the way, IntersectRaven's kernel will only overclock newer CPUs that are internallly flagged as factory authorized to run at 1.2 Ghz. You will still see a performance improvement with his kernel compared to stock even at 1 Ghz. Neall
26th February 2012, 07:45 AM |#18  

More
^thanks for the clarification. btw can we use this apps to install supercharger?. there are .sh files included in supercharger pack. is there any precaution that i need to worry?
2nd March 2012, 08:02 PM |#19  
Flag san antonio, tx
Thanks Meter: 204

More
this is awesome! thank you so much
3rd March 2012, 12:43 AM |#20  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 287

Donate to Me
More
Sorry, little late on the follow up question but just to be sure, if I have TWRP installed and looking to make the change to CWM I basically then would just install the APK, run the App and then just select the option to install CWM and call it a day????????
3rd March 2012, 02:12 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
San Diego, CA

More
if you want to wait, sblood has included the source in the new tree, so I'm gonna compile cwm and include it in the zip so you wont have to download doomlords version. should make this process even easier. everything in 1 download!

but to answer your question, you need to download my zip, extract the gscript folder to your sdcard and install the apk, load the scripts, download doomlords recovery and put it in the gscript folder, than run it.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smirkis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift smirkis Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)