Tablet screen turns on, Alarm doesn't sound.

Search This thread

hbar98

Oct 11, 2010
I have a 2013 N7, stock rom, Glitch kernel... and a weird problem.

Occasionally, when my morning alarm is supposed to go off, it doesn't. The screen will turn on, the option to snooze or dismiss the alarm will show, but there is no sound.

The volume is all the way up, and if I start to play music or a video it will have sound... but the alarm will randomly be silent.

Has anyone ran into the issue before? Surely this wouldn't be a kernel issue, would it?

Any ideas?

goldflame09

Jul 23, 2012
CT
I have a 2013 N7, stock rom, Glitch kernel... and a weird problem.

Occasionally, when my morning alarm is supposed to go off, it doesn't. The screen will turn on, the option to snooze or dismiss the alarm will show, but there is no sound.

The volume is all the way up, and if I start to play music or a video it will have sound... but the alarm will randomly be silent.

Has anyone ran into the issue before? Surely this wouldn't be a kernel issue, would it?

Any ideas?

alarm sound is a totally different slider than the media volume, so while you may be able to play music, the alarm sound can be off. go into setting and sound and click on volumes and let me know what you see. alarm volume should be towards the bottom (i think)

hbar98

Oct 11, 2010
alarm sound is a totally different slider than the media volume, so while you may be able to play music, the alarm sound can be off. go into setting and sound and click on volumes and let me know what you see. alarm volume should be towards the bottom (i think)

You were correct, Alarms volume is at the bottom. Alarms volume is turned all the way up.