[Q] HTC One Display Wont Turn on

Search This thread

Danunmen

Jan 28, 2011
Hello to everyone in this Awesome forum, long time lurker here, first time poster. I have a vast experience flashing Roms on a plethora of devices From My Huawei Ascend/Htc Amaze and plenty more but today my Lack of knowledge has finally caught up and I flashed CM10.1 on my HTC One(M7) and it was working fine but until earlier today when my screen went off and it wont come back on... I called my phone and the call goes thru you can see the soft keys turn on but the screen stays off, now when I long press the power/IR button the soft keys flash many times but the phone doesn't Reboot it just keeps flashing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. and yes to the trolls out there I have been looking on the forum for around 3 hours and all I can find is HTC One X post... Thanks For the HElp

rvdangel630

Dec 13, 2007
You need to hold down the power button for 10 secs and it should reboot. If not you can try to boot into recovery using adb on your computer.

If you still can't see your screen then try using this app called droid@screen on your pc to try and mirror your phone.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Danunmen

Danunmen

Jan 28, 2011
You need to hold down the power button for 10 secs and it should reboot. If not you can try to boot into recovery using adb on your computer.

If you still can't see your screen then try using this app called droid@screen on your pc to try and mirror your phone.

Thanks for the suggestions, ill post back if any of them work.
(Update) it seems my phone is not on adb debug so it wont work with the latter and when it comes to the power hold I've been holding for longer than a min and nothing happens... thanks tho

Last edited:

gtwozero

Feb 24, 2011
I had this same exact problem last night, I just plugged back into the charger(the one connected to the wall outlet) and the screen came back on and it asked for my SIM card lock passcode, after that then it rebooted itself, and has been working fine since.
Hope this helps

Reactions: Danunmen

Danunmen

Jan 28, 2011
I had this same exact problem last night, I just plugged back into the charger(the one connected to the wall outlet) and the screen came back on and it asked for my SIM card lock passcode, after that then it rebooted itself, and has been working fine since.
Hope this helps

Awesome, this work like a charm, it didn't ask me for SIM Lock but it did Restart it Self. Thanks a bunch

gtwozero

Feb 24, 2011
No worries mate! Happy to help and glad it worked for you

karlson123

Aug 6, 2009
hi all,

i had same problem, it happened second time, after i finish phone call, screen can not turn on while phone is on, volume keys react, and there is sound from incoming call.
tried to reboot, tried to to enter to recovery mode, every time two led buttons at the bottom were on or blinking.
first time when it happened reboot (hold power button for 10 sec) helped, and second time nothing could help, after about hour it started to work again.

very strange, i changed version and waiting for results.

xJuicex

Nov 18, 2011
Toronto
This is most likely an issue with the light sensor at the top left of the front of the phone..
I've noticed similar symptoms during calls.. but if you are near a bright light the screen will become visible.
Additionally.. i recently had an issue where the phone shut off and wouldnt turn back on.. i held a bright light to the light sensor and then held the power down along with Volume -/+ buttons and the issue resolved itself..

Reactions: dak92

nikolosp

Sep 1, 2007
the light sensor...

I had the same problems with the screen... first it was happen randomly from time to time. Plug it to charging and blank screen. Not responding to hard buttons. And come up from alone. All this happen few times until today... Does not matter what you do, the screen remain black and dead. Start thinking for replacement of the screen(which is very costly and seems that need to be done by htc=$200).
The case: the light sensor working in kind of revers mode. Means when there is light screen is still shot off(the chip did not get the proper signal and "think" it is still dark) so the screen is out of power and all the hard button and soft as well are out of any function. Pressing the power button ends up flashing soft home and revers on the screen, same as described in the first post.
THE SOLUTION: take a led flash light(i used another phone flash light) and light the sensor in the upper left corner of the phone. If this is the problem the screen will immediately come on. Then press the power button and restart the phone to reset the logic signal to the chip and to have proper reading. NOTE: it is kind of hard to operate the phone and light at the same time the sensor with the flash light. If needed get some help but you need sensor covered with light until restart the phone, otherwise the screen will become black immediately.

GOOD LUCK,

Last edited:
Reactions: japodude

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hope this helps
    This is most likely an issue with the light sensor at the top left of the front of the phone..
    I've noticed similar symptoms during calls.. but if you are near a bright light the screen will become visible.
    Additionally.. i recently had an issue where the phone shut off and wouldnt turn back on.. i held a bright light to the light sensor and then held the power down along with Volume -/+ buttons and the issue resolved itself..
    the light sensor...

I had the same problems with the screen... first it was happen randomly from time to time. Plug it to charging and blank screen. Not responding to hard buttons. And come up from alone. All this happen few times until today... Does not matter what you do, the screen remain black and dead. Start thinking for replacement of the screen(which is very costly and seems that need to be done by htc=$200).
    The case: the light sensor working in kind of revers mode. Means when there is light screen is still shot off(the chip did not get the proper signal and "think" it is still dark) so the screen is out of power and all the hard button and soft as well are out of any function. Pressing the power button ends up flashing soft home and revers on the screen, same as described in the first post.
    THE SOLUTION: take a led flash light(i used another phone flash light) and light the sensor in the upper left corner of the phone. If this is the problem the screen will immediately come on. Then press the power button and restart the phone to reset the logic signal to the chip and to have proper reading. NOTE: it is kind of hard to operate the phone and light at the same time the sensor with the flash light. If needed get some help but you need sensor covered with light until restart the phone, otherwise the screen will become black immediately.

GOOD LUCK,