[ROM] MetroDroid v4.0, MetroPCS MMS Scripts, ICS Script is UP! (5/8/12)

Search This thread

Max_Pain

Oct 29, 2006
Miami, FL
well i think i'm going to keep on with MetroDroid.

i have a nand backup of cm6 just in case but if i paid $500 for this phone so i can have it on metro, i might as well have everything working on it if all i have to do is put up with sense:rolleyes::D

Max_Pain

Oct 29, 2006
Miami, FL
dude you have your official spokesperson here.

with MetroDroid i have the following working

- calls in
- calls out
- sms in
- sms out
- mms in (would work sometimes before)
- mms out (never worked for me before!)
- internet / data
- PUSH EMAIL (before MetroDroid i had never been able to use push email with K9 unless i was on wifi - now it works!)
- i can send/receive mms using stock messaging app and it doesnt get stuck on loading, it keeps on working!

so this is great.

the only thing i'd recommend is that users of MetroDroid uninstall Sprint_VVM.apk and install "Voicemail Notifier" from the market - works great:D

myluvcandle

May 9, 2010
glad to hear it =D im actually making a new rom based on a new base rom. hopefully this will fix a few issues but glad to hear that its working for u =D
Hey BloodyKiller,
First , i will like to thank you for the job well done assembling this rom , its not easy and a lot of people are happy with it.
I noticed that WIRELESS TETHER and FONT CHANGER apps on this ROM force closes on every try also when i go to MESSAGES app and options, the connection setting is unchangeble, is that normal?
I also noticed that when i go to MAIL app SETTINGS and TAP on GENERAL SETTINGS to change FONT size, signeture etc , the app forcloses...
I think there is something going on with the FONT control application on this ROM, will you mind taking a look please?

Thanks
Long Live MetroDroid ( a.k.a Metroid )

myluvcandle

May 9, 2010

- calls in
- calls out
- sms in
- sms out
- internet / data
- PUSH EMAIL (before MetroDroid i had never been able to use push email with K9 unless i was on wifi - now it works!)
- i can send/receive mms using stock messaging app and it doesnt get stuck on loading, it keeps on working!

so this is great.

the only thing i'd recommend is that users of MetroDroid uninstall Sprint_VVM.apk and install "Voicemail Notifier" from the market - works great:D
Same here..
Its AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL !!!

LOVE IT

Bloodykiller86

Apr 18, 2010
yea i know about the few apps that arent working hadnt tested them b4 so gotta do that now lol...and sprint_vvm.apk? that shouldnt be in the rom i took it out and replaced it with the incredible one....atleast i hope i did lol also yes u cant change the connection settings as its set for metro =D i set it str8 from framework-res.apk file so no matter what the apn will always be metro..aslong as you dont flash something over it lol

Last edited:

myluvcandle

May 9, 2010

- calls in
- calls out
- sms in
- sms out
- internet / data

so this is great.

MAX_PAIN,

What outgoing server did you use for yahoomail with k9?
im using IMAP.MAIL.YAHOO.COM ( INCOMING )
SMTP.MAIL.YAHOO.COM ( OUTGOING )

OUTGOING SERVER SAYS ERROR...
HELP !!!!!!!!!

Bloodykiller86

Apr 18, 2010
well for yahoo i just use the yahoo app from market and yahoo mail works just fine i could never get it to work with the default mail app though

myluvcandle

May 9, 2010
well for yahoo i just use the yahoo app from market and yahoo mail works just fine i could never get it to work with the default mail app though
Figured it out and working great !!
Use this setting on K9 or Mail app.
With the default MAIL app , it will automatically get all your incoming over mobile network ( though slow ) but lags on outgoing. Over WIFI , both incoming and outgoing WORKS perfect.

Yahoo:- IMAP = imap.mail.yahoo.com , SSL always , Port 993 ( Incoming )
SMTP = smtp.mail.yahoo.com , SSL always , Port 465 ( Outgoing )
Use LOG IN required for all.
Hotmail:- POP = pop3.live.com , SSL always , Port 995 ( Incoming )
Smtp = smtp.live.com , TLS always , Port 587 ( Outgoing )

thefiend5

Sep 7, 2010
So I have the Rom and everything is fine one thing I notcied is that the facebook app was not included upon install. I went to the market place and got the app but my phone is not letting me sync to facebook under Settings>Accounts & Sync it gives me the option to add account and when I click on add account the facebook app is there but wont let me sync. Any advice that would be awesome

thefiend5

Sep 7, 2010
Oh and this dudes rom was the only one that worked right for me outta the 3 others I tried. Bloodys Rom kills all others :D

Bloodykiller86

Apr 18, 2010
So I have the Rom and everything is fine one thing I notcied is that the facebook app was not included upon install. I went to the market place and got the app but my phone is not letting me sync to facebook under Settings>Accounts & Sync it gives me the option to add account and when I click on add account the facebook app is there but wont let me sync. Any advice that would be awesome

its cuz i removed htcfacebook.apk i couldve sworn i didnt but i guess i did ill add it back in next version but glad to see success stories for a change lol

Max_Pain

Oct 29, 2006
Miami, FL
well something went wrong :-(

i went to class everything was working. i had tested mms in and out and while driving to school got email notifications and everything.

i get back home and try sending another mms and it failed...and email wasnt working again.

so i went back to a backup i made last night after installing. mms and email are working. i started installing market apps and customizing the rom visually and now the mms and email isnt working again.

what is getting messed up along the way?

Bloodykiller86

Apr 18, 2010
well something went wrong :-(

i went to class everything was working. i had tested mms in and out and while driving to school got email notifications and everything.

i get back home and try sending another mms and it failed...and email wasnt working again.

so i went back to a backup i made last night after installing. mms and email are working. i started installing market apps and customizing the rom visually and now the mms and email isnt working again.

what is getting messed up along the way?

yea i've been trying to figure out that bug aswell idk whats causing it really imma try to change the base rom and see if it fixes it. i'm testing out a few now k. i'll report back later =P

Max_Pain

Oct 29, 2006
Miami, FL
Figured it out and working great !!
Use this setting on K9 or Mail app.
With the default MAIL app , it will automatically get all your incoming over mobile network ( though slow ) but lags on outgoing. Over WIFI , both incoming and outgoing WORKS perfect.

Yahoo:- IMAP = imap.mail.yahoo.com , SSL always , Port 993 ( Incoming )
SMTP = smtp.mail.yahoo.com , SSL always , Port 465 ( Outgoing )
Hotmail:- POP = pop3.live.com , SSL always , Port 995 ( Incoming )
Smtp = smtp.live.com , TLS always , Port 587 ( Outgoing )

wont work for me. for both incoming and outgoing it says it cant connect to the server. damn! i was sooo happy when i had EVERYTHING working...i still dont understand what happened.:(:confused:

stevako

Mar 10, 2010
metroPCS changed all their settings so until everybody can get their phones MSL code input in the data fields you're screwed. Everybody has a unique MSL code

Max_Pain

Oct 29, 2006
Miami, FL
Well I'm staying with the rom regardless because I had too many dislikes with cm6...

Now k9 mail has downloaded two messages on the network...i guess it works when it feels like it...

Swyped from my HTC Evo 4G on the MetroPCS 1X network!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If You Can't Figure Out How To Get Data, Message Me And I Will Do It For You. A Tip Would Be Appreciated But Not Required.

These rom's are meant for people who are on MetroPCS. Please don't use them if your sprint or anyone else. These roms have everything working from boot and should keep on working for aslong as you have your phone =D. I've made a couple different flavors of roms. Default HTC Sense, AOSP CyanogenMOD, and MIUI. Try whichever you like =D.

Here is a Completely Detailed How To on how to Provision your phone for data and mms.

MetroPCS Data and MMS Provisioning Guide

Instructions For MetroDroid
    1. Copy Zip to SD
    2. Boot Into Recovery
    3. Flash MetroDroid
    4. Reboot
    5. Enjoy! =D

Rom will Wipe DATA and SYSTEM so if u have anything you need from your current apps be sure to back it up =P

Instructions for MIUI or AOSP Scripts
    1. Copy Zip to SD
    2. Boot Into Recovery
    3. Flash the Script
    4. Reboot
    5. Enjoy! =D

DOWNLOADS

ROMS

MetroDroid v4.0

Scripts

MetroPCS Evo Sense 4.67 Based MMS Script v1

MetroPCS Sense 2.1/3.0 Hybrids MMS & Web Script v5

MetroPCS Evo AOSP Script v8

MetroPCS Evo ICS Script v2

MetroPCS Evo MIUI MMS Script v5

MetroPCS Evo Sense 3.0 v2

MetroPCS Evo TN RLS 5.4

MetroPCS Evo Sense 3.5 v1

Might have to reboot twice for MMS app to show up

Also if your Youtube isnt working on MetroDroid do this

Have wifi on even if your not connected and then don't this and wifi will work

dial ##3282#
    edit mode
    enter 000000 (or w/e your msl or spc is)
    goto advanced
    scroll to rtsp proxy address and http pd proxy address and change them to 0.0.0.0
    hit back twice and now try YouTube. Then while on data be sure to have wifi on even if its not connected to anything and YouTube should work

I would like to thank

Chris1683 - For His Sprint Lovers Rom as a base
    Bcnice20 - For letting me use the MIUI Rom for MetroPCS users and for the Galaxy S Keyboard
    Netarchy - For his awesome kernel
    Deathsled - For his Cricket Rom as reference
    12MaNy - For His Bootanimation
    Tolken419 - For creating the original zip that got everything working on the Eris
    Whiterabbit - For making the files to get the Web working through u2nl
    and i would like to thank anyone else who i missed
    CyanogenMOD Team - For their great roms =D

ok, guys, I just flashed yesterday 10-17-11.. damn.... Had to find the store first, to flash.

so Yes I got MMS to work... after checking in messages/settings/connection settings.. and noticed its not to Metro...

I had to scan over the past 50 pages or so.. writing down little notes... and from past files I had saved before Metro..

* using [ROM] | Swagged Out Stock |, EPST WORKS...

also tried several different roms for mms to work,...

download APN Backup and Restore like mentioned before... sorry so many pages cant remember name..

found a metro apn file... which I found on an eris thread or something. so many threads and pages for the past few months..

1st - flash at a Metro Store
    2nd - do provisioning from link on OP page,
    ** Once steps 1 and 2 are done, u probably won't ever go back and need to that again., just do the following steps 3 - 5.
    3rd - flash rom
    4th - flash Bloody's Script from OP page.
    5th - open APN Backup and Delete APN's then Restore Apn's; attached file.

EVERYTHING Works, except NO MMS thru WIFI...

COME ON, now I know I better see some thanks.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    just adding the settings.. Link from Original Page..

proxy... wap.metropcs.net:3128
    port..3128
    username...yournumber@mymetropcs.com
    password...your msl code (from whiterabbit)
    mmsc...http://mms.metropcs.net/mmsc I use http://mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmsc
    mms proxy...wap.metropcs.net or proxy.metropcs.net
    mms port...3128
    mcc...310
    mnc..027

-------------------------
    got it to work with sense 3.0 rom.. link..

the settings for gosmspro, manually input them, or I saved the settings, so i just restore settings.
    these settings work for me on any rom.... only for gosmspro...
    mmsc=http://mms.metropcs.net/mmsc
    mms proxy=proxy.metropcs.net
    mms port=3128

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    11/18/2011
    for sense 2.1 roms... file is MetroMMS-3.0-signed...been waiting for this file...:p
    recovery, wiped everything 2 times, flash MIK rom,
    boot up then install root explorer and rename or u can delete /system/apps/mms.apk and (mms.odex if available)
    then go into recovery and wiped 2x cache and dalvik, flashed MetroMMS-3.0-signed.zip..
    and dont use no apn or anything... it just works...
    NOTE: not working on sense3.0 and 3.5 roms...

a special thanks to "edgeez25" for sharing the file with me, and giving me permission to post..
    dont forget to thank him all.... click on his name above to link...
    AND TO BLOODYKILLER86, again, for this thread, and write up procedures... for his teachings and sharing.... :D
    hey guys, i figured i help share some of my files,

nope, im not gonna put everything here, I have roadrunner light, ok,
    im unemployed.. so i have slow internet, which means, 1megabyte download and upload of .50

i'll keep it open for a little while to help everyone get some stuff..
    PRLS, APNbackuprestore and my 2 files i use, drivers for evo, BLOODY'S scripts,
    I DONT WANT to slow my internet up.. hahaha its already slow...

send me a pm if u want me to put something up for u guys...

edit: 1/29/2012
    since mikekelso posted the files, i removed my link...
    Hey Bloody any chance you might mod and mms.apk to work for Ics?

Sent from my EVO 3D S using xda premium

yea ill do that.
    Metro is being a real *****! If metro were here right now, I'd smack his hoe mouth and teach him some ackright. Lmao but seriously, if metro keeps up the terrible phone selection and joke for 3g/4g service,people are gonna start swarming over to sprint... ESP since their 4g plan is 70$ now, it wont cost much more to go to sprint and get their REAL 3g/4g.... Seriously I could knock metro a fat one! Its not like were not paying our 50$ a month phone bill...maybe if they werent giving us an unbearably horrible choice of phones, we would buy one from them instead of having to go to competitors to get their phones and have em flashed over.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6