Vote to get Powermat for Atrix!

Search This thread

G-Man.

Nov 15, 2010
Laramie, WY
I've heard alot of horror stories about those powermats burning up devices because they overcharge the hell out of your battery.. Fire hazards too...
I agree with the two ppl who said they are a waste of money :)

k4zyn

Mar 28, 2011
Overcharge the battery?? :rolleyes: It works the same as regular charger, power goes from the pad to the case, to the usb port on the phone to charge. It's just replacing the cable with the pad/case.

The horror story will come next month when you realize you spent $100 extra on your electricity bill because of how HORRIBLY inefficient they are.

robrj

Mar 17, 2011
I bought a charging station and a case for my wife's iPhone for Christmas. The thing's such a pain to use she's stopped using it. She liked the look and feel of the case. Plus, for some reason, they put a different jack on the bottom (the phone's jack plugs into the case). So none of her iPhone jacks work with the case on. It's easy to remove but you shouldn't have to.

It's real finicky about where you place the phone. You usually wind up lifting and placing it down again ten times or more to get it to finally start charging. It's not convenient at all. The accessories that came with the pad work fine. Just drop them on and it starts so I'm guessing the case is the problem.

I have a standard dock which I use as a night clock so I have no need for one. The dock is much more convenient and useful.

Last edited: