[Q] Cannot get past droid with red triangle

Search This thread

sipherz

Feb 14, 2014
Hi

My Nexus 7 recently ran out of battery and as per usual, died.

When i plugged it into the charger, I thought it would charge and be ready to use again.

After several hours, nothing happened. No display saying it was charging, nada.

I then went to power it up into recovery mode, by holding down power button and volume down.

This then seemed to 'reboot' the system and I now see a droid with a red triangle and the words 'No command'

Having a look around online, people have suggested holding down power button and volume up.

Whenever I do this, the screen goes blank, the Google logo appears then the same droid with a red triangle appears.

I cannot seem to get past this step.

Has anyone come across this before and if so, how I do I get past this and actually use my Nexus?

Thanks

charesa39

Aug 19, 2013
Orange County, CA
Hi

My Nexus 7 recently ran out of battery and as per usual, died.

When i plugged it into the charger, I thought it would charge and be ready to use again.

After several hours, nothing happened. No display saying it was charging, nada.

I then went to power it up into recovery mode, by holding down power button and volume down.

This then seemed to 'reboot' the system and I now see a droid with a red triangle and the words 'No command'

Having a look around online, people have suggested holding down power button and volume up.

Whenever I do this, the screen goes blank, the Google logo appears then the same droid with a red triangle appears.

I cannot seem to get past this step.

Has anyone come across this before and if so, how I do I get past this and actually use my Nexus?

Thanks

It's a little tricky actually. You shouldn't have to hold the power + vol up buttons for very long. The most important thing is that you have to make sure you push them at the EXACT same time. I kind of figured this one out on my own when I was having issues flashing a custom recovery.

sipherz

Feb 14, 2014
It's a little tricky actually. You shouldn't have to hold the power + vol up buttons for very long. The most important thing is that you have to make sure you push them at the EXACT same time. I kind of figured this one out on my own when I was having issues flashing a custom recovery.

When I press them at the same time, the only thing that happens is the screen goes slightly darker (i.e the icon becomes less visible)

I've pressed the buttons together so many times and nothing happens.

I tried to get back into recovery mode using a bootloader from androidrootz.com. I managed to get back to the step where i can select 'Start, Recovery Mode, Power Off' etc I ran 'Recovery Mode', which then rebooted and I go the same icon. I can't seem to run the program again though, so I'm still stuck with the lying down droid

charesa39

Aug 19, 2013
Orange County, CA
When I press them at the same time, the only thing that happens is the screen goes slightly darker (i.e the icon becomes less visible)

I've pressed the buttons together so many times and nothing happens.

I tried to get back into recovery mode using a bootloader from androidrootz.com. I managed to get back to the step where i can select 'Start, Recovery Mode, Power Off' etc I ran 'Recovery Mode', which then rebooted and I go the same icon. I can't seem to run the program again though, so I'm still stuck with the lying down droid

Were you completely stock when this all happened? What bootloader from androidrootz.com? If you can flash a bootloader, why not flash the factory image?

ritchea

Sorry, charesa39. Just as you'd posted (I'd posted same ). I'll just add it can be tricky. Maybe try power first then continue holding while hitting vol +. You do this when you're at the fallen Andy screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Blizzard300

Feb 12, 2012
I also had some problems to access recovery. Finally it worked after many tries. So far i remember you have to press the buttons not too short and not too long ;D... perhaps 3-4 seconds. Then Release one of the buttons and the second one half a second later. I don't remember which button i released first, but there are only to possibilities. Hope this helps... in my case the recovery appeared.

Last edited: