[Q] Recommended SetCPU Settings for HTC Desire

Search This thread

Walter1115

Nov 12, 2010
I want to over clock my HTC Desire using Set CPU

What should my max over clocking be , and what temperature should my CPU run at to be safe ?

I'm currently using the RCMixHD kernel.

Last edited:
E

eden2812

Depends on your kernel.

Also, li-ion batteries are designed for use around 20c-60c, but as it goes past 40c, I think it has higher discharge rate.

davebugyi

Mar 16, 2010
Bratislava
www.myspace.com
Depends on your phone & kernel combo - 1113 Mhz is stable for the most of the people.
I suggest playing around with and test it - 1113+ is OK for some, but if you'll get reboots and the phone gets hot, then it is not recommended.
Also if you are OCing, you'll get more power, but worse battery life.

Meaple

Nov 5, 2008
Bradford
I have Coutts 2.6.38 kernel and it allows me to underclock to 128MHz and 1190MHz overclock and I use ondemand since games don't like other governers. The underclock is bloody great to have as it consumes bugger all battery life and kind of balances out the overclock. However, as nagypapi said, you might not be able to get these speeds since your phone might get hot or reboot. I think people fail to realise that not all devices are the same and what works for one person, might not work for another.

Evil_Cid

Dec 30, 2010
Surrey
Max. clock should depend on kernel support(if the kernel supports it, then that's your maximum clock). As for temperature, I have a profile on SetCPU which down-clocks the CPU when the temperature reading goes above 36 degree celsius. All other times it works between 806MHz-245MHz OnDemand.

bono2804

Jan 12, 2011
Cambridge
I want to over clock my HTC Desire using Set CPU

What should my max over clocking be , and what temperature should my CPU run at to be safe ?

I'm currently using the RCMixHD kernel.
Sort of goes without saying that the higher the CPU cycles the more battery juice your phone will consume and the quicker your battery will drain. I use GingerVillain which supports speeds 128Mhz - 1113mhz and using Richard Trips 2.0b OC kernel (based 2.6.37.4) seems to keep battery alive for a good 24hrs. If it's any help my SetCPU profiles are as follows :

On Charge : 128-1113 performance govenor
Sleep/Standby : 128-576 conservative
Battery < 100% : 128-998 performance
Battery < 75% : 128-883 ondemand
Battery < 30% : 128-652 ondemand
Failsafe Temp > 45.1c : 128-768 conservative

Seems to give me a good balance of speed and battery life, but would be interested to hear from anyone else that thinks my settings are wrong, always looking to improve my phone!

k3lcior

Feb 23, 2011
Kraków
Moto G5
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Sort of goes without saying that the higher the CPU cycles the more battery juice your phone will consume and the quicker your battery will drain. I use GingerVillain which supports speeds 128Mhz - 1113mhz and using Richard Trips 2.0b OC kernel (based 2.6.37.4) seems to keep battery alive for a good 24hrs. If it's any help my SetCPU profiles are as follows :

Seems to give me a good balance of speed and battery life, but would be interested to hear from anyone else that thinks my settings are wrong, always looking to improve my phone!

I would like to try this settings, but could you please also add priorities for each setting?
Also what is your main governor? (when you startup SetCPU)

Other thing i dont understand why people use such high cpu freq for battery charging (when its charging and im never using phone then, isnt it better to put some low freq. and power saving profile?)
Same about Standy/Screen off.

Last edited:

bono2804

Jan 12, 2011
Cambridge
I know some roms/kernels have issues with dropping to 128 but my rom seems quite happy with it. I use higher CPU on charge and with battery above 75% to give me the performance when I have the most charge. When my phone boots it will adjust CPU according to battery life or charging profile. The settings seems to work fine for me although battery does drain quicker when I have it fully charged but that's my own fault for setting the performance govenor when I have high charge!

junjihoon

May 16, 2011
Ho Chi Minh

I'm using your way! thanks!

Reactions: arronov

asim.sidz

No!

Using any CPU frequency that is not default ( underclocked or overclocked ) requires testing and manipulating the various variables. The CPU needs to be in sync with the GPU and the other parameters. Needs modifications in the kernel itself. The device is not made to run at those frequencies. You will burn your device, sooner or later.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm using your way! thanks!