[CLOSED][Kernel][Mido][Oreo][P][Treble & Non-Treble][OC]eXtremeKernel V12 for Redmi Note 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
G

GuestK00183

[Kernel][Mido][Oreo][P][Treble & Non-Treble][OC]eXtremeKernel V12 for Redmi Note 4

aFkG5oB.jpg

Unleash The Power with the new eXtremeKernel V12
RJ9gF89.jpg

Afraid to install that high performance 3D Game because your device just won't take it ? ,Want to rock Asphalt Legends on Ultra Graphics? Got no time to charge your device on the run?
Or Maybe You Just Want to Embrace your Device Reborn. Behold!. "The eXtreme kernel" .. here to lift your desire for performance and battery beyond limits and measures.. and to the "eXtreme" you deserve more than" Stock ". you deserve "eXtreme" . unleash the true power of your device like never before, while you can. why live the stock life when u can go all the way "extreme!!".
1GyLKxs.jpg

-Latest Linux Version (3.18.124)
Based on LOS Kernel Source with applied 8.1 Changes
Upstreamed to Latest Linux Version (3.18.123)
Updated Wi-Fi driver to LA.UM.6.6.r1-09600-89xx.0
Compactible with Custom Roms (Treble/NonTreble)
Compiled with Google Toolchain
Reworked the whole kernel
Reworked OC
Auto Detect zip Treble and Not treble
CPU OC to 2.764 Mhz
CPU Underclock to 373 Mhz
Undervolt by -75 mV
Undervolt some regulators for better battery life
GPU OC to 1166 Mhz
Optimized the Msm-adreno-tz
DevFreq Optimizations
Optimized Audio Codec
Slimbus OC
Audio processor: Overclock to 12.228MHz!
Sound Control
Spectrum Support
KCAL color control
fsync on/off support
CRC-check on/off support
Tweaked Spectrum Profiles
Boeffla wakelock blocker
State Notiffer Driver
Intelli Thermal V3
PowerSuspend
Adreno Idler
Updated PowerSuspend Driver
State Notiffer Driver
LionHeart CPU Governor
Zzmoove CPU Governor
Impulse CPU Governor
Optimized Interactive Governor
and original ones
Anxiety IO Scheduler
Maple IO Scheduler
Fiops IO Scheduler
Optimized CFQ IO Sched
Optimized Deadline IO Sched
and original ones
Lot of TCP Algorithms (cubic,reno,bic,yeah,hybia...)
Vibration intensity control for qpnp-haptics interface
300 Hz Timer for best Battery and Performance
Included OC Damage and Voltage Protection
-F2FS Support
-Working IR Blaster
Added fsync on/off support
Added support for exfat and enabled ntfs.
Optimized and Upstreamed ZRAM
Optimized Boot Time
Optimized Deep Sleep
Optimized Opening Delay
Some Network Speed Tweaks
Incresed GPU power lvl to 20
Some essential patches that you can also find in Google kernels
and Lot of more small Optimizations

tMA57ou.jpg

MOD EDIT: LINK REMOVED.

You can Donate with pressing Donate to Me Button or just VIsit this link

XDA:DevDB Information
[Kernel][Mido][Oreo][P][Treble & Non-Treble][OC]eXtremeKernel V11 for MI Redmi Note 4

Contributors
Alek Dev, Cheewaca, TheHitman
Source Code:

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 12.0
Stable Release Date: 2018-09-30

Created 2018-09-30
Last Updated 2018-11-14

Last edited by a moderator:

justreybro

Aug 31, 2015
Impressive spectrum profiles!
No need to tinker stuff, the spectrum profiles are great for each purpose. You can unleash the beast and saving battery on the same kernel! Great work, dev.

simkad

Jun 22, 2012
Thanks for this awsome kernel.. Install and working good on oreo LOS extended by alexey.
Can u please add an iptable/netfilter module on ur next released?
Thanks.

justreybro

Aug 31, 2015
Which one to flash, oc or non oc?

I recommend the oc version, use spectrum battery profile as daily driver and spectrum gaming profile for heavy task like gaming.

If you want to unlock mido's potential and you do gaming but still can save battery while needed, go OC.
If you don't need extra power, go non OC.

But it all depends on you.

huzefaonline

Dec 21, 2012
Karachi
Moto Z Play
I recommend the oc version, use spectrum battery profile as daily driver and spectrum gaming profile for heavy task like gaming.

If you want to unlock mido's potential and you do gaming but still can save battery while needed, go OC.
If you don't need extra power, go non OC.

But it all depends on you.

Ok. I don't do gaimg and don't need power but will still try the oc version with spectrum battery profile. If it doesn't work well then will go non oc version

zoel.fahmi

Apr 28, 2016
Lenovo A6000/Plus
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
based on my experience: no, u need to clean flash rom.

flash stock boot.img did not work, results saying "Encryption Failed, factory reset required"
OK, so that's mean I have to wipe everything first
Then install cusrom followed by GApps after that custom kernel, right?

---------- Post added at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

this high OC is no danger to the life of the device?
It's always at risk, especially battery life
My advice is when you're using this kernel especially the OC version (gaming)
Install external cooling device, it's quite cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi. Thanks for the kernel, so far good. Is not the 2700 mhz dangerous? I only use 2200Mhz. I am currently using the kernel auditor app, can anyone suggest better? thanks
    Nah. 2700 MHz is far from dangerous. Especially that the devs made sure to undervolt the cores this way less heat generates. Furthermore we have three different types or thermal protection agains any kind of cpu damage caused by overclocking. vdd_restriction, msm_thermal and core_control which is set to default. It'll turn off cores that reach a dangerous temperature preventing them from getting damaged. I used this kernel to play some mediocre games with cpu freqs set to 652-2700 MHz also 1100 MHz GPU. This kernel is completely safe. However I never tried to play PUBG, Fortnite or other cpu/gpu needy mainstream games on phone. These type of games weren't meant to be played on our mido.

As for kernel management I use Ex Kernel Manager. It is available in the Play Store but it's a paid app. Still it gets updated frequently. Rather trustworthy.
    Thanks for the quick response. I raised max clock speed now [emoji4]. Fantastic! The device is very fast and there is no lag. I use the interactive governor. I turned on the 3 protection you wrote. I hooked up a picture. On the right there are rings. Would they stay gray or have I turned blue? I do not understand the relevance of the setting. Thanks

Tapatalkkal küldve az én Redmi Note 4 eszközömről
    those rings and colors are just "apply on boot" options
    I don't use this EX Manager for many reasons, instead, I'm using Darkness Control (a modified version of Kernel Adiutor) which is more stable and easier to use
    Which pervious post bro? I can't find that file anywhere!
    My bad. You can find it in the telegram group. Just search it there. Sorry

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

My bad. You can find it in the telegram group. Just search it there. Sorry

Edit:
    Here is the link to the file. You can flash the zip file with twrp.
    https://ufile.io/0zqmm
    Thanks for the quick response. I raised max clock speed now [emoji4]. Fantastic! The device is very fast and there is no lag. I use the interactive governor. I turned on the 3 protection you wrote. I hooked up a picture. On the right there are rings. Would they stay gray or have I turned blue? I do not understand the relevance of the setting. ThanksView attachment 4668146
    No worries. I forgot to mention that it isn't recommended to activate two or more core-protection functions for they could/might/will collide thus leading to system errors, bugs. At least that's what I heard. I'm not sure since I never tampered with those restriction features and left them to default where only core_control is enabled. In Ex Kernel Manager when you click on the power icon next to a feature it'll turn blue. When it is blue it means the feature will be set automatically after the device reboots.
    Here is the closest-to-truth desciption about protection features I found on the web:
    Core Control : Enable / disable throttling, this enables the thermal engine and enable VDD restriction and core throttle
    VDD Restriction : Limits CPU voltage, limiting it will decrease temperature
    Core Throttle : Throttles CPU when enabled, this decrease CPU frequency to a lower step when it reaches a specified temperature

---------- Post added at 22:00 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

those rings and colors are just "apply on boot" options
    I don't use this EX Manager for many reasons, instead, I'm using Darkness Control (a modified version of Kernel Adiutor) which is more stable and easier to use
    I'd love to use darkness control but the question how often does it get updates? The newest one I could find on the web is this. Seems rather outdated?
    at the results is eXtreme Kernel more better than ****ty Strakz Kernel, with Spectrum make my device more even smooth while playing game like PUBG, but some bug,F2FS and IR Blaster still not fixed, anyway, this kernel really good for mido, keep it up dev:)

you don't have to call other work ****ty. Actually, you can praise one without putting down other.