FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

changeScreen v2.78! -- (screen rotation app)

795 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By 600GOL, Senior Member on 3rd January 2009, 05:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th July 2009, 08:00 PM |#631  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adspon

* BUG - not working with panorama background, in home, when i try to rotate my HTC Diamond he did for a sec (at the right it's "pixel fighing") and return to normal.

i didn't try whitout panorama...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adspon

Youtube aplication not working...

im using HTC Diamond, Windows mobile 6.1, TF3D (first version basic one...)

googlemaps app working, facebook app working... ill test msn and skype 3.0 tomorrow

^^ what is panorama background? And what exactly happens with the youtube application?
10th July 2009, 08:01 PM |#632  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantillon

Hi...

Very good Application... thank you very much.

I have a HD running on Duttys 3.9 std, and I think it is running on Manila2 (TouchFLO 3D 2.1) ... so trying to answer your request, your software runs good and smoothly here, no complains, actually Dutty changed to your application (from flipit!) because since he upgraded to 2.1 from 2.0 the "others" didn't perform as well as yours (as I read in the forum)

Hope I help a bit.

Thanks for letting me know. Glad it works well for you! New version will be out sometime this weekend so be sure to check for the update!
10th July 2009, 08:04 PM |#633  
Thanks Meter: 221

More
Hey,

I just installed Mobile Shell 3 on my phone and the rotation is extremely slow on it, I mean like 5sec+ slow.
For me this isn't really a problem because I don't use my phone in landscape on the today/home screens, so I added an exception for it, but I just thought I'd inform you of this.
I don't know if it can be fixed or not, but there does exist such a complication :D

Brilliant app and keep up the great work :D \o/
10th July 2009, 08:05 PM |#634  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600GOL

New version will be out sometime this weekend so be sure to check for the update!

That is awesome! What changes/additions will be in the new release?
10th July 2009, 10:56 PM |#635  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equalizer7882

Hi Guys,

Just a simple question.Where should i put the largetitlebar.dll to after unzipping it? I guess it's windows folder on my device,isn't it?! But as i try to copy the dll it says that I don't have the permisson or it's being used by another program...
(stopped changescreen for this reason but nothing changed)

anyone an idea???

Thx for a short answer buddies

Ben

Same problem here, anyone care to let us in on the secret?
Cheers
11th July 2009, 07:16 AM |#636  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Terrible

Hey,

I just installed Mobile Shell 3 on my phone and the rotation is extremely slow on it, I mean like 5sec+ slow.
For me this isn't really a problem because I don't use my phone in landscape on the today/home screens, so I added an exception for it, but I just thought I'd inform you of this.
I don't know if it can be fixed or not, but there does exist such a complication :D

Brilliant app and keep up the great work :D \o/

I dunno dude - SPB Mobile Shell is an intense app (graphically). There is a lot to redraw when rotating the screen which is probably why it takes so long...

Quote:

That is awesome! What changes/additions will be in the new release?

The new release will have an easier Advanced tab layout. It will also allow the people who can't get changeScreen to use their light sensor correctly to adjust the light sensor value. You will also have the option put the device into suspend mode OR only shut the screen off on face down or reverse portrait. You can also specify a sound to play when changeScreen shut off the screen.

Thats really it. There were some minor issues that I fixed a while back when they were 1st brought to my attantion but I really can't remember what they were!
11th July 2009, 07:16 AM |#637  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygie

Cheers

Please help this guy out! ^^I'd let you know what to do if I knew!!
11th July 2009, 08:23 AM |#638  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygie

Cheers

You have to go into your Windows folder with Total Commander or Resco Explorer then look for the LargeTitleBar.dll file and rename it to LargeTitleBar.dll.bak, then you can copy the new file into the Windows folder, soft reset and Bob's your uncle. You can then go and either delete the "largetitlebar.dll.bak" or you can copy it somewhere else for safe keeping as a backup. I would recommend keeping it safe, though :D
11th July 2009, 01:21 PM |#639  

More
Quote:

You have to go into your Windows folder with Total Commander or Resco Explorer then look for the LargeTitleBar.dll file and rename it to LargeTitleBar.dll.bak, then you can copy the new file into the Windows folder, soft reset and Bob's your uncle. You can then go and either delete the "largetitlebar.dll.bak" or you can copy it somewhere else for safe keeping as a backup. I would recommend keeping it safe, though :D

Thank you very much Resco explorer is in my list of installs

Cheers
11th July 2009, 10:51 PM |#640  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:

Great explanation! thanks
14th July 2009, 10:46 AM |#641  
Melbourne

More
Having used the software for sometime, just want to share some of my findings:

I found that it is better to switch off the HTC G-Sensor to avoid duplicate actions of screen rotation by the changeScreen software.

Manila (from TFL3D2 running WM6.5) is still a bit slow for me so I put that into Exception list so that it stays in portrait position (first checkbox). I don't really care about using Manila in landscape mode.

I also put camera in the exception list (no boxes checked) and also put that above the manila exception.

The above solved 2 bugs:
1. Landscape photo will now display landscape (instead of portrait) at the Manila Photos Tab.
2. Zooming of landscape photo while holding the phone horizontally no longer have screen redraw problem.

These 2 bugs have been annoying me for a long time. Really happy that I now have these sorted.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)