DHD in the Philippines

Search This thread

junta_mpb

Oct 21, 2010
I think most of the users with problems modify their units. It's funny that some blame HTC for update problems despite them using other ROM's and installing an update that assumes you are using stock.

Sent from my Desire HD

junta_mpb

Oct 21, 2010
Battery update. 13 and a half hours of massive usage and I'm down to 30%. Gps, internet, 3g always on, Some wifi, lots of games and hell of a lot of pictures and upload is what I mean by massive.

I hope all of you have the same luck with you're DHD.

Sent from my Desire HD

junta_mpb

Oct 21, 2010
Immediately try the recommend battery conditioning in the general forum. I think it helps quite a bit.

Sent from my Desire HD

bratboo

Dec 20, 2009
Hi Guys, Just both my DHD last night! Any recommended Video Player app in Android Market that plays .avi and .mp4 files? Thanks!

Sep 30, 2010
hey guys, i already have a dhd for 3weeks already. My batt is more than expected. 2days with normal texting, games and calls. 1 day if you use the wifi and lots of games. Bought it from thailand, no problems encountered so far. Still learning how to utilize voice search and locations.
Great Phone!!!

ladyhaly

Jan 2, 2011
Gapan City
Now available at cmkcellphones.com for p29,990... A lot cheaper than srp:d

Damn... I got mine at one of the Bridgeway Shops at Greenhills for 40,500 Php. They removed the 8 GB MicroSD card that came with the phone so I had to pay 500 Php in order for the seller to give me an 8 GB MicroSD card. Mind you though... I was one of the first people who got my unit on November. =/ Was very eager to upgrade from a Samsung Omnia I and a Nokia E72.

Last edited:

junta_mpb

Oct 21, 2010
Damn... I got mine at one of the Bridgeway Shops at Greenhills for 40,500 Php. They removed the 8 GB MicroSD card that came with the phone so I had to pay 500 Php in order for the seller to give me an 8 GB MicroSD card. Mind you though... I was one of the first people who got my unit on November. =/ Was very eager to upgrade from a Samsung Omnia I and a Nokia E72.

I think I know the shop you bought it from. They were charging me 38k for it last December. No warranty to boot. I really dont understand why they would sell an item without warranty ABOVE SRP. Its missing a "component" and costs more? I just turned around and left.

Jacob1369

Apr 17, 2010
Makati
I think I know the shop you bought it from. They were charging me 38k for it last December. No warranty to boot. I really dont understand why they would sell an item without warranty ABOVE SRP. Its missing a "component" and costs more? I just turned around and left.

Supply and demand... All of us who bought the DHD at 30+ will soon feel a little disappointed when it officially sells in Fil stores. Much like my HD2, bought it (mistakenly, I was too excited) at InfoMax Parksquare for 55 large (they were the first to carry it, same as the N1, without warranty) :eek: and I was only able to sell it for 18 (to a happy camper since NAND is available now)... A brand new HD2 is 22k now so I was still lucky.

DHD does feel like it'll surpass the HD2's funfactor... 2656 in Quadrant scores (with SetCPU@ 1458MHz and Clockwork Recovery) :D

junta_mpb

Oct 21, 2010
Supply and demand... All of us who bought the DHD at 30+ will soon feel a little disappointed when it officially sells in Fil stores. Much like my HD2, bought it (mistakenly, I was too excited) at InfoMax Parksquare for 55 large (they were the first to carry it, same as the N1, without warranty) :eek: and I was only able to sell it for 18 (to a happy camper since NAND is available now)... A brand new HD2 is 22k now so I was still lucky.

DHD does feel like it'll surpass the HD2's funfactor... 2656 in Quadrant scores (with SetCPU@ 1458MHz and Clockwork Recovery) :D

I can understand supply and demand, but the supply has to be on par with whats supposed to be included in the SRP package. In effect, the item is an incomplete product. If it was 35k++ with warranty, even if its store warranty, I would go for it at the time but 35k++ w/o is unacceptable for me as a consumer.

Anyways, the price drop is pretty normal for gadgets and I agree with you that we should keep our mindset to include the context to keep ourselves from always regretting our purchaces.

On another note, I am enjoying the fact the we seem to be building a small community for the DHD users in the Philippines. I hope everyone will be quick to help each other out when the time comes.

Cheers!

Jacob1369

Apr 17, 2010
Makati
Go DHD Phils!

I can understand supply and demand, but the supply has to be on par with whats supposed to be included in the SRP package. In effect, the item is an incomplete product. If it was 35k++ with warranty, even if its store warranty, I would go for it at the time but 35k++ w/o is unacceptable for me as a consumer.

Anyways, the price drop is pretty normal for gadgets and I agree with you that we should keep our mindset to include the context to keep ourselves from always regretting our purchaces.

On another note, I am enjoying the fact the we seem to be building a small community for the DHD users in the Philippines. I hope everyone will be quick to help each other out when the time comes.

Cheers!

I completely agree... I should have also quoted that its the unique supply and demand here in the Philippines. We don't even follow regular blue book value of anything "used", from cars to laptops... :eek:

Regardless, we've learned to adapt and manage to obtain our precious gadgets despite challenges... :D

And yes, its good to have a healthy community for DHD... we're overpowered by iP4s and SGSes which is good and all but IMHO, HTC builds more elegant and unique phones nowadays.

Go DHD Fil users! :cool:

junta_mpb

Oct 21, 2010
That's real tough. Were you able to get it working again?

Sent from my Desire HD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys! Any combo...kernel,radio,Rom that makes most of the battery?

Still in stock everything right now *grins*. Still too busy playing Eve Online hehehe.

And I think I like the idea of going kernel and radio first.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

For the Radio, you can go to this thread by Drakknar:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=877295

The one released on January 4th, 2011 is the most commonly recommended radio version atleast for Android Revolution, LeeDroid and CoreDroid ROMs. I'm using this version too.

On the other hand, Kamma and LeeDroid have already released their latest Kernels that incorporates the new performance enhancement that adds 600-700 in Quadrant Scores. You can find pretty much everything (ROM, Kernel, Radio, Extras, Instructions) in Post #1 of each thread.

LD: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=842802
    ARHD: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=840040
    CD: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=858418

Always read first before flashing. Since you're still in stock, I suggest you read jkoljo's guide to flashing:

Temp Root + Perma Root + Radio S-Off:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=857537
    Eng S-Off:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=855403

Then again, it's always up to you whether to root or not. :D
    updated my kernel to LD v 2.2.4 and this fixed my problem nice!!!

another question. how can i edit my widget.txt permissions to rw-r--r-- to change my toggles on power notification??? thanks

Try this if you have adb:
    1. Hook phone to PC (USB debugging should be on, select charge only)
    2. Open cmd, type:
    C:\Android-sdk-windows\tools>adb shell [Enter]
    $ su [Enter]
    # mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system [Enter]
    # chmod 777 /system/customize [Enter]
    # exit [Enter]
    $ exit [Enter]
    ***system is now mounted rw

3. Edit the .txt file and:
    - a. save (from Root Explorer etc.)
    - b. or push the edited .txt file via adb push widget.txt /system/customize [Enter]

restore the original directory permissions by:
    # chmod 755 /system/customize [Enter]
    (Restarting also remounts system back as RO)

Hope it helps :D
    Ill be on the road, check my posts, there's another thread that we discuss shutdown animation with instructions.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

@Schiso:

Here's the link, check post #22
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=11180477#post11180477

This will help setting up ADB:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=532719
    Otterbox Defender Series...

The Defender finally arrived! I was surprised how huge it was especially with the holster on but after a few hours of trying it, here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
    - Feels better on hand, definitely solid with maximum protection.
    - Built in screen membrane is responsive even with an existing SP.
    - Rubber is thicker than the Commuter series.
    - Polycarbonate shell snaps on perfectly.
    - Dropped it a couple of times from waist length to test and phone survives without scuff.
    - Included case is versatile and actually makes more sense to use to holster and dock. Works best on both portrait and landscape :D
    - Turns DHD into a formidable weapon against perps!
    - Protects DHD when your girlfriend sees questionable messages...lol (will survive if thrown out the window)
    - Port access is still logical same as the Commuter but flap is definitely much more durable.
    - Good solution when wearing boardshorts...

Cons:
    - Heavy! (but perfect for me, might be too heavy for a lot of users)
    - Obvious bulk and not pocketable, unless you have hip hop pants... lol (use the holster)
    - Learning curve on tapping the sides of the screen since the polycarbonate shell adds about half a cm of protection but limits access a bit.
    - Built in screen protector/membrane is glossy... natural enemy of my moisturized hands.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. It makes the DHD an even bigger monster. More importantly, the holster allows me to prop the phone on my office table, car etc... Pretty convenient when watching videos and such.

The "daddy" holster actually doesn't look like those leather belt clip-type things, looks more like a head turner when clipped to your backpocket... (I've been asked by 4 strangers during lunch...)

I'd say a good purchase from Amazon for 29US including shipping. Definitely worth the wait (more than 30 days). Now I can let someone else enjoy the Commuter (if luthor's still interested) while I bring my DHD combat style :D

Here's a pic... Sorry for the poor quality, taken from an SGS :p
    Android marketing in general is crap here. It's seen as a cheap, rip-off to apple products, which is just sad.

Philippines Android = Galaxy 5, Optimus One, Apad, other iPad rip-offs.

There are little groups that know Android but it needs a community.

I've been an iPhone user for almost 5 years only to switch to Android. In my own humble opinion, iOS pales in comparison to Android mainly because of fucntionality and price. The only downside, for now, is the number of apps you have in the Market as compared to the long-running AppStore. That's probably because Android has a wide variety of hardware specs from low end to the elite models so developers aren't really encourage to release an app that would only run on some higher end models. :(

I think our kababayans have the wrong mentality for Android. They think too highly for any iPhone and majority of them don't even have an idea what an Android is. I'd say some appreciate elegance and beauty more than what's under the hood. :)

As I see it, starting from the recent CES 2011 and the upcoming MWC 2011, Android will consume us all!! :D