Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Search This thread

Antonio Almeida Filho

Jan 8, 2015
Leopoldina - MG
LG G7 ThinQ
After my friends ask me so much for me to do this tutorial for the sake of L5, I decide to do.

If you see your L5 does not start the system, it is the LG logo, follow a tutorial below according to your case.

Note that this guide helps only in cases of softbrick. In cases of hardbrick, I recommend you go to a technical assistance.

If your device is in the boot animation forever:
Probably you should have modified the system and is very easy to recover. Just look for the ROM that you were using normally occur before it and reinstall.

If your device is not out of the LG logo and/or not go to recovery:

1 - Download the drivers here and install: http://depositfiles.org/files/8nbpilxsh
2 - Download the stock ROM here: http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=12
Download according to your device!

3 - Go to the download mode.
If the baseband is V10, remove the battery and insert it again (don’t turn it on!). Press and hold volume up button and volume down buttons and connect the device to your computer while holding the buttons.
If the baseband is V20, remove the battery and insert it again (don’t turn it on!). Press and hold volume down an connect the device to your computer while holding the buttons.
If it was not for the recovery, the stronger hold buttons! Worked with me ;)

4 - Download the KDZ updater here http://www.unclenet.de/files/KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.7z
The file contains msxml.msi. Install it first before running the KDZ updater

5 - Start the program.
Leave the options as follows:
Type: 3GQCT
Phone Mode: DIAG
KDZ file: navigate to the file location. KDZ downloaded in step 2 and select.

6 - Click on "launch software update".
The process will take a while. No way, do not disconnect the device from your computer!!!

7 - If still not start, go to the recovery and format
To go to the recovery, will depend on the installed ROM. Each ROM is different. I do not know how to enter the recovery of all ROMs.
When you go to the stock recovery, will automatically format.

(Special case) If your screen looks like this:
bug.jpg
Do as if you were standing in the logo of LG. However, in this case, will not appear on the screen written this in download mode.
To go in download mode, you will have to have plenty of patience to get out of this situation.
Try:
Hold the volume up and connect the PC;
Hold the volume down and connect the PC;
Hold the volume down and up at the same time and connect to PC.

You should try one of these at a time and wait about 10 seconds. While the screen does not look like this, keep trying and holding the stronger buttons.
View attachment 3726726

Make sure it is connected. Go on the control panel, Hardware and Sound, Devices and Printers. If not appear, uninstall the drivers in the device manager and reinstall it.

After that, you just have to install the ROM on KDZ updater.

Last edited:

swiftgeek

Oct 28, 2009
Hardbrick is relatively easy too (just one temporary pull down on eMMC data line, then emergency downloader from SoC is available over usb), though for writing guide/testing software i would need actual genuine hardbrick (mobo of l7 or enough of l5)

But even if i write guide, you will still need to have full eMMC backup, any other way while not impossible, violates xda rules. Otherwise you will have no IMEI (though that state could be still useful)

Last edited:

neutrondev

Aug 20, 2013
Bucharest
Unfortunately this sock doesn't support QDL 9008 from what I know. The title is just misleading. There is no hard-brick here.

a.cid

RC / Retired Mod / Portal Team
Nov 18, 2011
Mumbai

drahtwurst

Nov 17, 2014
Berlin
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
LG E 610 Softbrick tried everything MPT Driver fails to load

hi,
i have an LG Optimus L5 (LG-E610) here, it used to have a Stock Android 4.0.3 of nov 06-2012 on it and i tried to put a custom 4.4.4 ROM on it. i had root, Philz Recovery installed and flashed with it: 20 baseband, ROM, gapps, in that order. after it was finished-> reboot system. but the fon would not boot properly and show my a dizzy screeen. after i installed LGMobileDriver_WHQL_Ver_4.2.0.exe and tried flashing V10B_00.kdz with the KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.7z tool. ti said "phone not found" no matter in wich way i used it. after this the fon would not be properly recognised by the win7 x64 pc anymore. the "Android Net MTP device" driver fails to install. some mpt driver used to work before.

after this i also worked with the lg mobile tool und the lg 3.8 mobile driver. uninstalled drivers, used other pcs, virtual oss, lg pc suite. i tried every possible combination of push buttons (i believe) and did with and without battery in the fon. the problem remains. MTP device driver fails to install.

WHAT TO DO?

Theekseeker

Mar 4, 2019
Kandy
i have an old device, i cant access the download mode or recovery mode just a white screen, this happen after i was trying to flash a custom recovery (twrp). any have an idea? i just need to enter the download mode, and the kdz wont recognize the device

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After my friends ask me so much for me to do this tutorial for the sake of L5, I decide to do.

If you see your L5 does not start the system, it is the LG logo, follow a tutorial below according to your case.

Note that this guide helps only in cases of softbrick. In cases of hardbrick, I recommend you go to a technical assistance.

If your device is in the boot animation forever:
    Probably you should have modified the system and is very easy to recover. Just look for the ROM that you were using normally occur before it and reinstall.

If your device is not out of the LG logo and/or not go to recovery:

1 - Download the drivers here and install: http://depositfiles.org/files/8nbpilxsh
    2 - Download the stock ROM here: http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=12
    Download according to your device!

3 - Go to the download mode.
    If the baseband is V10, remove the battery and insert it again (don’t turn it on!). Press and hold volume up button and volume down buttons and connect the device to your computer while holding the buttons.
    If the baseband is V20, remove the battery and insert it again (don’t turn it on!). Press and hold volume down an connect the device to your computer while holding the buttons.
    If it was not for the recovery, the stronger hold buttons! Worked with me ;)

4 - Download the KDZ updater here http://www.unclenet.de/files/KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.7z
    The file contains msxml.msi. Install it first before running the KDZ updater

5 - Start the program.
    Leave the options as follows:
    Type: 3GQCT
    Phone Mode: DIAG
    KDZ file: navigate to the file location. KDZ downloaded in step 2 and select.

6 - Click on "launch software update".
    The process will take a while. No way, do not disconnect the device from your computer!!!

7 - If still not start, go to the recovery and format
    To go to the recovery, will depend on the installed ROM. Each ROM is different. I do not know how to enter the recovery of all ROMs.
    When you go to the stock recovery, will automatically format.

(Special case) If your screen looks like this:
    bug.jpg
    Do as if you were standing in the logo of LG. However, in this case, will not appear on the screen written this in download mode.
    To go in download mode, you will have to have plenty of patience to get out of this situation.
    Try:
    Hold the volume up and connect the PC;
    Hold the volume down and connect the PC;
    Hold the volume down and up at the same time and connect to PC.

You should try one of these at a time and wait about 10 seconds. While the screen does not look like this, keep trying and holding the stronger buttons.
    View attachment 3726726

Make sure it is connected. Go on the control panel, Hardware and Sound, Devices and Printers. If not appear, uninstall the drivers in the device manager and reinstall it.

After that, you just have to install the ROM on KDZ updater.
    So all I said is to recover from a soft brick?
    Yes.
    Soft brick; bootloop etc.
    Hard brick; phone wont turn on & can not access recovery/download mode.
    Therefore, I have nothing to say about hardbrick. In this case, I would recommend just taking the phone into a technical assistance.
    Screenshot_20160424_101224.png

Btw... How did this thread ended in XDA Home Page??:silly:
    Guys, I never said that this tutorial is about hardbrick. You probably should have seen it http://www.xda-developers.com/xda-external-link/unbrick-lg-optimus-l5-from-hard-brick/ . I think you should discuss it there, with the guy who spoke that it is a hardbrick guide.
    Guys, I never said that this tutorial is about hardbrick. You probably should have seen it http://www.xda-developers.com/xda-external-link/unbrick-lg-optimus-l5-from-hard-brick/ . I think you should discuss it there, with the guy who spoke that it is a hardbrick guide.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. I should try and work with more coffee. It was not my intention to cause such harm. The post has been removed.