Thanks Meter: 2,652

By verygreen, Senior Member on 7th January 2014, 01:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th January 2014, 03:49 AM |#11  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Awesome
Nice to see this, I've used Bokbokan's eMMC build (off his blog) with TRIM support enabled by default (MAG2GA ver06 10/2012), and I've used your CM10.2 with TRIM everything worked great.

Does this build come with TRIM enabled?

Will this be updatable via CM updates in settings?

Thank you for making my tablet a tablet again!

7th January 2014, 03:52 AM |#12  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjooonnn

Nice to see this, I've used Bokbokan's eMMC build (off his blog) with TRIM support enabled by default (MAG2GA ver06 10/2012), and I've used your CM10.2 with TRIM everything worked great.

Thank you for making my tablet a tablet again!

It should be updatable via the settings once it's an official built. Right now, all of the builds are unofficial ones, so they have to be fully downloaded and flashed.

verygreen is the official device maintainer for CM though, so once he "approves" of the build, it will be built nightly by the CM servers, and then it will be fully integrated into their update mechanism (or CyanDelta if you use that). Just like the 10.2 builds.
7th January 2014, 03:59 AM |#13  
OP Senior Member
TN
Thanks Meter: 2,652

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeutonJon78

Also, it seems that we have to use CWM. Is there a reason TWRP isn't supported, or is that on the to-do list?

It's on the todo list, but cwm was easier to make at first (as in, next to zero effort)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjooonnn

Yes, this has TRIM-enabled kernel, though I have not decided if I should do it for the official releases.
Have there been any more bricks with the trim-fixed kernels in the past couple of months?

Quote:

I guess yes, once there are official nightlies again. But I want to make sure it's at least of adequate quality before enabling that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to verygreen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift verygreen Ad-Free
7th January 2014, 04:20 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Just an advisory: I just flashed this over Succulent's rom with no problems, BUT I lost all my saved wifi profiles and had to reflash gapps. Not any big deal, but to anybody else who plans to do that and isn't coming from CM 10.1/2: be prepared. Relatively painless upgrade, though. Very glad to see TRIM enabled. Don't plan on enabling ART until xposed/gravitybox is compatible. This is much, much smoother than Succulent's build.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darrian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Darrian Ad-Free
7th January 2014, 04:25 AM |#15  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Good job!
I can't speak for anyone but didn't see anything from a quick search in the post: TRIM FAQ. I can attest that mine works and I believe it should be one of the bad eMMC (MAG2GA ver06 not ver05).

I did test TRIM (vdc fstrim dotrim) no issues, and found the CM11 under updates (after I updated to CM11) so I can attest to that much!

Thanks for the reply
The Following User Says Thank You to jjjooonnn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jjjooonnn Ad-Free
7th January 2014, 05:56 AM |#16  
Virginia Beach
Thanks Meter: 177

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrian

Just an advisory: I just flashed this over Succulent's rom with no problems, BUT I lost all my saved wifi profiles and had to reflash gapps. Not any big deal, but to anybody else who plans to do that and isn't coming from CM 10.1/2: be prepared. Relatively painless upgrade, though. Very glad to see TRIM enabled. Don't plan on enabling ART until xposed/gravitybox is compatible. This is much, much smoother than Succulent's build.

I would say they are about same smooth. Succulent's build has some nice framework and more option in performance settings. But just from system ui or user experience they are almost the same. Not could I tell the difference in app opening or transition.

Stock launcher Does lag when press the app drawer butter from home screen. But I use Nova launcher to solve the problem.

No find significant performance inprovememt over cm10.2 yet. Maybe Kitkat just does more job in UX polishing rather then performance.

Hopefully we could find some Performance MOD to use in KitKat.
7th January 2014, 07:01 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
It may very well be due to the fact that I upgraded from CM 10.2 and did not do a clean install, but for me Succulent's build was extremely laggy, many apps froze frequently, and when too many apps (more than like 3) were open it would reboot itself. I have none of those problems with this build, it's super smooth and fast and I haven't had any apps become laggy or crash or reboot my tablet. And this is upgrading from CM 10.2>Succulent's KK>Verygreen's KK; I still haven't done a factory reset and don't plan to unless it becomes necessary later. I use Nova as well. I'm not saying Succulent's build is bad, I thought it was bearable enough to use and was planning on using it long term, updating with each new build until it got to where I thought it should be, but then I installed this build and the difference is staggering. If I reflashed Succulent's build and wiped my data partition I might have a better experience, but now that I have this I don't see any need to.
7th January 2014, 08:07 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
this is great, glad to see you're back =)

my nook is currently being borrowed, i was wondering if anyone could quickly benchmark it?
thanks
7th January 2014, 08:38 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Thank you Verygreen for this new build.
I will try it today.
I have 2 questions about CM11 and Nook HD+ hardware:
- did the HD+ have a bluetooth low energy (BT 4.0) chips?
- did the HD+ have a Low-power audio playback (kitkat new feature) capable chips?
If yes, is it included in this new CM11 build?

Thanks

Edit:
I found that Nook HD+ has wl1271l chip and uses wl12xx driver. That chip is BT 4.0 and BLE. See here http://www.rfm.com/products/data/wls1271l.pdf
But this thread show that BLE isn't activated in CM.
7th January 2014, 12:24 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 37

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by verygreen

久しぶりでした

(Also for completeness, For Nook HD+ sdcard image cm-11-20140106-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-sdcard.zip, | initial sdcard image for ovation )

Thanks verygreen. Great to see your are back in action.

The SDCARD image link is downloading emmc image. Here is the correct like if any one is looking.
cm-11-20140106-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-sdcard.zip
7th January 2014, 12:40 PM |#21  
Flag Tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbcal

Thanks verygreen. Great to see your are back in action.

The SDCARD image link is downloading emmc image. Here is the correct like if any one is looking.
cm-11-20140106-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-sdcard.zip

Looking formard to official release, until then I'll be on succulent's rom
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)