FORUMS

vodafone Nederlands, 3G connection problem

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By motoko, Junior Member on 20th October 2009, 01:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm looking for some advice concerning 3G connection from vodafone in The Nederlands. Right after putting new simcard into my HD I started getting this annoying:

"dialled...
cannot connect for an unknown reason..."

error every time some application tried to get a 3G connection. So decided to put some new cooked ROM based on 6.5. My old one was almost 1 year old and based on 6.1.
So picked up the new Laurentius en voila, it fixed the problem.
Played around a bit with this new rom and decided to check out the XannyTech Grid 1.2.5. Played around with it for one day. Had to soft reset a couple of times cause of HTC messaging that was freezing everytime it tried to read all the txt messages that I restored plus I played around with different tweaks from Advanced Confing etc.
Anyway after all that I soft-reseted for the last time, started up an Opera and bam... connection error again. Exactly as the one before. Did a hard reset, nothing. Same problem all the time.
Anybody experienced something similar ? What do you think it could be ? Should I upgrade my radio ? My current one is 1.13. I was thinking about upgrading to 1.17 but it's very much dependent on a service provider and place so I'm wondering if there's anybody from Nederlands who could give me advice on that, maybe there's some specific version that is the best for Voda ?
thanks for support
20th October 2009, 01:41 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Running vodafone in NL here and have to say im having no problems.

Been running on the 1.14 since it was available and just last week switched to the 1.17 and thats running a bit better than the 1.14.

Also i've been running a lot of roms from this place and never experienced the issue you describe.

Suppose it might be the mix of 1.13 and the rillphone dll's found in the varying roms you tried. Since the radio and rillphone dll need to be compatible and support each others functions this might cause your issues.

So concluding my guess would be to try the 1.17 radio.
20th October 2009, 01:41 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Yes, as explained in the Android Thread, Voda NL has trouble with their 3G Network or Internet Connection. http://tweakers.net/nieuws/63198/vod...tanetwerk.html
20th October 2009, 01:51 PM |#4  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Somewhere in NL
Thanks Meter: 988

More
What the HELL has this to do with Blackstone ROM development!? Come on.

Please mods, close this.
20th October 2009, 01:52 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
ok, looks like I should check the voda website next time. I'll upgrade the radio anyway since lots of people say that it works good for them. Thanks for help
20th October 2009, 02:10 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoko

ok, looks like I should check the voda website next time.

No kidding?
Next topic is about your monthly costs are to high @ Voda?
20th October 2009, 02:37 PM |#7  
Moderator Emeritus- Irish Pride, Spartan Legacy
Flag Belfast, Ireland Likes: Whiskey & XDA Dislikes: No whiskey
Thanks Meter: 5,018

Donate to Me
More
MOD EDIT

Moved to general discussion forum as not related to rom development
20th October 2009, 03:14 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
@FallenSpartan
Thank you, I was too fast with my choice of discussion place, will pay more attention next time
@SeniorMembers
Looks like you should get some green tea or a massage, I heard that it helps with stress... but come to think about it I'm not very surprised by your reactions since you're probably dutch...
20th October 2009, 04:34 PM |#9  

More
Dear TS,

Just look at any random dutch techsite or just contact Vodafone...

For example see:
http://tweakers.net/nieuws/63198/vod...rk-update.html
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)