Rooted Droid 2 GB

Search This thread

BDC1980

Nov 6, 2010
I havent seen this anywhere on here so I thought I would post it.

www [dot] droid-life [dot] com/2011/03/29/how-to-root-gingerbread-on-droid-2/

I may jump to this to check it out.

Abowersq

Sep 19, 2010
You obviously did not look very hard. Been on rooted gingerbread for almost a week

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA App

BDC1980

Nov 6, 2010
Sorry... Didnt see anything on THIS forum.... My bad....

On the note of Root GB... How are you liking it? I really hated the original Blur so I am apprehensive to go back to it....

I"m running Liberty now.

orkillakilla

May 10, 2010
Tennessee

Abowersq

Sep 19, 2010
Agreed. Sorry to come off that way. Between folks semi bricking their phones and posting a thread about it. I kinda was like o_0 . I used to not like blur. But now stock GB at 1.25 GHz is great.

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA App

nolimit208

Oct 8, 2010
Put my phone on GB this morning. Cant comment on its battery life. I came from fission 2.6.1 and this seems alot smoother. I also got a 300point boost on quandrant. I have not OCed it yet but I am sure I will soon.

Exchange setup is different that before which threw me for a little loop but got it figured out.

Hope Pandora works ok this. on 2.6.1 after I unplugged my headphones pandora would pause and if I waited several hours before pluggin headphones back in and playin pandora again it would play the cached song then would close. Wouldn't give me a FC but just close out and then I couldn't get it to work again unless I rebooted phone..

Apr 18, 2008
Put my phone on GB this morning. Cant comment on its battery life. I came from fission 2.6.1 and this seems alot smoother. I also got a 300point boost on quandrant. I have not OCed it yet but I am sure I will soon.

Exchange setup is different that before which threw me for a little loop but got it figured out.

Hope Pandora works ok this. on 2.6.1 after I unplugged my headphones pandora would pause and if I waited several hours before pluggin headphones back in and playin pandora again it would play the cached song then would close. Wouldn't give me a FC but just close out and then I couldn't get it to work again unless I rebooted phone..
i never had this issue on any of the fission ROMS, it may have been the version of Pandora you were running. the only recent issues i've experienced with Pandora is how it will sometimes kick out of the "station" and go back to the selection list. if you're walking along, you don't know if it's buffering or quit or what!!

new blur is big improvement. still hate the app force-feed of backup assitant and city ID, but nothing a little rooting can't take care of. ;)

nolimit208

Oct 8, 2010
Ya that is what my pandora is doin. but it wont let me select a channel then. well it does but it kicks back out to station selection.

On GB haven't had that issue yet. I have had it close. so I am sure its Pandora's problem.

Has anyone got Corperate Sync to work on this GB. I can not get it to work I get failed to logon message everytime.

OC'd GB and got 2235 on Quandrant FYI 400 higher than I seen with fission i was getting 1800's at 1350.
But I run underclocked/undervolted just needed to try it out :)

Apr 18, 2008
when pandora acts like that (can't choose a channel), i usually quit it and open it again, seems to fix it, for a little while at least. not sure if it's a network issue.

pandora hasn't FC'd on me yet (knocking) and the headphone/phone call "coordination" seems to work better (unplugging headset pauses music, etc.). something weird that seems to happen is after i plug in a headset, pandora pauses, but only eventually. i don't think it's instant, usually it's like 30s or something.

nolimit208

Oct 8, 2010
Bluetooth and regular media volume are know linked together vs before headphone jack and bluetooth were seperate. Use headphone jack for car and bluetooth for my S9's. Kinda a bummer since I blar my music on S9's because i use them at the gym and then when I go to plug it into my car my car speakers about blow up LOL..

Has anyone seen the keyboard and botton 4 buttons not light up. Its a hit or mis if they light up on me. I noticed it last night when I was tryin to type in the dark. the lights are lighting up today but early this morning they did the same thing.