[ROM] [AOSP] Liquid Jelly Bean [Alpha6]

Search This thread

JavaKrypt

Aug 14, 2011
Liverpool
www.javakrypt.com
I really like this. I'm using tablet mode and so far there's only 2 little things that aren't big, but need tweaking.

On the Notification bar is says "settings" next to the Wifi name - its not needed because it just wastes space. The whole space is an expandable button. The space it wastes means there isn't any battery icon too.

Good ROM!

Reactions: nliu0704

gokart2

Sep 21, 2011
Detroit
Moto Z2 Force
Google Pixel 6
I'm not sure flash works in stock browser. I have yet to get it to work. Only in Firefox and opera I can get it to work.

Chrome doesn't have flash support

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

No, but mass storage is a thing of the past. Use airdroid or mtp. Both work just as good.

What if you don't have wifi except through your phone....which would be tethered to the PC already for internet. Mass storage is very nice feature to have. Plug in. Drag and drop. Unplug and go. Does mass storage/usb toggle work on any of the recoveries?

Vidfreek

Jan 10, 2012
Very good ROM so far, smooth, quick and no issues using it all day today, looks like it can only get better, very nice!

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 using xda premium

DroidHam

Aug 8, 2010
Akron, OH
Absolutely ridiculous

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1343694754719.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1343694754719.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 553

brizey

Aug 6, 2011

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

What if you don't have wifi except through your phone....which would be tethered to the PC already for internet. Mass storage is very nice feature to have. Plug in. Drag and drop. Unplug and go. Does mass storage/usb toggle work on any of the recoveries?

You can drag and drop with MTP. It is better than mass storage because it does not have to unmount from android. Mass storage is dead.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

gokart2

Sep 21, 2011
Detroit
Moto Z2 Force
Google Pixel 6
You can drag and drop with MTP. It is better than mass storage because it does not have to unmount from android. Mass storage is dead.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

But does it need wifi/internet to work? I found a bluetooth app share application, that may work for me. Transfer from nexus to phone , then to PC. I just need a somewhat easy way to get stuff from the nexus to the PC, and I'm used to usb mass from my phone. I'm kinda limited as I don't have internet or wifi at my house. I use a tether app from my phone for my PC. I appologize if I sound somewhat noob, cause for this device I am. I haven't even ordered it yet. My wife wants a kindle fire, and it's not going to happen. I'd rather get this hands down. But....I'm waiting until around August 8th to see if the Fire 2 releases, or to see what the specs are. I'm still almost 99% sure I'm getting her the nexus regardless. It's just hard because her b-day is the 18th, and she wants the damn fire. LOL, plus I have to get it, root it, install the recovery, then a kernel....possible a mild custom rom before I wrap it and give it to her...lmfao.

antiochasylum

Recognized Contributor

I'm well aware chrome doesn't support flash, this doesn't include chrome, it includes the stock browser, like I said.

MTP works just as well if not better that mass storage for me. If you don't have wifi then why have a tablet that's wifi only??

gokart2

Sep 21, 2011
Detroit
Moto Z2 Force
Google Pixel 6
I'm well aware chrome doesn't support flash, this doesn't include chrome, it includes the stock browser, like I said.
I appologize for misunderstanding you.:eek:

MTP works just as well if not better that mass storage for me. If you don't have wifi then why have a tablet that's wifi only??

Why not? Same reason I have a PC without internet, a knee and wakeboard without a boat, and a million tools I've only needed once. Mainly just ****s-n-giggles.:good:

Reactions: antiochasylum

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    liquid-smooth.png

Liquid Jelly Bean - Alpha 6
    Liquid now in Jelly Bean Flavours

Public Alphas for the first time with Jelly Bean!

Features :
    Extremely responsive, slim, resource friendly UI
    Team Liquid & Team Trinity has joined together featuring morfic's latest & greatest built in!
    Backup/Restore configurations so you can reflash and retain your personal UI/ROM customizations
    Now Includes 5 Lockscreen targets
    Center clock mod/customizable Color
    Customizable battery icons
    PropModder, a new convient way to edit your build.prop
    Native Overclocking Perfromance Utility
    Weather and Calendar on Lockscreen
    SuperSU installed by default
    Notification Bar Toggles
    Notification Count in Status Bar
    OpenRecoverySupport
    And Much much more!

========================================================================================================

It is with great pleasure that we are here to announce the arrival of Liquid - Jelly Bean v2.0 is without a doubt a Milestone release for us. It brings to the table unmatched customization & user- control, while providing excellent battery life, rock strength stability, & speed only a Liquid Smooth Rom could deliver. It truly marks a step towards the goal of our project *to bring slim & flawless firmware to the toro / maguro & to get the utmost out of your "phone!" A very big thank you to our beta testers & IRC channel community members / Liquid Smooth family, as well as all of you here at XDA! The entire Team is stoked about this release & we are certain that you'll love it, to! Please, enjoy! Also, stay tuned, as 2.0 is in the works...

You can talk to the devs @ irc.freenode.net #liquids channel.

========================================================================================================

Screenshots

n71.png

n72.png

n73.png

n74.png

n75.png

n76.png

n77.png

n78.png

n79.png

Download Links:

Liquid JB v2.0 Alpha6
    MAINDL: http://goo.gl/5PnwT
    GApps are included.

Like our ROMs? Buy us a beer:

Liquid : http://goo.gl/so2Zx
    nocoast : http://bit.ly/HRA3Kc
    hiemanshu: http://goo.gl/WdglP
    Jbird: http://goo.gl/oMZ15

Also would like to thank CyanogenMod for the help with some parts of the mods that make this ROM what it is.​
    Same here except I can't find the gapps... Care to share a link?

Except Google Now, everything looks like to be in working order! Nice job guys!

Install the goo beta app in the market. Then look through the downloads for gapps. I think the latest is the 07242012 build. Worked great for me.

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    I feel like an idiot here, but just installed this and can't find how to set Tablet Mode? Little help would be appreciated.

By the way, installed the first Beta version after multiple wipes, cache clears, and dalvik clears too. Installed with no problems and seems very slick! Just want to set Tablet Mode before restoring all the apps.

Cheers.

I posted this on my blog the other day. Skip the rest and go to the bottom of the post. http://blog.javakrypt.com/2012/07/29/252/

HTC HD2
    Google Nexus 7