FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM/4.2.2] [June 03 2013] VJ CM10.1 | Jelly Bean 4.2.2 - v6.3 Stock/Sense/Data++

754 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,438
 
By vijendrahs, Senior Member on 28th December 2012, 06:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th December 2012, 09:04 AM |#21  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
I'm gonna be trying out this very-very soon Is the separate Google apps installer aroma enabled? Because I'll try to fit this into a data++ partition (removing some fonts, apks, ringtones, etc), and I don't want to install Google Now - not using it, and it's a huge waste of precious megabytes on system, if I can't select it not to install in aroma.

VJ, thanks for giving us new ROMs to play on our rusty old Desire. I've been using your ROMs since they came out, and they're amazing. They make my Desire feel a lot less old
 
 
29th December 2012, 09:09 AM |#22  
djfm's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag VLAARDINGEN
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
Thumbs up
Great rom !!!
very smooth after the wallpaper and animation settings.

a few tiny things things :

When i remove the permanent search bar, there stay's an empty space above the icons, it wont fill up.
when i wake up the phone i see 2 lines on the left and right of the screen for a second.
Apollo won't shut down immediately when i exit the app.
success in further developing and improving this rom
29th December 2012, 09:25 AM |#23  
pesamurai's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rimini, East Coast
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
genius.
no other words about you.
you're a f****in' genius.
thanks 4 all, this ROM is amazing.
29th December 2012, 09:31 AM |#24  
dvsk69's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 433
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djfm

when i wake up the phone i see 2 lines on the left and right of the screen for a second.

Apollo won't shut down immediately when i exit the app

Thats the new 4.2 jellybean screen lock. You can add any widgets for ex gmail, etc. to the left and right and check them without unlocking the phone.

Apollo us working fine here


Sent from my HTC Desire
29th December 2012, 09:46 AM |#25  
Senior Member
Flag Veneto
Thanks Meter: 222
 
More
LED notification works for me, at least for sms, it is sufficient to go to settings -> system -> pulse notification light; then change the notification color from white to green.
I have then put "normal/normal" for lenght and speed, and unchecked "use custom values" (but it may not be mandatory).
---
Even in 4.2.1 sometimes vibration on messages, screen unlock, etc. simply doesn't work, then it works again for some time, and then stops working again. I may have solved using audio manager, but I'm still not sure if it is some kind of software problem (I do not recall to had such problems with gb and ics roms) or it's a hardware one.
---
Battery seems to work very well on idle (89%->84% in 8 hours), while seems to suck a little bit too much with wifi turned on (84%->80% in half an hour ). I'm currently using on demand governor (245-998), if someone is using different governor / values and don't have such problems, please tell me.
---
Gallery doesn't have any setting available (just a black screen), and this means I can't sync with Google photo; with the 4.2 gallery I used previously I had this option... I've tried to flash it but nothing changed.
---
Google voice commands (like "call") don't seem to work, but I haven't tried them so much... Nor I use them so much. I confirm that voice dialler remains idle.
---
Excellent smoothness, no FC or screen freezes for now.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aledex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aledex Ad-Free
29th December 2012, 10:27 AM |#26  
Senior Member
Flag Helsinki
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aledex

LED notification works

Confirmed as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aledex

Battery seems to work very well on idle (89%->84% in 8 hours), while seems to suck a little bit too much with wifi turned on (84%->80% in half an hour ). I'm currently using on demand governor (245-998), if someone is using different governor / values and don't have such problems, please tell me.

I´m a battery- anal person, and spend most of my time tweaking the possibilities to save it. Don´t ask me why, it´s just my nature, I guess. I use SmartassV2 and I/O is Deadline (because as others have said too, it cannot be changed for some reason). Using Battery Monitor Widget and BBS, my screen off- consumption is about 0.3- 1% per hour and screen on- consumption about 7- 9% when staying at home screen. (If I have BT/ Wifi/ 3G/ Music streaming in the background, it´s still roughly the same.) Wifi just on, adding consumption roughly 11% per hour is clearly indicating that something is happening behind your back. Was the screen off with wi-fi? Check out sync settings with different apps, you might be surprised. Or get Power Tutor to see what´s using your wifi.

My only complaint is (besides no working tethering) that there´s so little left of the phone storage with this package. Having some HEAVY troubles to fit all my mandatory apps to the phone, even with Link2SD and all sorts of tweaking/ moving.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Henu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Henu Ad-Free
29th December 2012, 10:33 AM |#27  
panpjp's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 92
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012katas

tested asphalt 7...................no more gb for games....................HEAVEN...........TY VJ for ur awesome work

Our Desire can play Asphalt 7? :what:

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app
29th December 2012, 10:42 AM |#28  
Senior Member
Flag Veneto
Thanks Meter: 222
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henu

I´m a battery- anal person, and spend most of my time tweaking the possibilities to save it. Don´t ask me why, it´s just my nature, I guess. I use SmartassV2 and I/O is Deadline (because as others have said too, it cannot be changed for some reason). Using Battery Monitor Widget and BBS, my screen off- consumption is about 0.3- 1% per hour and screen on- consumption about 7- 9% when staying at home screen. (If I have BT/ Wifi/ 3G/ Music streaming in the background, it´s still roughly the same.) Wifi just on, adding consumption roughly 11% per hour is clearly indicating that something is happening behind your back. Was the screen off with wi-fi? Check out sync settings with different apps, you might be surprised. Or get Power Tutor to see what´s using your wifi.

Ahah me too, at least in the past! I had sync turned off, maybe it is just the rom which takes some time to stabilize battery consumption after a full wipe I will wait for a while to see what happens.
Quote:

My only complaint is (besides no working tethering) that there´s so little left of the phone storage with this package. Having some HEAVY troubles to fit all my mandatory apps to the phone, even with Link2SD and all sorts of tweaking/ moving.

Try Mounts2SD and see if it helps... Having a class 4 mobile ultra SD I also selected data, and thus I still have 107mb free on internal... At this very moment I have not noticed any slowdown yet, I want to wait and see if it gives me any problem after some usage.
29th December 2012, 10:44 AM |#29  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Which base use this rom? Last evervolv or the Nikez one?
29th December 2012, 11:05 AM |#30  
Senior Member
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arquitekno

Which base use this rom? Last evervolv or the Nikez one?

Nikez is part of the evervolv team...

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app
29th December 2012, 11:18 AM |#31  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
As much as I tried, I couldn't fit this into a data++ HBOOT, so now I'll try a Jelly HBOOT (210 mb system, 5 mb cache, rest is data).

Is there a smaller LatinIME.apk for Jelly Bean? Most of the keyboards I tried don't work, If they're flashed with the ROM they just force close (( And the smallest apk I could find was like 12 mb, there must be something smaller... I don't really want any features from it, for daily I use swype, but I need a keyboard after rom flashing, just until I set up the phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes