FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Xolo Q700 - Issues and Solutions

83 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By ravisghosh, Member on 27th July 2013, 09:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi folks,

Xolo Q700 seems to be an amazing machine. In this thread, I'm trying to put across some of the problems I faced and solutions I found. Probably, this can be useful to some of us as well.

ISSUE #1 - GPS DOES NOT WORK

PROBLEM: Xolo Q700 would not use GPS Satellite to find location, only use mobile towers to triangulate.

TESTING THE PROBLEM: Install GPS Test app from Google Play, turn on GPS, and hold the phone under open sky for couple minutes.

TEST RESULT: GPS Test shows some satellite "in view" but none "in use".

SOLUTION:
Go to Settings>Location Access, and then turn on the following:
Access to my location - Check (turn on)
GPS Satellites - On
Wi-Fi & mobile network location - Check (turn on)

Tap on GPS Satellites and enable the following:
GPS EPO assistance - Check (turn on)
A-GPS - Check (turn on)

Tap on GPS EPO assistance and enable the following:
Auto Download - Check (turn on)

TESTING THE SOLUTION:
1. Install GPS Test app from Google Play, turn on GPS, and hold the phone under open sky for couple minutes.
RESULT: GPS Test shows some satellite "in view" as well as "in use".

2. Open maps and browse so that it caches some maps files. Now, put phone in Airplane mode and reboot. Start maps again and see if it shows the right location.
RESULT: Location is pointed without sim connection. So, phone can be used as a GPS device as well without sim.

ISSUE #1 - LOW AUDIO

PROBLEM: Volume for ring, call, and speakers is quite low and often not audible in noisy places.

SOLUTION:
1. Enter Engineering Mode - Dial *#*#3646633#*#*
2. Go to Hardware Testing>Audio>Normal Mode.
3. Select "Sph" in type.
4. Select "level 6" in Level.
5. Enter 160 in value.
6. Press Set.
7. Restart the phone.

If you want to increase your volume in all level then choose "level 0" in level and enter 160 in value.

Some more tricks are given in the following link for zopo phones but would work for Q700 - http://www.zopomobileshop.com/zopo-r...ngtone-volume/

I am not sure whether this actually works as I cannot find any perceptible change in volume. Is others can try and give some opinion and settings that work, it would be helpful.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ravisghosh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ravisghosh Ad-Free
28th July 2013, 04:58 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
XOLO Q700 - Network keeps dropping
Hi

I have been facing one irritating problem (on this otherwise wonderful phone) - the network keeps dropping and coming back on its own
Can some one please update on the kind of problem.
is it hardware related or software?
can i resolve this on my own or have to go to company ?
2nd August 2013, 02:47 PM |#3  
Flag Vadodara
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unvishu

Hi

I have been facing one irritating problem (on this otherwise wonderful phone) - the network keeps dropping and coming back on its own

There are no reported issues with phone's Radio.
There would be issues with your network service provider. Activate 3g service will give you better reception.
Also you can try swapping both SIM.
5th August 2013, 08:59 AM |#4  

More
Headset Issue
Hi All,
I purchased the Xolo Q700 a week back. I just found out a possible issue with the stock headset provided with the phone.
First of all, Q700 uses a different standard for the headset-mic interface. hence regular android Headset/Mic don't work (search for CTIA vs OMTP headset standards). Q700 is follows OMTP standard. Most other brands such as LG follow CTIA.

Also noticed another issue, when the headset is plugged in during a call. The Microphone on the phone seems to be used instead of the Mic from headset. This is hard to realize since the Mic on the phone is good and the other person on the call doesn't hear any difference.

Can some one check if this is common to all Q700 phones or is specific to my phone? Here's what I did to check this.

You can call the Q700 phone with stock headset plugged in and leave it under a pillow or something. Then tap the headset mic. I don't hear anything on the other phone or a faint tap, But if I tap the Mic on Q700 at the bottom, I hear it very well.

Thanks,
5th August 2013, 09:07 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aramosfet

Hi All,
You can call the Q700 phone with stock headset plugged in and leave it under a pillow or something. Then tap the headset mic. I don't hear anything on the other phone or a faint tap, But if I tap the Mic on Q700 at the bottom, I hear it very well.

I can confirm this. The mic does not work. By the way, is there any other good compatible headset that gives better audio quality?
6th August 2013, 05:03 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravisghosh

I can confirm this. The mic does not work. By the way, is there any other good compatible headset that gives better audio quality?

Thanks for confirming, But I found a solution. The trick is to insert the headset very quickly. I think the problem is the phone checks for the mic before the connector is fully inserted.
One good thing is that the status bar shows two different icons for headphones and headset with mic. So we can make sure if the mic is detected or not.
Thank you,
17th September 2013, 04:41 PM |#7  

More
Unhappy ph got mad..work by itslf nd irritate me
hi all...i bought dis ph yestrdy..bt till nw i face this same problm twice..my ph wrk by itslf..this happns same whenevr i tried to txt sm1 it open a contct cl them menu gets opend..cant do nething..then i have to reboot my my then it comes to its norml position..ne1 facing the same problm??
plz gv me a solution.....
4th October 2013, 04:10 AM |#8  

More
xolo gps issue
hi i tried all gps steps still it doesent show inuse no of gps ... Pls assist
4th October 2013, 06:07 AM |#9  

More
Phone Dual Standby SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unvishu

Hi

i get to understand that this is a problem with the Dual STANDBY SIM design of the Xolo Q700 and some other Xolo phones.. where there is only 1 network chip and therefore the phone does not permit both the SIM cards to be in use at the same time.. this surely affects the user on voice Calls, when while using one SIM the other SIM comes across as out of network..

similarly while using 3G, thanks to backend network discovery happening on both SIM, the chip altewrnates, thereby killing the 3G connection every now and then..

i am told again that this can be solved by software and an update to the phone could help.. Xolo does not update OTA, what you need to do is go to Xolo website and there they have an update download .zip file that you place in your SDCard and use Xolo Care App to make the update to your phone..

standard caveat is to backup all phone data, SMS, Call logs as the phone resets on update.. hope this helps..
4th October 2013, 07:59 AM |#10  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Question How to enable App to SD on Xolo Q700
Hey guys... I'm going to buy q700 this month probably this week... I've come to know that app to SD isn't supported and hence unable to install huge games like asphalt7 , most wanted etc...
Now I'm eager to know if its possible to enable App to SD(without creating an External partition on SD card) after rooting the device?
11th October 2013, 11:48 AM |#11  

More
3G Prob
Hi..In my Q700 ...3G service option is not showing under mobile network tab.

Can anyone help me out.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailgopu

i get to understand that this is a problem with the Dual STANDBY SIM design of the Xolo Q700 and some other Xolo phones.. where there is only 1 network chip and therefore the phone does not permit both the SIM cards to be in use at the same time.. this surely affects the user on voice Calls, when while using one SIM the other SIM comes across as out of network..

similarly while using 3G, thanks to backend network discovery happening on both SIM, the chip altewrnates, thereby killing the 3G connection every now and then..

i am told again that this can be solved by software and an update to the phone could help.. Xolo does not update OTA, what you need to do is go to Xolo website and there they have an update download .zip file that you place in your SDCard and use Xolo Care App to make the update to your phone..

standard caveat is to backup all phone data, SMS, Call logs as the phone resets on update.. hope this helps..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
jell bean, q700, xolo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)