Ricks ROM NK2

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By GuestK00143, Guest on 27th June 2014, 05:17 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
28th June 2014, 01:52 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
I can't do it again soon but I bet you money it was a bad download. Going to have to make sure m5 checks out. Thanks for the help
28th June 2014, 04:58 AM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 406

More
Interesting glitch.. I can't seem to get any 3rd party keyboard to stay checked. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
GuestK00143
28th June 2014, 02:57 PM |#33  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikotret

Are you going to theme this in the future

This is going to be worked on for sure. I can't say how soon but I got a PM from someone who will help. Stay tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aescbrya

I can't do it again soon but I bet you money it was a bad download. Going to have to make sure m5 checks out. Thanks for the help

I'm glad your up and running again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howellcp

Interesting glitch.. I can't seem to get any 3rd party keyboard to stay checked. Any ideas?

I'm not sure but I'll try when I get some time later today.
28th June 2014, 07:17 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Looking forward to it
GuestK00143
28th June 2014, 07:57 PM |#35  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by howellcp

I just installed the Google L keyboard and it's staying as default for me. Did you set your default keyboard in settings/language and input?
29th June 2014, 12:56 AM |#36  

More
Google L keyboard working fine with me. Reboot and try again
29th June 2014, 01:06 AM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 406

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc

I just installed the Google L keyboard and it's staying as default for me. Did you set your default keyboard in settings/language and input?

Dirty flash fixed it not sure..

29th June 2014, 01:12 AM |#38  
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 8,320

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

same here lol i put it in my rom but not as default in case ppl dont like it.. i love the material look to it

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to elliwigy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th June 2014, 02:14 PM |#39  
Flag Houston

More
First off, thank you for this. Installed flawlessly and running smooth. Just a few issues.

1. Can't update binaries via su app or through ss.

2. TB can't obtain root permissions but exposed was promoted and granted no issues.

3. Also when I do a restart, every time I have to do a battery pull in order to get the ss option.
I checked if I had root using root checker and says device is rooted and upon boot I have the custom boot screen.

Any insight?

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
GuestK00143
29th June 2014, 02:30 PM |#40  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg0213

First off, thank you for this. Installed flawlessly and running smooth. Just a few issues.

1. Can't update binaries via su app or through ss.

2. TB can't obtain root permissions but exposed was promoted and granted no issues.

3. Also when I do a restart, every time I have to do a battery pull in order to get the ss option.
I checked if I had root using root checker and says device is rooted and upon boot I have the custom boot screen.

Any insight?

You need to update SU thru safestrap. Go here and download the flashable zip. This is a known problem with SU, it is not a problem with the ROM. Hopefully a fix will be made soon. Update SU in SS and TB will work as it should, I use TB too. Second it sounds like you installed my ROM on a ROM slot in SS. This is also a known issue with SS. If you installed this on the stock slot check the MD5 of the ROM to make sure you didn't get a bad download and then do a clean wipe of the phone in SS and reinstall the ROM. I've had zero issues running this on the stock for almost 5 days now. I'm glad you like the ROM, I hope that helps and you can get it to run trouble free as mine is.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
29th June 2014, 03:45 PM |#41  
Flag Houston

More
Quote:

You need to update SU thru safestrap. Go here and download the flashable zip. This is a known problem with SU, it is not a problem with the ROM. Hopefully a fix will be made soon. Update SU in SS and TB will work as it should, I use TB too. Second it sounds like you installed my ROM on a ROM slot in SS. This is also a known issue with SS. If you installed this on the stock slot check the MD5 of the ROM to make sure you didn't get a bad download and then do a clean wipe of the phone in SS and reinstall the ROM. I've had zero issues running this on the stock for almost 5 days now. I'm glad you like the ROM, I hope that helps and you can get it to run trouble free as mine is.

Yeah I just got the right zip for su. I was trying to flash 2.0, flashed 1.99r and TB is fixed. Yeah I remember reading and you just reminded me that installing on ROM slot 1 causes issues. I'll try what you said just skeptical cause in the ss thread it says not recommended. I have a back up and Odin tar so if all goes to s#! $ I'll just Odin back. Thanks again for your hard work. Other than the one issue NOT caused by the ROM, this is running flawless asks smooth as butter.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread