cm7 is in a development stage and for the first installation i recommend to:
1) install rom
2) reboot, skip setup wizard and setup your access point
3) reboot recovery and install gapps
4) start and follow setup wizard, when requested select desired gapps to be downloaded from market
Battery drain issue:
Set wifi sleep policy to never
settings -> wireless & networks -> wifi settings
press menu -> advanced and set wifi sleep policy to Never
press menu -> save
Switching RIL is cause of know network problem:
* Unable to make a network scan
* Data connection die on asleep (only for some carrier)
CM7 HBOOT by Alpharev
| xda thread
Change partition table size 130/5/302 (system/cache/size)
Require nightly #18 or newer
1) Nandroid backup in recovery.
2) Verify the MD5SUM of the file you downloaded against the one in the table.
3) Flash HBOOT with your phone in fastboot mode (Back+POWER) -> 'fastboot flash hboot bravo_alphaspl-cm7.img'
4) 'fastboot reboot-bootloader'
5) 'fastboot erase cache'
6) Boot recovery, wipe everything, advanced restore system & data, install CM7 again (same version or a newer one).
Legacy App2SD Addon:
CyanogenMod do not officially support a2sd, i'm working on it because desire (not only) desperatly need it (cutted down Firerat script)
Bootloop free: bind mount do not cause bootloop
Zero Maintenance: no maintenance required after ROM update
Other a2sd can be used, this is just the easiest way: use recovery to partition your SD then install cm7_legacy_a2sd_rX-signed.zip
By default only App will be moved on SD
Optionally Cache and Data can be moved to SD, but is not recommended (guide
Require GB Nightly #7 or newer
It's recommended to set the install location to "Internal" under Settings -> CyanogenMod -> Application Settings -> Install location
Before install check if /sd-ext is mounted, "quick system info" under A2SD Storage should report Total and Free space, if it report "information not available" format sd-ext from recovery.
r3: improved installation process (i hope)
r2: added data2sd and cache2sd as options
r1: first release
General App2SD Q&A:
Q: A2SD is recommended?
A: Internal storage perform better than SD, install A2SD only when low disk space warning happen
Q: How to check if is working?
df -h | grep /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
output should be
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 751.9M 146.9M 566.8M 21% /sd-ext
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 751.9M 146.9M 566.8M 21% /data/app
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 751.9M 146.9M 566.8M 21% /data/app-private
Q: I have installed a2sd addon but now i get low space warning again, why?
A: by default a2sd addon move only app, this is fine for most user but some user with more application have to move also cache and/or data.
Cache2SD can be enabled with
reboot when prompted
All alpharev's hboot are compatible except the oxygen version
CM7 version is recommended ~270MB for app (stock 110MB, N1 195MB)
Perform automatic backups of files in /system/ while (re-)flashing CyanogenMod