By GuestK00143, Guest on 27th June 2014, 05:17 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
29th June 2014, 03:45 PM |#41  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc

You need to update SU thru safestrap. Go here and download the flashable zip. This is a known problem with SU, it is not a problem with the ROM. Hopefully a fix will be made soon. Update SU in SS and TB will work as it should, I use TB too. Second it sounds like you installed my ROM on a ROM slot in SS. This is also a known issue with SS. If you installed this on the stock slot check the MD5 of the ROM to make sure you didn't get a bad download and then do a clean wipe of the phone in SS and reinstall the ROM. I've had zero issues running this on the stock for almost 5 days now. I'm glad you like the ROM, I hope that helps and you can get it to run trouble free as mine is.

Yeah I just got the right zip for su. I was trying to flash 2.0, flashed 1.99r and TB is fixed. Yeah I remember reading and you just reminded me that installing on ROM slot 1 causes issues. I'll try what you said just skeptical cause in the ss thread it says not recommended. I have a back up and Odin tar so if all goes to s#! $ I'll just Odin back. Thanks again for your hard work. Other than the one issue NOT caused by the ROM, this is running flawless asks smooth as butter.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
29th June 2014, 05:44 PM |#42  
Flag Houston

More
Update: Did as stated above aaaaaaaand score! So far no issues. Installed, booted, and restored just fine. Thanks again.

The Following User Says Thank You to tdawg0213 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tdawg0213 Ad-Free
29th June 2014, 07:08 PM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 123

More
Installed on stock side and running fast and stable. Well done. Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to GoBears For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GoBears Ad-Free
1st July 2014, 05:48 AM |#44  

More
Is it risky to install stock side? Why not ROM slot
GuestK00143
1st July 2014, 01:57 PM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikotret

Is it risky to install stock side? Why not ROM slot

Not really. As long as you have a back up you should be good. At worst you would have to Odin back to stock but the chances of that are pretty slim. Seeing that safe strap has ROM slot issues you are better off installing on the stock slot.
1st July 2014, 02:33 PM |#46  
Flag Houston

More
Quote:

Not really. As long as you have a back up you should be good. At worst you would have to Odin back to stock but the chances of that are pretty slim. Seeing that safe strap has ROM slot issues you are better off installing on the stock slot.

I can second this. Installed this on ROM slot 1 and had issues, installed on stock slot and running flawless. Been about three to four days and no issues so far.

The Following User Says Thank You to tdawg0213 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tdawg0213 Ad-Free
2nd July 2014, 03:50 AM |#47  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Quote:

You need to update SU thru safestrap. Go here and download the flashable zip. This is a known problem with SU, it is not a problem with the ROM. Hopefully a fix will be made soon. Update SU in SS and TB...

Double thanks!! Couldn't figure out why tb wasn't working.

As for flashing to the stock slot, if we can safely flash to the stock slot (no partitions to worry about), it's just like we have twrp on an unlocked bootloader. New to ss but sounds too good to be true. Any drawbacks to flashing to stock slot?
The Following User Says Thank You to dlscott1111 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dlscott1111 Ad-Free
2nd July 2014, 03:55 AM |#48  
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 8,321

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlscott1111

Double thanks!! Couldn't figure out why tb wasn't working.

As for flashing to the stock slot, if we can safely flash to the stock slot (no partitions to worry about), it's just like we have twrp on an unlocked bootloader. New to ss but sounds too good to be true. Any drawbacks to flashing to stock slot?

ss is basically twrp for our locked bootloaders.. if using stock slot with no rom slots we can flash just bout anything for our devices except for custom kernels.. i find more benefit of flashing to stock slot.. no battery pull to reboot etc

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elliwigy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2014, 04:44 AM |#49  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Quote:

If you installed this on the stock slot check the MD5 of the ROM to make sure you didn't get a bad download and then do a clean wipe of the phone in SS and reinstall the ROM...

Alright, think I'm ready to install on the stock slot. One final piece of info. When you say do a clean wipe, do you mean I do the default wipe of the stock slot? Sorry, learning ss for the first time.
The Following User Says Thank You to dlscott1111 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dlscott1111 Ad-Free
2nd July 2014, 05:56 AM |#50  
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 8,321

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Alright, think I'm ready to install on the stock slot. One final piece of info. When you say do a clean wipe, do you mean I do the default wipe of the stock slot? Sorry, learning ss for the first time.

i just do the default.. i dont change n e of the wipe settings

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elliwigy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
GuestK00143
2nd July 2014, 02:38 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

For a clean wipe do the normal factory reset swipe and then go in to advanced settings and check the wipe cache, dalvik cache and system wipe. That is a clean wipe, just be careful not to check the wipe ext sd card.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread