[Q] Screen time-out & screen lock

Search This thread

oo1234567892014

Mar 19, 2014
Hi all,

I've got a Kyocera Torque with Andriod 4.1.2 and the screen lock feature on it is very annoying. My last phone was a Motorola Atrix with Android 4.1.1 and the screen lock feature on it worked well. I enabled a PIN lock screen with a two minute time-out, which was longer than the screen time-out. It worked as follows:

- If the screen timed-out but you press the on button with a second or two, the screen re-awoke with no lock, i.e. you returned to the screen you just left.
- If the screen timed-out but it was less than the two minute security time-out, you were presented with a simple (non-PIN) swipe unlock.
- If the screen timed-out and it was more than the two minute security time-out, you were presented with the PIN keypad

Seems nice enough. However, Kyocera misses the middle item above:

- If the screen times-out but is less than the two minute security time-out, the screen re-awakes with no lock, i.e. you returns to the screen you just left. This leaves you prone to butt dialing, random browsing, etc...
- If the screen times-out and it is more than the two minute security time-out, you are presented with the PIN keypad

It looks like "C Locker" provides this functionality, but then that won't integrate well with the encryption. Is there a way to port the Motorola locker to the Kyocera?

Thanks,
Michael