Xoom Heaven: Rooting, Roms, Kernels... You Name It! [Updated: 9/14]

Search This thread

Barsky

Aug 23, 2010
MintMobile
hmm. I've rooted a few tabs before (Acer a500, gal tab 10.1, asus transformer) but this is the first one that went south on me :)
Unlocking, a breeze.
Rooting following link on 1st post seems to have me just sitting on the Dual Core logo screen.
Do I need to whip out those returning to stock instructions? :\

StrifeSoldierVII

Mar 3, 2011
hmm. I've rooted a few tabs before (Acer a500, gal tab 10.1, asus transformer) but this is the first one that went south on me :)
Unlocking, a breeze.
Rooting following link on 1st post seems to have me just sitting on the Dual Core logo screen.
Do I need to whip out those returning to stock instructions? :\

I apologize if it didn't work. This was the method used when Honeycomb first came out back when it was 3.0. I am not aware of any other ways to root, and it should be the same for all. I have been rooted since the 3.0 days. There are 2 separate ways to root though depending on if you have the Wifi or the 3G model. The wrong root method will result in an softbrick, so please be sure you use the correct root method.

Last edited:

Barsky

Aug 23, 2010
MintMobile
I apologize if it didn't work. This was the method used when Honeycomb first came out back when it was 3.0. I am not aware of any other ways to root, and it should be the same for all. I'll look into, as I have been rooted since the 3.0 days.

No problem. Returning it to factory default was a breeze. It is now 3.01, so I will try again. Is 3.1 and 3.2 going to unroot it?

Reactions: StrifeSoldierVII

StrifeSoldierVII

Mar 3, 2011
The rooting your Xoom section now has proper links to the specific model and Honeycomb version. No problems should happen now. All versions are listed to prevent any confusion, bootloops, or softbricks. :)

Last edited:

Barsky

Aug 23, 2010
MintMobile
The rooting your Xoom section now has proper links to the specific model and Honeycomb version. No problems should happen now. All versions are listed to prevent any confusion, bootloops, or softbricks. :)

Just got past the rooting where I was stuck before. I had the wrong download. The file size was wrong.

Thanks again!!!

JCMX

Jun 19, 2011
I hope I didn't make a mistake with the build number for the 3.2 Wifi model... there's so many builds, and areas of the world. I'm trying to cover the US models... I may have matched it with the wrong build, as I have always had the 3G Xoom... I'm not too familiar with the Wifi builds. I'll double check these.

EDIT: Thanks! I did have the wrong build number for the stock 3.2 Wifi Rom. All fixed. I know I'm really tired, I mixed it up somehow.. lol. You'll be a-ok. I had the wrong build number but the link is correct. :)

Double check the build numbers for 3.2... My 3g Xoom build number just went to HTJ85B with the received update to 3.2.

Great thread! Thanks for all your work.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

champers

Feb 6, 2010
You have got to be a dozen kinds of stupid to use your tablet dataplan with wireless tether for root users.

StrifeSoldierVII

Mar 3, 2011
You have got to be a dozen kinds of stupid to use your tablet dataplan with wireless tether for root users.

Hmm... well although it is not directly related to the Xoom, this is a handy tool to have regardless. I have the 3G Xoom, but I do do have it activated for 3G use. Thus, when I'm away from home I use the tether app for root users on my phone to give my Xoom 3G access.

StrifeSoldierVII

Mar 3, 2011
The main post's suggestion to install it on your tablet.

Many apologies. I was trying to cram in as much information as fast as I could into this thread before I went away for a few days. I forgot about making a note about this... I am still away for another few days, but I will correct the main post and add in more information as soon as I get back.

I think a sticky is in order. ;)

Nice work.

Edit: And I'm very glad you did not post this in Development. :)

Thanks so much for making it into a sticky! Being away for a bit... I was afraid it would get lost in the long list of threads. :)

Oh, and of course I didn't put it in the Development section... I know better now. ;)

StrifeSoldierVII

Mar 3, 2011
Hi guys! Please continue to PM me stuff while I'm away, I appreciate that! And don't forget to post on this newly stickied thread thanks to you guys. :)

Also, I will be returning sometime around Monday night, which is the 15th. I'll be updating the thread at that time, no worries. Thanks all!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts