FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Slick UI - An Android Homescreen-replacement interface - New video: 'Dock Preview'!

170 posts
Thanks Meter: 29

By Caemgen, Senior Member on 24th October 2010, 01:05 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
1st December 2010, 02:45 PM |#321  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 127

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caemgen

Ah, but that's where the customization and themes comes in.

Too much work to make a phone usable. A good base UI is preferable to an ugly one with "customizatio and themes."

That's why I still use TouchWiz instead of ADW or LauncherPro.

I've been scouring the market looking at widgets and stuff and may purchase a few tonite. Need to make my workflow more efficient and Samsung has terrible widgets. That Executive Assistant Widget/LockScreen looks real good :P

1st December 2010, 03:42 PM |#322  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Launcher pro is hardly ugly. Besides, it sounds like you'd like your cake and eat it too. However, LPP is easily customized and looks awesome for it. Not sure why you're whining about it.

Looking forward to seeing more of this new launcher. It looks very ambitious and cool :)

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App
1st December 2010, 05:21 PM |#323  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrass

Launcher pro is hardly ugly. Besides, it sounds like you'd like your cake and eat it too. However, LPP is easily customized and looks awesome for it. Not sure why you're whining about it.

Looking forward to seeing more of this new launcher. It looks very ambitious and cool :)

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

Quote me saying LaunchPro is ugly.

Quote, please.

Or shut up.

I did say this one is ugly, which it is - to me.

Ugly is purely a subjective term. Has nothing to do with wanting my cake and eating it too. Don't be a fanboy.
1st December 2010, 05:23 PM |#324  
Thanks Meter: 544

More
Wrong thread, keep it to yourself this is about new homescreen. Don't bash the work unless your going to help create the changes
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8ter

Quote, please.

Or shut up.

Ugly is purely a subjective term. Has nothing to do with wanting my cake and eating it too. Don't be a fanboy.

1st December 2010, 06:01 PM |#325  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 363

More
im salivating in anticipation of a release....
1st December 2010, 07:21 PM |#326  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8ter

Quote, please.

Or shut up.

Listen H8ter. That's all you are. Pond scum. Go play with your iPhone wannabe. This is what Android is all about. Customization and independent developers making the os better. Ugly is subjective, you're right. Like me saying "I think N8ter is a tool." That's subjective. This project is amazing, and even though I wouldn't use it right now, this would rival any home replacement in development. Seeya later H8ter.
1st December 2010, 07:38 PM |#327  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue

Listen H8ter. That's all you are. Pond scum. Go play with your iPhone wannabe. This is what Android is all about. Customization and independent developers making the os better. Ugly is subjective, you're right. Like me saying "I think N8ter is a tool." That's subjective. This project is amazing, and even though I wouldn't use it right now, this would rival any home replacement in development. Seeya later H8ter.

No quote? I'm disappointed.

Yes, I "H8" lies and misrepresentations.
1st December 2010, 07:40 PM |#328  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlGmanlx

Wrong thread, keep it to yourself this is about new homescreen. Don't bash the work unless your going to help create the changes

I'm not bashing anything (read my original post). If the OP wants only to hear constructive criticism he can make a forum on his website and delete all the non-constructive posts on it.
1st December 2010, 08:21 PM |#329  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 363

More
Everyone calm down.....so what, he thinks its ugly, its his opinion and hes entitled to it....that doesn mean it IS ugly, i personally think it looks great
2nd December 2010, 04:23 AM |#330  

More
I would be willing to beta test on my device
Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide usin XDA App
2nd December 2010, 06:08 AM |#331  

More
I would beta test. Running CM 6.1 with darktremor on aria.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
homescreen, launcher, official, project, slick ui
Previous Thread Next Thread