[STATUS:BUILT] Paranoid Android

Search This thread

Alunduyn

Mar 23, 2012
Have you ever heard about Paranoid Android?

paranoid.png

op-1_nexus.png

op-3_nexus.png

op-4_nexus.png

op-5_nexus.png

Well, I found it VERY interesting : it is cool and attractive and COOL!

As I found, Paranoid Android is based on CM9. And Galaxy Ace has a port of Paranoid Android working. So I think it is possible to port this for our Legend, isn't it?

I'm trying the port ( for now just for me. I'll ask permissions and give credits before releasing anything... If I'll ever release anything... ) . I found a "guide" ( it is not so clear, or at least, not so for me ) here, and I yet can't understand where I have to change the framework...

If anyone can help me, I would be very glad. Thanks.

Last edited:

smithchipz

Apr 5, 2012
Melbourne
I've seen this ROM in my adventures into other forums. The only thing I worry about is the screen size of our dear Legend. If you need help though, I'll be more than happy to lend a hand.

Sent from my Legend using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Alunduyn

Alunduyn

Mar 23, 2012
good luck
paranoid Android is one of my favorite roms of all time
tablet mode is really great, especially if you have a nice sized screen :)
(sorry I'm no help :( )

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Still thanks for your encouragement :) If you have the ROM on Galaxy Nexus, you could compare it after finished.

I've seen this ROM in my adventures into other forums. The only thing I worry about is the screen size of our dear Legend. If you need help though, I'll be more than happy to lend a hand.

Screen size shoudn't be a problem. galaxy Ace isn't bigger and has it on. We could just not use tablet mode in everything but only in some apps.

Actually, I really need help :) I'm new in Android development and I don't think that I can do this just on myself. I posted here for help :) I'm trying to understand what we have to do, if you can read the Topic and understand what we have to do, it would really help :) I'm also trying, but I discovered right now that my time is little in next few days, and I'm not sure to have understood rightly what we have to do :)

I found something like a "Paranoid Builder" here, but I don't know how to use it...

Still, we need zeubea's approvation to use his ROM as base.

smithchipz

Apr 5, 2012
Melbourne
I'm happy to help then :) I'm looking through the stuff you've linked now. I think I have a very basic understanding of how that Paranoid Builder would work, but not enough to try it. For now though, I'm just going to try out this porting guide and report back with results. Also, do you think you/we should open a thread in the Development section for this? :p

Alunduyn

Mar 23, 2012
I'm happy to help then :) I'm looking through the stuff you've linked now. I think I have a very basic understanding of how that Paranoid Builder would work, but not enough to try it. For now though, I'm just going to try out this porting guide and report back with results. Also, do you think you/we should open a thread in the Development section for this? :p

Really thanks for your help! It is more "We" than "Me" :) I've tried that guide right now, but I can't recompile the framework-res.apk. I'll try to solve the problem.

For the Post in dev section, Moderators always closes "Coming Soon" threads, so I think that we shouldn't until we've got hands on something.

We could even found a Team, it sounds more professional :D

ariadownload

Dec 30, 2011
Ilam
www.persiandl.net
Really thanks for your help! It is more "We" than "Me" :) I've tried that guide right now, but I can't recompile the framework-res.apk. I'll try to solve the problem.

For the Post in dev section, Moderators always closes "Coming Soon" threads, so I think that we shouldn't until we've got hands on something.

You can use the new version apk tool and recompile framework-res.apk

smithchipz

Apr 5, 2012
Melbourne
I've tried that guide right now, but I can't recompile the framework-res.apk. I'll try to solve the problem.

Have you managed to get it recompiled yet? I'm not even sure there are moderators for our forum anymore :p

I think the one I'm using is the lastest version of apktool. I downloaded it his morning.

Ah, WildfireS has an Alpha0 of this ROM. So it looks even more possible for Legend!

Are you using this apktool? Yay, well hopefully with some hard work we'll be able to get this ROM going for our phone. Is there anything you'd like me to do?

Alunduyn

Mar 23, 2012
Have you managed to get it recompiled yet? I'm not even sure there are moderators for our forum anymore :p
Not yet, I've been away from my PC all morning and afternoon. I'll try not comparing/syncing files with ViceVersa, because the problem looks to be some bad path. I'll tell you.

Yea, I haven't seen a MOD for a while. I think we should open a thread just when we have something made, even not-bootable, but something.

Are you using this apktool? Yay, well hopefully with some hard work we'll be able to get this ROM going for our phone. Is there anything you'd like me to do?

Yay, right that. As said before, I'm looking for any problem in ViceVersa, I don't think apktool has any problem.

Well, I'd like you to magically create this ROM :D But it obviously isn't so easy.
Still, this isn't just my project, if you want to help, you are part of this, and you don't have to report to me :) If this PORT will succeed, it won't be MY rom, it will be OUR rom : mine, yours and of everyone that wants to help :)

Alunduyn

Mar 23, 2012
I discovered that the recompiling problem is not in any of the 2 framework-res, or in other programs. Looks like Apktool if not well configured ( I'm searching what "well configured means" ) can't recompile. Maybe the problem is in java, not up to date, maybe in Android SDK, or in framework installed in APKTool. If anyone can offer more detailed informations, it would be very appreciated. If none can, I'll have to google a lot.

smithchipz

Apr 5, 2012
Melbourne
I think I've seen an apktool modified for ICS around, seeing as the proper one hasn't been updated in months. Can't find the link for it at the moment.

Edit: This looks promising.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Alunduyn

Mar 23, 2012
WONDERFUL! Thanks a lot! I tried with something fast ( I customized emoticons in my Keyboard ) and I've been able to recompile the apk following the steps!

I'm going to continue with the porting guide, thanks a lot!

Edit: I'm having a lot of troubles with recompiled keyboard ( it is half size, just 5.5mb instead of 12mb from the original, but I just changed some smilies ), so I'll test this method a little bit more before editing framework-res... I just want to be sure, this will be a ROM, not an app...

Last edited:
Reactions: smithchipz

ranger4740

Jan 17, 2011
Melbourne
WONDERFUL! Thanks a lot! I tried with something fast ( I customized emoticons in my Keyboard ) and I've been able to recompile the apk following the steps!

I'm going to continue with the porting guide, thanks a lot!

Edit: I'm having a lot of troubles with recompiled keyboard ( it is half size, just 5.5mb instead of 12mb from the original, but I just changed some smilies ), so I'll test this method a little bit more before editing framework-res... I just want to be sure, this will be a ROM, not an app...

If the option is available Try changing the compression level to 0 then the file size should be ok.

Sent from my HTC Legend using xda app-developers app

Alunduyn

Mar 23, 2012
I'm an idiot.

My mom always said me to read everything, until the end. And I just did not this time...

There are more instructions to follow. I did what they said and I recompiled correctly my keyboard. Now I can continue this project.

Thanks ranger, the problem was related to compression somehow, so you helped :)

Alunduyn

Mar 23, 2012
I DID IT!

Bootable Paranoid Android!

I don't know what's working and what's not, I don't have the time right now to check. I just saw the tablet view in settings!

I think this Topic can be closed or anything else. I'm going to fix the burocratic manners ( rights to Zeubea, rights to Paranoid Android and so on... )

If I'll get all the permissions, you'll see soon a Topic in Dev section.

Thanks everyone!!!

Reactions: smithchipz

smithchipz

Apr 5, 2012
Melbourne
I DID IT!

Bootable Paranoid Android!

I don't know what's working and what's not, I don't have the time right now to check. I just saw the tablet view in settings!

I think this Topic can be closed or anything else. I'm going to fix the burocratic manners ( rights to Zeubea, rights to Paranoid Android and so on... )

If I'll get all the permissions, you'll see soon a Topic in Dev section.

Thanks everyone!!!

Wow great job dude! Looking forward to seeing it in the dev section. If you need a tester, I'm available ;)

Alunduyn

Mar 23, 2012
I actually have a problem : I'm leaving very soon ( 3 days ) and my PC won't follow me. If I don't have replies for rights before I leave, I obviously won't post the ROM. But I will be away for 1 month, so I was thinking to give the ROM to you (smithchipz) or someone else who wants to help to keep it testing. If I leave, I will go back to a stable ROM, because I can't risk crashes while, by example, climbing.

So at least someone else than me will see this ROM soon :)

I'll keep you informed, many thanks to everyone wo helped :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I actually have a problem : I'm leaving very soon ( 3 days ) and my PC won't follow me. If I don't have replies for rights before I leave, I obviously won't post the ROM. But I will be away for 1 month, so I was thinking to give the ROM to you (smithchipz) or someone else who wants to help to keep it testing. If I leave, I will go back to a stable ROM, because I can't risk crashes while, by example, climbing.

So at least someone else than me will see this ROM soon :)

I'll keep you informed, many thanks to everyone wo helped :)
    good luck
    paranoid Android is one of my favorite roms of all time
    tablet mode is really great, especially if you have a nice sized screen :)
    (sorry I'm no help :( )

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ROM Thread is in Legend Development. Give me feedback there :)