5,298 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,538

By bhu1, Senior Member on 30th March 2012, 03:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th April 2012, 02:11 PM |#1551  
Flag Zutphen
Thanks Meter: 101

More
What are sysctl tweaks?? (in: rom control)

ps: just read this:

The sysctl.conf is a configuration file for "sysctl" which is an interface for dynamically changing kernel parameters in the Linux OS. The configuration file contains the following elements, vm.min_free_kbytes, vm.dirty_ratio, vm.dirty_backgroud_ratio, vm.vfs_cache_pressure, vm.oom_kill_allocating_task. There are many other elements within the file, but we will be primarily focusing on these specifically (the vm prefix stands for virtual memory). The sysctl.conf file should be located in /etc (/system/etc) by default.

you want to have low VFS Cache Pressure so that you use as much cache as possible instead of having Android OS drop it. However, lowering the cache pressure will make you have more cache so you need a way to clear cache for you. So I use Cache Cleaner NG to clear my cache twice a day...

18th April 2012, 02:24 PM |#1552  
Thanks Meter: 718

More
Guys and girls I'm on the latest 2.1 version. Yesterday was on AOKP B32. I have a wired problem with both ROMS (I assume it's because of the same base).

When I lock my phone with 'Lock Screen Widget' or any other app/widget of this kind my screen lights up after 1-2 seconds. Then after another 10 it goes off.
This does not seem to happen when I lock the phone with 'Power' button.

Tried different kernels, enabling/disabling 'touch-wake' but no joy

Anyone experience this problem as well or maybe have some solution?

EDIT:
It has to be something wrong with ROM itself (probably the base) because I have tried already a couple of different widgets and all of them have the same problem.
18th April 2012, 02:47 PM |#1553  
Flag Guadalajara
Thanks Meter: 41

More
If i flashed:

1.- Infinitum 2.1v
2.- Super extreme's blue theme

Can i go through and flash the WP7 recent apps mod? without bootloop problem?
18th April 2012, 03:09 PM |#1554  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 20

More
I liked v 1.1.0 very much and I liked the way it works I just wish that in your next version that you preserve the way v1.1.0 works cause v2.1 dosen't work they way I expected and does have some issues and one of the weird things I found in the last version is Semaphore app even you are using ICY Glitch kernel !!!!

I like your work very much but I didn't like v2.1 as much I liked v1.1.0 just my 2 nickels
18th April 2012, 03:11 PM |#1555  
Flag Close to Nuremberg
Thanks Meter: 1,684

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by betovanbuuren

If i flashed:

1.- Infinitum 2.1v
2.- Super extreme's blue theme

Can i go through and flash the WP7 recent apps mod? without bootloop problem?

Test it, or flash first WP7 mod and then my mod!
If you flash my mod there will be a backup in UniversalFlasher folder, so you can everytime revert back!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to super_extreme For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift super_extreme Ad-Free
18th April 2012, 03:20 PM |#1556  
Flag Close to Nuremberg
Thanks Meter: 1,684

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSaber

I liked v 1.1.0 very much and I liked the way it works I just wish that in your next version that you preserve the way v1.1.0 works cause v2.1 dosen't work they way I expected and does have some issues and one of the weird things I found in the last version is Semaphore app even you are using ICY Glitch kernel !!!!

I like your work very much but I didn't like v2.1 as much I liked v1.1.0 just my 2 nickels

What did you expect?
You can delete Semaphore app from /system/app/ folder if you want!

18th April 2012, 03:42 PM |#1557  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSaber

Care to be more specific about what you don't like about the new version?
Hard to believe that the presence of a single small program that may not be useful anymore is the reason for not liking the new version.. Especially since it takes less time to remove it then it takes to complain about it
18th April 2012, 04:05 PM |#1558  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Started with yr Rom as of yesterday afternoon. Still going better then expected frankly. After trying so many ICS this is best so far.
Two minor issues.
1. Music could not detect songs in my ex.card and it said, Sorry cannot play this song and,
2. When I downloaded Facebook syn from the Market the Contact list was synced but the Calender was not updated with birthdays which I need. Other apps like Facebook birthdays refuse to work.
All in all, a greaaaat from ! Look forward to next builds.
One question. How do I know if u have new updates?
Thanks !

18th April 2012, 04:16 PM |#1559  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillel
Is there a good app to backup system setting? It is a bit annoying to configure everything from the beginning on each wipe...

Sent from the best of the best my Galaxy S powerd by INFINITUM V2

MyBackupPro.. I use it always.. u can also backup ur apps with it (like Titanium Backup)

Thanks
Does it back up also the dialer settings and which contacts to display?

18th April 2012, 04:17 PM |#1560  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matanp

but don't use mybackuppro when you change 4.0.3 to 4.0.4, it makes FC in the romcontrol

Thanks

18th April 2012, 04:25 PM |#1561  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shillel

Thanks
Does it back up also the dialer settings and which contacts to display?

it should, but it's better to use titanium to backup apps and even system apps
use MyBackupPro to backup system settings
and to use apps like "backup to gmail" to backup call logs, sms and mms

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyservices

Started with yr Rom as of yesterday afternoon. Still going better then expected frankly. After trying so many ICS this is best so far.
Two minor issues.
1. Music could not detect songs in my ex.card and it said, Sorry cannot play this song and,
2. When I downloaded Facebook syn from the Market the Contact list was synced but the Calender was not updated with birthdays which I need. Other apps like Facebook birthdays refuse to work.
All in all, a greaaaat from ! Look forward to next builds.
One question. How do I know if u have new updates?
Thanks !

1. try clearing data of google music or download app called "TTPOD", it should read music from emmc

2. download app called "Acalendar" maybe it will work because the calendar in the rom won't support it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)