[Q] Possibly corrupted bootloader going from CM10.1 to 11

Search This thread

portsample

May 13, 2009
The phone battery on my Defy+ running CM10.1 died while connected to RSD Lite. I was able to get things going again using the McGyver USB cord hack, however all I see now is a black screen unless I am hooked up to RSD Lite and downloading at which point I see, "SW UPDATE IN PROGRESS...". RSD Lite appears to be loading software successfully, however none of the loaded ROMs have booted. I cannot see any of the boot loader icons, (red Motorola logo, or Android with the question mark in a triangle), and I can not get the white writing down the left margin after holding the "up" button while powering on. Pressing the on-off switch does cause RSD Lite to show that the device is connected, and pressing the button again causes a disconnect.
Is my device irretrievably bricked? TIA.

Last edited:

turffe

Jul 14, 2012
Kaunas
Redmi 9
Apple iPhone 12
No, your device isn't bricked, Defy not possible to brick. You simply flashed lower version SBF that is on you phone. Since you have Defy+ you'll need to flash 4.5.1-134_DFP-231 BL7 sbf to get working phone again.

Sent from my Atrix 2 using Tapatalk.

Reactions: portsample

pgreed

Jan 4, 2013
No, your device isn't bricked, Defy not possible to brick. You simply flashed lower version SBF that is on you phone. Since you have Defy+ you'll need to flash 4.5.1-134_DFP-231 BL7 sbf to get working phone again.

Defy is difficult but not impossible to brick!

portsample

May 13, 2009

Where can I download this? I've been working through the SBF files here: "http://sbf.droid-developers.org/", but the one you mentioned isn't one of them. Thanks.

Last edited:

portsample

May 13, 2009
Got it.
Flashed "DEFYPLUS_U3_4.5.1-134_DFP-231_ND_SIGN_UCADEFYEMARAB1B80AA004.0R_PDS03C_USAJRDNGIBRRTNORD_P011_A013_Service1FF", and that fixed everything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.