[Q] ndrive how to transfer map?

Search This thread

Seifer1975

Dec 4, 2006
Singapore
Anyone knows how can I transfer my ndrive map from my old phone to my current one? Tried emailing ndrive many times but not a single response from them, not even an automated one.

Many thanks.

Fireloon

Aug 5, 2010
Athens
1st let me make this clear: I have not done this myself!!!

Having said that and if your previous phone was an android phone, then installing the application on your new phone and overwriting the Ndrive folder in your internal sd card with the same folder from your old phone should do the trick.

If your previous phone was not an android phone then I can't think of a way to do it other than contacting Ndrive support.

Hope I've helped

Seifer1975

Dec 4, 2006
Singapore
No way I can do this as my old phone was bricked. Already sent in to Samsung to change the motherboard.

NDrive just replied me via Twitter (out of desperation I tweeted them) that there is NO WAY to transfer as their maps are tied to IMEI. What this also means is that your map can only be used on ONE phone. Once you change phone, that's it. You pay to buy the same map again. I am totally pissed now!!! What kinda of stupid licence is this.

TMReuffurth

Aug 3, 2009
Aljezur
No way I can do this as my old phone was bricked. Already sent in to Samsung to change the motherboard.

NDrive just replied me via Twitter (out of desperation I tweeted them) that there is NO WAY to transfer as their maps are tied to IMEI. What this also means is that your map can only be used on ONE phone. Once you change phone, that's it. You pay to buy the same map again. I am totally pissed now!!! What kinda of stupid licence is this.

Well, they didn´t tell the truth. They can easily change the license to another imei! At least here in Portugal. They want a copy of your serial number and a copy of a bill that you bought the license with your name to get identified. This works at least for the same category of Operating Systems. But i can´t tell if they can do this for changing the OS...

Seifer1975

Dec 4, 2006
Singapore
It's the same os for me. Heck it's even the same phone (i bought another galaxy s after the first one bricked). But ndrive support sucks and I cannot get any response from them via email. You know of any email that they will respond to?

TMReuffurth

Aug 3, 2009
Aljezur
It's the same os for me. Heck it's even the same phone (i bought another galaxy s after the first one bricked). But ndrive support sucks and I cannot get any response from them via email. You know of any email that they will respond to?

Yeah, i know this Costumers Support... The usually take up to 2 weeks to respond. Don´t know if the have nobody there or to much to respond or whatever...

I´ll send you a PM :)

itdoe

Aug 8, 2010
Brussels
I confirm that "support service" of NDrive suck.
Sent an email to "support @ ndrive.com and no reply for two days ...
then to "ndrive @ ndrive.com" ... still no replies ... then to the regional contact ... got a mail undelivery "this person / email doesn't exist" !!
Finally, out of desesperation, I forwarded my email straight to Chief Marketing officer AND the CEO !!!
A day after, got an answer from "support @ " ... saying :

Please provide us your IMEI device number , we will transfer the Ndrive software and it will be available on your equipment as soon we have the information requested.

It tooks a week to come to this. A bit disappointing ...