Anker 1900mah battery

Search This thread

akrod2as

Jun 11, 2010
After holding off forever on my launch day evo3d and getting sick of having to charge my phone at work and potentially missing a call from the wife in an emergency I decided to buy an anker battery. Holy cow. My tired nearly 2 year old battery was definitely worn. Before I'd get around 1 hour and 45 mins of screen on before I'd have to charge. I'm currently at 1 hour 12 minutes and have 71 percent left. Earlier today I stressed it and got to 2 hours 46 minutes screen on and was at 51 percent. Definite improvement. When ICS first came to our phones I noticed a big improvement over battery life and I've strived to get that back changing ROMs kernels etc. Finally bit the bullet and got a new battery.

Point is: if you are getting poor battery life and you have over a year old battery get a new one. I don't trust most batteries listed but this anker is good in my book. I will keep this thread updated for a while. Once I upgrade this phone will be my 3 year olds phone for playing bowling and other little things that stimulate his growing mind.

akrod2as

Jun 11, 2010
Well. Running latest dastin cm10.1 with buttered toast 16.4 at 1188 max iland xondemand I'm getting around 2 hours 50 minutes screen on. Usually around 30 percent at that point. Trying not to drain this battery completely. Either way, happy as hell with my phone battery life now.

VIRGIN KLM

Feb 27, 2013
Well my phone isn't over 1 year old but I feel the need to have atleast a second battery as a backup for LOOONG trips etc.
Since I tried the bulky battery packs from some friends and I found them terribly unpractical despite what the internet has to say about them, I would only but a battery that fits the stock case but offers bigger capacity than the one that comes from and it won't be a battery that is so bad quality that it's performance will drop in like one week, so I was considering Anker. My question is, is there any -PROVEN- to be better (capacity and quality wise) than Anker even if you have to forget completely the price? I'd be happy to spend a little more on a larger capacity battery that is good quality as far as it fits the stock casing.

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
My question is, is there any -PROVEN- to be better (capacity and quality wise) than Anker even if you have to forget completely the price? I'd be happy to spend a little more on a larger capacity battery that is good quality as far as it fits the stock casing.
Mugen Power batteries are usually considered the premium solution for cell phones and this one that fits the Evo 3D with the stock cover claims to have a little more capacity than the Anker model. I don't have either so I can't really give you any feedback on that, but for $46 on Amazon I think I'd rather go with the Anker two pack and charger for $30 on Amazon or the EC Technology equivalent for $18 on Amazon and pocket the change.

Edit: Here's a review of the Mugen Power battery by an Evo 3D user.

ramjet73

Last edited:

VIRGIN KLM

Feb 27, 2013
Mugen Power batteries are usually considered the premium solution for cell phones and this one that fits the Evo 3D with the stock cover claims to have a little more capacity than the Anker model. I don't have either so I can't really give you any feedback on that, but for $46 on Amazon I think I'd rather go with the Anker two pack and charger for $30 on Amazon or the EC Technology equivalent for $18 on Amazon and pocket the change.

ramjet73
Thanx, this was exactly what I was thinking. Also since the battery is not tested I don't want to do experiemnts with my money for just 50mAh...

ThePanorama

Feb 28, 2013
I've recently purchased a MugenPower 1950mAh battery for my Evo 3D. I's supposed to be delivered some day in April. I will post the results of the usage as soon as I get it. One thing must be said, it's not a cheap battery. But I just want to forget battery issues on my Evo and enjoy a whole day playing with it!

Reactions: ramjet73

Yndi

Nov 12, 2011
I've this on (the anker).
I would say it's quite the same perfomance as the original battery.
I got a pack of two vor 10€. Awesome price in my opinion.

Xerc

Apr 18, 2013
Also looking for replacement battery, as right now I charge 2-3 times a day on the stock 2 yr old batt.. curious about Mugen Batt, but anker seems tested and proven.. for $30 you get 2 batt with charger at amazon.. Hope the Mugen users out there comment about it before i can order the anker for comparison. :)

Using Ballistic cases, so bulky batt aint no option.. :)

gonk24

Mar 7, 2011
I've been using the Anker 1900 for a 1 1/2 months and it's excellent. I'm running DU 4.2.2 ROM with Mirage kernel. Speeds are set at 384/1188. The stock battery after 2 years would be darn near dead half way through the day with moderate use. This Anker lasts me the entire day with the same usage. I'm on twitter, web, calls, texting, taking pictures, and game here and there. There's been many nights when I plug it in with 30% or so left. I'll take a look tonight and get times, etc and post back.

donkeykong1

Aug 6, 2012
Sesvete, Zagreb
I got my Anker yesterday evening. 8 AM this morning, i took my phone off charger and 12 hours later I'm on 48%. I'd say my use is moderate. Wifi is always on, mobile network on, lots of calls and some internet browsing. Pretty good for first charge. Oh, and my CPU is OCed to 1836MHz. Guys at Anker really know what they're doing :thumbup:
14 hours on battery with 3.5 hours screen on and still 28% to go :)

Last edited:

Hindo2

Oct 23, 2013
Don't know if anyone's here been using RavPower. I have heard quite a few times these days. Checked on their amazon store and find that their price is cheaper than Anker, what about the quality?

tossici

Dec 4, 2012
Atlanta
I just picked up the Anker battery for $17 on Amazon. Although capacity rating isn't much higher than stock I find that it definitely holds a charge longer and the drop off isn't nearly as fast. I'm on stock rom with MiRaGe kernel and a light user so I already get good battery life. But for the occasional trip I found that I can't get through the day on a full charge. So the anker give me some improvement without added bulk of a high capacity battery and for the few times I need it I now use the stock battery as a backup. At this price I would recommend picking one up.

DonKalli

Dec 5, 2013
In my opinion Thema Anker battery is Worth every Euro, just because does a way better Job than The Stock htc battery. Maybe it was just because my evo is a Bit old, but i Had to Charge it every 8 hours with Stock Rom which should have one of the best battery life. With my Anker its about 20-24 hours with regular usage :)

Gesendet von meinem HTC EVO 3D X515m mit Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My question is, is there any -PROVEN- to be better (capacity and quality wise) than Anker even if you have to forget completely the price? I'd be happy to spend a little more on a larger capacity battery that is good quality as far as it fits the stock casing.

Edit: Here's a review of the Mugen Power battery by an Evo 3D user.

ramjet73
    I've recently purchased a MugenPower 1950mAh battery for my Evo 3D. I's supposed to be delivered some day in April. I will post the results of the usage as soon as I get it. One thing must be said, it's not a cheap battery. But I just want to forget battery issues on my Evo and enjoy a whole day playing with it!