[APP][2.2+] [v.1.5+] Wakelock Detector- What keeps your phone awake when it sleeps?

Search This thread

jekkii

May 22, 2014
WLD 2.04 lite

Hi everybody!
I try to use WLD lite/noroot (on Galaxy A71)
After the workaround it shows stats, but the app gives me an error "Failed to perform this task at the moment, try again later" when I leave my phone off overnight. Any idea?
thx in advance for your answers!

Edit: i often controlled this app today from the start in the morning. After 10 hours and battery under 50% came the message "Failed to perform this task at the moment, try again later".

Last edited:

zamar27

Oct 20, 2016
I install WD on a Magisk rooted Android 10 phone and added BatteryStats permission. It shows all stats except Kernel wakelocks, despite that option is enabled in WD settings. Is there anything I can mount manually or else do to fix that?

Last edited:

Samare

Nov 6, 2014
I install WD on a Magisk rooted Android 10 phone and added BatteryStats permission. It shows all stats except Kernel wakelocks, despite that option is enabled in WD settings. Is there anything I can mount manually or else do to fix that?
You could try
Code:
 adb shell settings put global hidden_api_policy 1

alex68md

Mar 7, 2012
chisinau
www.68.md
Hi could you help me to figure out why
KERNEL wakelock is failed to open for me ?

First time I was able to open kernel mode , after that I have made some settings adjustment BUT not with this app. I changed background mode for samsung push nitifications, removed permissions for body sensor and microphone for google play service, but not have changed anything for wakelock detector.

do you kow what should be enabled/permissions for KERNEL mode view ?

PS: WLD v2.1.0

Last edited:

Tomek0000

Jun 14, 2015
The last is able to instal from play. This is very old app and is not able to work correct with new androids. Time to forget about it.

brapsniffr91

Apr 24, 2022
Thanks. Finding and removing xxxx apps one at a time with tools like this.
Mod Edit: Some content removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wakelock Detector 1.5.*

Ever wondered why your smartphone screen doesn’t turn off automatically when it should have, the screen wakes up all of a sudden or you find your phone battery drained even when you exited apps and turned off the screen? This might be due to wakelock holding apps.”Wakelock Detector” helps you to detect battery consuming applications in your Android device by checking wakelock usage history. Now you can find out which applications drain your battery in a simple way by using this app!

"Wakelock detector" is our goal to simplify detecting wakelock issues for an ordinary user.
    As you know, wakelocks have enormous impact on battery life.

Available in GoogelPlay: Download from GooglePlay

Please feel free to comment and give us your feedback :)
    Thank you!

Presentation about "Wakelock Detector" (recommended) Wakelock PRESENTATION

User Guide (Manual) for Wakelock Detector : http://www.slideshare.net/ahikmat1/manual-for-wakelock-detector

Changelog:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eatTvA_mSaN2Nljq7i_Qy-5gfDtkOi5QiYY5QHUga84/edit?usp=sharing

[PC version]
    For KitKat non rooted users PC version has been developed.
    PC version retrieves stats via adb.

[Reviews]
    XDA Review
    XDA Video Review
    LifeHacker
    HowToGeek
    DotTech
    Temefy
    Facebook page
    testing for kitkat

Wakelock detector 1.5.7, supports KitKat (rooted, also for non-rooted phones with few steps)

New permission added:

[INTERNET] - WLD does not consume any traffic, this permission is needed for adb self connection purpose
    ([BOOT] - this permission will be added for calculating screen on time for non-rooted kitkat phones)

Starting from kitkat we retrieve wakelock stats from "dumpsys", that is why your phone either needs to be ROOTED or you need to have adb access to your phone itself.

KitKat owners with ROOTED phones

Run WLD, allow ROOT at first run. It is preferred to check "remember it" option

KitKat owners with NON-ROOTED phones

This option takes few steps to accomplish, but this is the only way to see wakelock stats for non-rooted kitkat phones.

In android phones, by default adbd listens to USB port, we need to change it to listen tcpip for establishing adb connection.
    for that we need to run "adb tcpip 5555" from PC. For Windows OS, usb drivers need to be installed. http://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html

Install one of these light adb on your PC:
    Windows: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42407269
    Mac/Linux: https://code.google.com/p/adb-fastboot-install/

Enable "developer option" on your phone (it is in settings window , if you don't see it click "Build version" 7 times on "About" section)
    Run "adb tcpip 5555" from command line.
    Then install "Terminal emulator" on your phone and run "adb kill-server" , "adb devices" and confirm self-connection.

You can follow these slides for details: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1r3VlhZIZVSufZlAeICJet6QBtyAF7z06_ysl1kUKME4/edit?usp=sharing

We are working to make single-click PC app.

If you could have better idea to optimize these steps, share it with us! Thank you!

[updated apk]
    Big thanks to Sordna for helping to improve WLD and RootTools performance!
    After the recent Google's update for KitKat 4.4, I am discouraged and disappointed with Google's actions against developers.

I think "wakelock" info must be available for all Android users, because it is their property. They should be able to know what is happening to their phone while they are not using it.

Until KitKat the apps like BBS, Gsam and WLD gave users all these detail statistics from Google's hidden battery statistics repositories.
    But starting from KitKat, they completely restricted it. Only the ROOTed users might be able to see the wakelock statistics for now. They might even disable it also in the future.

I wrote email to the person who did this. But no effect.

I have some idea about organizing a public Online(or maybe offline) demonstration against the Google's restricting developers and users from their freedom of knowing the detail battery statistics.

Maybe it sounds dumb, but we could join all together and do something against Google's change.
    There are millions of users who resolved wakelock issues and doubled their battery life, who saved their phone from resetting or doing all costly things.

We can use famous social networks like a facebook page, or Google Plus page then
    post our demands until we reach Google.

What do you think ? How much are you eager to support this idea.
    I am back and working on this lollipop issue

Thank you everyone for supporting WLD,
    Sorry for being off for sometime.
    it is great to know that many of you using it in Lollipop with your own fix.(SeLinux)

I am getting lollipop now,
    hopefully i will fix this very soon.
    I got a reply from "Dianne Hackborn" who commited the change

Hi Uzum,

This was never available to third party applications anyway -- the only APIs to access the information protected by it are all hidden, and change across platform versions. Any applications using these private APIs are going to break sooner or later, and we would rather it was sooner.

So I send her reply again, if it does not work, then we will try to catch public attention :)

Dear Dianne Hackborn,

Thanks for your reply.

We thought over about your reply,
    However,
    Could you consider discussing about reverting BATTERY_STATS permission's protection level from "android:protectionLevel="signature|system" to "android:protectionLevel="dangerous"

We could not find any solution for this issue, Our app can not access wakelock statistics without ROOT, and we don't want to force our users to ROOT their devices.

As users are aware that third-party app is going to access battery statistics,in our opinion this permission can not hurt the user . It just only gives access to power consumption information. We do not see any danger in this.

We are aware that this battery statistics API was hidden, we used reflection to access this info as that was the only choice.

Standard android battery app is good enough, however many users with "no-sleep" issues could not solve their battery draining issues with standard app. Because android's standard battery app does not give detail information.

Fortunately, they found "BBS" or "Wakelock detector" or "GSam battery monitor" and easily found out which rogue apps kept their phone awake from deep-sleep that were causing drastic battery drain.

They need this "wake lock" statistics. That is why there was a big demand for such apps.

In other words, Google is taking away the right from users to see their detail battery statistics.

For understanding how much serious problem is "no-sleep" issue, please take a look below links:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=android+no+sleep+issue&oq=android+no+sleep+issue
    http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/wakelocks-detect-no-sleep-issues-in-android-applications

According to research paper, almost 50% of apps had this "no-sleep" bugs in 2012.
    Hopefully, that number dropped by 2013, but still there are apps which mis-use "wake lock" feature and cause drastic battery drain.

Please check out the user feedbacks in "Wakelock detector" for more details.

Since 2013.03.01 We were happy to serve Android users by helping them to resolve their wakelock issues.
    They doubled their battery life without going to A/S or Resetting their phones.
    Right now, We need your help to help our users which are your users in turn.

Please Help!

Regards UzumApps