401 posts
Thanks Meter: 261

By kuyagaol, Senior Member on 4th June 2011, 04:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th January 2013, 12:33 PM |#1291  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Is there any ways to install CronMod-A2SD/D2EXT/INT2EXT in kuyaDROID v4.5.4.
it is showing 0 space. i tried d2ext+ and int2ext+.
error : insufficient space
i put 1.26gb ext4 still cant.changed to 500mb still the same.
had to flash rom many times,because of boot stuck.

Hope some one will help.

thanks in advance.
16th November 2013, 08:06 PM |#1292  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I can not download rom :(
Hallo, I have a problem with downloading of this rom. Everytime when I try to click on download link it redirecte me to this page and i can only download some download manager but not the rom file
http://lp.downloadsetup.net/?sysid=4...DPMCy1vHLbj000.
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............................................
i am stupid i found the mirror. Many thanks to veneshx8
26th November 2013, 04:31 PM |#1293  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I think my brain may be bleeding here, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out which kernel is needed for this one.

I've tried v4.5.4 and v5, and both give strangely garbled graphics on my nAa 2.6.32.61. I then tried flashing a few of the newer Alfs kernels (two v9cs, one v10), but they just reboot infinitely after showing the Alfs screen. I tried an older nAa kernel, too, v2.6.29.6, but that one doesn't even boot...

Please help

Thanks
26th November 2013, 05:15 PM |#1294  
Thanks Meter: 353

More
This rom is only for stock .29 kernel!
26th November 2013, 05:19 PM |#1295  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iks8

This rom is only for stock .29 kernel!

Thanks, IKS! My brain damage is still in effect though, and the "search this thread" function is broken on XDA, so might I trouble you for a link to one such kernel that is rooted? I'm currently testing with 2.6.29.6-nAa-14, but it won't boot.

Thank you!
26th November 2013, 05:26 PM |#1296  
Thanks Meter: 353

More
If you've got unlocked bootloader and nAa kernel leave this rom and install minicm7 or something like that. This rom is good for stock users but not for users with unlocked bootloader.
26th November 2013, 06:11 PM |#1297  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iks8

If you've got unlocked bootloader and nAa kernel leave this rom and install minicm7 or something like that. This rom is good for stock users but not for users with unlocked bootloader.

Oh, okay — didn't know that. I wasn't aware that you could even use a custom FW with a locked bootloader. How would you flash this?

EDIT: Well, as it turns out, I found a thread where someone had the same issue as me with flashing the Alfs kernel — the suggestion was to reflash the nAa kernel, go into recovery and do a factory reset, then flash the Alfs kernel again. I did the same, and now it boots! I have kuyaDROID with Alfs and no garbled graphics

PS: Still don't see how you're going to flash this ROM (which is a CWM zip) on a locked device. I think you're confused?

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendalterbang

the screen is to sensitive, anyone have same issue? but overall is very good room

I know this was a long time ago, but the answer to this question is: With the nAa kernel and kuyaDROID, the touch screen will be behaving erratically, mistaking swipes for presses and inadvertently opening a lot of programs and options. With the Alfs kernel, it behaves normally.

Answered for Google

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

The "addons" linked to in the OP no longer exist, and the current kuyaDROID version is much higher than then... So what to install to get Google Apps, or the Play Store on the current kuyaDROID? (EDIT: Seems they were already there, and that adding a vending.apk revealed them... Funky)
21st April 2014, 07:24 PM |#1298  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
A few hints for kuyaDROID installation (for newbies)
Having some time during Easter Sunday I decided to upgrade my girlfriend's X8 to Gingerbread. The main motivation was the fact that Google Market stopped support for Android version older than 2.3 some time ago. Doing some research I was pleasantly surprised that there were even ICS (4.0.4) ROMs available and they were reported to be stable. However based on my experience with Xperia Active upgraded to stock ICS I was afraid X8 performance would be even slower considering X8 has even older hardware.

Why kuyaDROID? The developer obviously spent quite some time tweaking the ROM and being a newbie to Android ROM flashing I found a good article recommending this ROM. As there still might be some "late adopters" of kuyaDROID ROM I decided to post a few comments that hopefully can help the newbies like me.

The best starting point is this article on Chromloop: "How to Install CyanogenMod 7 Custom Rom on Xperia X8 / W8" (unfortunately I can't post links on xda yet). Read it at least once to have a rough idea what's expecting you.

The tools you'll need (look for the links in the article), make sure you are able to download them all before you start, as they might get removed any time:
  • Sony PC Companion (this is not mentioned in the article, just use Google and download from SONY pages)
  • Flashtool
  • xRecovery
  • kuyaDROID ROM v4.5.4 (or newer if available)
  • Android aps: ES File Manager, Super Backup (or other tool to backup your contacts and SMS)
Note: As Google Market is no more supporting your X8 Android version, you have to use an alternative apk markets to download your apps (for example 1Mobile.com). Just use Android browser to access the alternative market page.

The steps and hints:
  1. Backup your data - typically you might want to backup your contacts and text messages (SMS).
  2. Run Sony PC Companion and check for a potential update for your X8. The latest is 2.1.1 A06 (check in your phone Settings). If your phone can get update you'll be notified by PC Companion and just follow the Sony upgrade wizard. This is important step as kuyaDROID requires the latest baseband version (015) which is bundled with the latest Sony stock ROM.
  3. Use Flashtool to root your phone. Choose SuperSU option (the other failed for me). Check the article for details.
  4. Install xRecovery - my version of Flashtool didn't have the xRecovery install implemented. Therefore you have to follow the article's alternative approach to installing xRecovery. ES File Manager will come in handy for setting the required execute permissions on the manually copied xRecovery files.
Now just follow steps 3, 4 and 5 in the article, everything worked flawlessly since then.

After rebooting I was able to connect to my google account and access the Market - mission accomplished. I haven't noticed any issues in KuyaDROID so far, no lag or connectivity problems. Good job, Kuya!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, cm7, kuyadroid, rom, xperia, xperia x8

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)